did you and do you take vitamins?

mrsminkymoo

hello lovelys, just wondered if you did or do take vitamins and if so what do you take, as i have never in my life taken any and wouldnt know were to start :rolleyes:

I take Multibionta probiotic multivitamins. Whether it does anything or not I don't know...

You really, really need to take at least one good multivit - Sanatogen gold are good - and some sort of fibre supplement, especially if you think you might not get a full quota of veggies. Benefibre can be mixed into drinks and has no taste, and pysllium husks I believe are also high fibre.

Nope. If you having a good balanced diet why would you need them? Don't believe the hype :)

I am currently taking, nultivit (no iron), omega 3 and glucosamine (for my joints). I was wondering rose you said about fibre supplements. I have been getting fibregel on prescription can I still take that on atkins? I have not had any so far but would be good as they always work for e and get things moving :)

Cinta said:
Nope. If you having a good balanced diet why would you need them? Don't believe the hype :)

Because you're not. Atkins himself said you need vitamin supplements while on induction, and if you're on induction for any length of time fibre is a must just for bowel health. On owl and maint you can eat a balanced enough diet not to need as much, but not on induction.

WelshCupcake said:
I am currently taking, nultivit (no iron), omega 3 and glucosamine (for my joints). I was wondering rose you said about fibre supplements. I have been getting fibregel on prescription can I still take that on atkins? I have not had any so far but would be good as they always work for e and get things moving :)

I don't know about fibregel as I've never taken it - if it doesn't have sugar in then I imagine it's okay? Have a look at the label, if it says unsuitable for diabetics then don't use it but otherwise give it a try?

I take Tesco's cheapy A-Z supplement, have done for six months and haven't had as much as a cold*. Before I started Atkins I had never taken a vitamin pill in my life, and if I ever behave myself enough to get on to proper maintenance I'll drop them again, as I'll be getting my fruit then as well as my veg.

*ETA ignore this, it's the sort of anecdotal evidence I usually heap scorn upon!!! Dunno what came over me there. ;)

hi - I'm on a multivit but without iron as I didnt want anything extra bunging me up lol

*ETA ignore this, it's the sort of anecdotal evidence I usually heap scorn upon!!! Dunno what came over me there.

Haha Clare - we are together on this! xxx

I always MEAN to take a multi-vit...but seldom seem to remember!
I'd be interested to knoe if fybogel etc is OK...just in case I ever feel the need lol
M
x

I take boots multi vit and minerals especially formulated for dieters
as not eating any fruit and not a lot of veg.

I'm on a fish oil for my joints

Sounds interesting, what's it called?
Boots Vitamin Support for dieters
'Helps support your nutritional balance when on a weight management programme'
They are in a silver box by all their diet pills etc;)

Back