Did you do the cd prep b4 starting

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Emm28, 5 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just wondering how many of you done the CD prep before actually starting the CD? What i mena is reduce your carb and calorie intake before the big starting day ??

Just curious lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge

No - I went totally cold turkey.... My last supper was bottle of rose, jacket potato, peanut salad and huge slab of steak... Followed by some cheese, crisps and a handful of Quality Street.... Seems such a long time ago now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    nah, just got stuck in! i didnt feel too bad for jumping from carbs carbs carbs to 3 shakes a day so maybe i was a lucky one.

5. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    No had aright boozy bingey weekend prior to starting and I was in ketosis on day 2.

6. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL, yep same here i had my last supper of Chicken Korma,rice,nann bread,popadoms and half a pack of custard creams. I did'nt cut down at all before the day although i did get into drinking water about 2 months before.

7. Meneither

Meneither The Me Is Back.........

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last year when i started i did cut down on my cofee intake as aprt of the whole overall muat stop drinking a million cups a day had horrendous caffine withdrawl shakes, giddyness, and headaches.
    this time round to he honest have done no preperation apart from brought some pain killers for the haeadache carb withdrawl, and upped my water intake.

I would recomend any one starting to do CD to cut back on the carbs, dont give up tea or coffee but start drinking it black with or without sweetners (tablet) and up the water.

Day before i started had 4 hot cross buns two sausage rolls and 2 mars bars (me bad)

Most of all look forward to the new slimmer you.

Me.

8. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

I didnt... did my usual takeway followed by treats the night before. I actually hadnt heard anything about cutting back before starting ss!

9. mel74123

mel74123 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(17.48%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hi as with everyone else i had a huge blow out with pizza,chineese and kfc,yes all 3 lol i went strait into the diet and didnt have any side effects at all,i felt i needed to get all my cravings out of the way first !!

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I did and I lost 4lbs the week before starting just by cutting down on carbs and upping my water

11. esmeotto

esmeotto Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Same as Dancing here , cut out carbs, upped the water and lost 4lbs on prep week. Had a smooth transistion into cambridge, as I had the no carbs headache on prep week not on cd. I was already in ketosis on day one, less of a shock to the system that way.

I think your cdc is supposed to advise you to do this before you start.

helenx

12. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I tried to.. I cut out caffeine, so I got most of my headaches out the way!! and I tried to cut down on carbs, which I mostly managed.. except for half a pack of biccies on the last day!!! but other than feeling hungry on day 2/3 I settled into SS really quickly :)

13. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

No - went to Spain for a friend's 40th and ate/drank anything and everything! I couldn't miss this, so started straight on CD on the Monday after.

14. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I did.... I was so eager to start but could'nt see my CDC till the 7th Jan!
    I wanted to mark the 1st day of the year so upped the water and cut out the carbs, has some Atkins bars (as a treat;))
    Lost 10lbs the week before I started CD....however my 1st CD weigh in wasn't as high as my CD expected but then I explained I had been 'prepping'!
    X

15. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    nope no prep week for me here too, just went for it, had pizza a bottle of red wine choccies n cant rememer what else on that last night ,and i had no probs in first week

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.