• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

did you ever wonder...

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
actually that makes sense! like we just let ourselves get fatter by buying bigger clothes! ridiculous xx

kellymundy

Gold Member
S: 20st9.5lb G: 10st0lb
Lol your mind works just like mine! Why did we do it? I think for me it was convenience and denial. I put on all my weight after having a baby and my life got so busy with raising my daughter I put myself last, including losing the weight.

Beccubug

Silver Member
S: 17st2lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 34.2 Loss: 2st13lb(17.08%)
You really don't remember it either, it's wierd, like you block out getting bigger. I went from a 10 to a 20 in less than a year.

Sambucca

Gold Member
S: 20st7lb C: 11st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.2 Loss: 9st0lb(43.9%)
OMG Abz, what a great question. I wish i had tried harder to lose the weight instead of just buying bigger sizes. As i lost the weight last year i chucked out my bigger clothes as i went down the sizes as i was determined not to need them again. unfortunately it hasnt worked but i have refused to spend a fortune so im having to wear stuff thats a bit tighter than i would like and have bought a few cheap things from places like asda.

karenO

Step away from the chips!
I think i did similar to Kelly - i had 2 babies exactly a year apart and it was all too easy to tell myself it was "just baby weight". It was all too easy to keep wearing maternity clothes & stretchy things round the house. It was only when i had to actually go out & buy something that i would think WTF whats going on? And then proceed to tell myself that it was because they make clothes much smaller these days.
I was totally convinced in my mind that i was no bigger than i was before i had the children, but i also know i was self-deluding because i could see in the mirror how big i'd gotten. Somehow though it just never registered. I could see it, i could physically feel it but i didnt feel it mentally iykwim?
It was only when i went back to work a few months ago that it started to sink in...probably aided by the fact that i had to buy some new trousers and i needed a size 26 :(

abz

Gold Member
it just occurred to me the other day. and then i lost a lot of weight and didn't want to get rid of some trousers because i really liked them. and then i 'rediscovered' them and wore them a lot and they got tight. i just grew into them!! this time i mean to throw away all my bigger clothes as soon as they become too big. a lot won't because i'm hourglass shaped skirts that used to rest on my hips now just fit around my waist and only go to the knee instead of the shin *blushes* but my trousers are going to go the second i fit into a smaller size!!

abz xx

S: 16st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 11st6lb Loss: 1st0lb(6.25%)
Hiya hun,
I hear you. However, I got rid of all my size 14s so I have no choice but to get into my 10s and 12s. its so easy to just keep fitting into bigger clothes and ignore the whole weight issue. I been avoiding scales since march but thanks God only put on 7lbs...wake up call. back to SS tomorrow.

abz

Gold Member
i am going MAD. smell of pizza is wofting up the stairs. i'm going to eat my arm soon!! sorry. completely off topic i know but it's all i can think about, ha.

abz xx

Well, same here. Just kept buying bigger sizes..
I have no idea where it all came from either because I wasn't a great eater. I guess I ate the wrong stuff and I wasn't active either...

I don't even have the "excuse" (it's not meant as an insult to all you mums, it's meant to kick my own arse..) of having had a baby.. I only have a dog...

So there we go, put on about 7 stone in 10 years and never noticed...well, denial is the word..

xxx

BREN

is going to loose!
S: 83kg C: 80.8kg G: 72kg BMI: 27.9 Loss: 2.2kg(2.68%)
I lost and got down to a size 10 Oz and then .....well..I dont know bought the next size up and still thought it looked good. But really I dont like wearing that size and now I feel uncomfortable and want my old clothes back. I want to feel fashionable again not just "wearing these clothes today because they are the only one that fit!"

Bren
X

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
S: 24st9lb C: 18st1lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 6st8lb(26.67%)
I was totally convinced in my mind that i was no bigger than i was before i had the children, but i also know i was self-deluding because i could see in the mirror how big i'd gotten. Somehow though it just never registered. I could see it, i could physically feel it but i didnt feel it mentally iykwim?
It was only when i went back to work a few months ago that it started to sink in...probably aided by the fact that i had to buy some new trousers and i needed a size 26 :(
Totally understand you there!!!!

After I had my daughter last July I was very ill and lost all my baby weight in less than 3 weeks - actually weighed less than pre-pregnancy!!!! However I have gradually put the weight on and then some, without really realising it. I was going through a rough time and my weight was at the back of my mind!!!!

It was only when I went back to work in Feb and had to get some new work clothes that I realised how much i had gained!!!! Had to buy size 24 trousers, whereas I was 20/22 bottom half before. I still blamed it on post-pregnancy tho!!!

abz

Gold Member
i have black trousers ranging from a 16 through to a 20. and the 16s still have the tag on. i obviously bought them to shrink into and never made it :D :D

abz xx