1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

From flabby to fittie!! (mostly red days)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by charlottie, 10 March 2014 Social URL.

1. charlottie

charlottie Well-Known Member

Hello Minimins!

I've been following Slimming World for two months now and only managed to lost a dismal 2lb :( Now I must admit to having a few meals off plan in this time, but I would have hoped that the weight would be shifting a little faster. I have been following extra easy and making double amounts of my tea to take to work at lunch, having looked back over what I have eaten I have noticed that this has meant I've been consuming A LOT of carbohydrates! Now I know you can eat these freely on EE, however I do think that they may have contributed to me being unable to lose weight. With that in mind I have decided to try and ramp it up a bit by switching to red days, my mum did these and lost weight quickly and easily and cutting out white carbs is what most health & nutritionists suggest is the key to losing weight! I'm not overally clued up on the red plan having never followed it before so I thought that I would start a diary so you lovely people can point out where I am going wrong and also so I have something as motivation! I'm also logging this on MFP to try and keep under my recommended 1200 calories a day!

Here are my goals for this week (weigh in is tomorrow so this is for next weeks weigh in):

- Lose 2lb
    - Avoid 'white' carbs
    - Eat syns throughout the day instead of having an evening 'treat'
    - No crisps (I always end up eating more than one bag)
    - 10 syns a day
    - 3 x lots of exercise
    - Lots of SF

Monday 10th July

B - 1 x apple (SF) & 1 x nectarine (SF) + 1 x Aldi Benefit Apple & Sultana Cereal Bar (1/2 HxB)
    S - 20g dried pineapple (3.5 syns)
    L - Homemade butternut squash & coconut soup (2.5 syns), mixed salad of cucumber, lettuce & celery (SF), balsamic vinegar (F), 3 x Aldi crisp breads (HxB), 1 x laughing cow light cheese triangle (1.5 syns)
    T - Asda Butchers Choice Thin Frying Steak (F), butternut squash chips (SF), Carrots (SF) roasted in 2tsp honey (2syns), mushroom (SF) & red pepper (SF)
    S - 2 x Aldi crisp breads (1/2 HxB) & 30g cheddar (HxA)

Healthy Extras
    Healthy Extra B (1) - 1 x Benefit Cereal Bar & 2 x Aldi crisp breads
    Healthy Extra B (2) - 3 x Aldi crisp breads
    Healthy Extra A (1) - 30g cheddar

Syns
    Dried Pineapple - 3.5
    Soup - 2.5
    1 x laughing cow light triangle - 1.5
    2 x tsp honey - 2

Total - 9.5 (within my 10 a day!)

Was struggling with hunger earlier but feeling full and satisfied from my tea & healthy extra snack :)

Charlotte x

Last edited: 10 March 2014
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great day!! I too am doing mostly 'red' days this week. I like the flexibility of the 2 Healthy extras and cutting back on the carbs. I too had butternut squash chips last night - they were lush!!

Having a cottage pie tonight made with carrot and swede mash - who needs potatoes eh?

Hope you have a great week.