When did you buy new clothes?

I've lost 2st and am now 11st 2lbs at 5" 3'.
My clothes which fitted comfortably before still fit now albeit a little looser (they weren't tight or anything before and not stretched). Nothing noticable to others though.
I go back to work next month after a few months off and I was hoping to be able to justify some new work clothes but I can't because they still fit. One skirt is large but perfectly wearable.
I will admit I'm a bit upset about it. It's goimg to be tough going back. I never liked my work stuff and I need all the confidence I can muster right now. New clothes which are more "me" would have helped a lot. Shallow absolutely but true.
I have another 2st or so to go so I can't justify buying new clothes when I just don't need them.
When did your clothes stop fitting so well and when did you buy new ones?

I can only really justify buying new clothes when the old ones look completely silly and fall off :p But that's because I hate clothes shopping in general. I'd suggest keep your wardrobe if it still fits well enough, BUT, buy one new thing for going back to work. It will help mentally to adjust and as you said in your diary, you liked power dressing, so why not treat yourself to one outfit to really give you that oomph for the first day back? :)

I've lost almost 5 stone, but still the same size on top. I'm 1 size smaller on trousers, but just to tide me over I have bought a few things off eBay and some inexpensive clothes from George. My husband bought me some gift cards for Christmas and Birthday to use in a big shopping centre, so will use those over the Summer/Autumn when I have lost more weight and look to be around what my long term size will be.

How about as someone else suggested buying one new outfit. Or could you justify some cheap tops from somewhere like primark or Asda George.

Have you been to try any new clothes on at all? When I lost weight in the past my old clothes would feel OK even though they were looser until I actually went and tried the next size down and then I realised the smaller size looked better.

If you can afford it then buy a new work outfit, nothing extragavent but something that makes you feel good. I am in a similar situation, not with the amazing weight loss but with hopefully returning to work. I normally by a new outfit as the weather changes so have decided if I get a new job it will be for work and if I don't I am getting something new for going to the pool or walking

Back