Didn't get on with my CDC :(

polishrose

Gold Member
So much so that I didn't even feel like continuing on the diet.Then ran into some financial trouble so gave up totally.BUT...I am back as always...but need to find a CDC in Cheltenham (Sorry
**** if you're reading this, I just didn't feel you were that interested because I was late that day and had to come with the kids-I felt like I was an inconvenience :( )
So...how do I find someone?I have looked on the site but there is only one in Chelt itself and the others are too far (my car died so I am having to walk everywhere)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you telephone cd 0800 161412 (freephone) they will be able to give you details of other cdc's in your area ... not all cdc's are listed on the website?

Yeah I rang and they gave me details of one lady but she is based in a little village outside of Cheltenham so I don't think I will be able to get there :( I have called her anyway and left a message so I'm just waiting for her to get back to me.

Fingers cross you manage to find another CDC. I feel sorry for poor ****, if you were late she might have been waiting for someone else to come and being in a hurry can def change the way i am if i am meeting someone new at work.

Can i open a can of worms here? do you really think a meeting about food abstainance is really a good place for children? maybe its just me but i can't think of anything worse.

Hope you find another CDC thou, cos this diet really works, G_D

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I have lots of customers ocme with their children & my girls are around the diet all the time. Mine are too young to understand, but I tell the eldest that "Mummies ladies have special food to help them lose weight, but eating healthy choices will mean you don't have to stop having normal food etc" I think if your children are around you anyway, if you are open & honest about it it can be a positive thing.

Nicky

my children come with us all the time, our CDC is very fond of them and at 1&3 they don't really know what is going on and like to hold the baskets while we "shop" for our shakes and bars!

I don't see a problem for children being around the diet, we just explained that mummy and daddy need to do this for a while, and the boys are just delighted that Mummy and Daddy have so much energy for them now!

Fingers cross you manage to find another CDC. I feel sorry for poor ****, if you were late she might have been waiting for someone else to come and being in a hurry can def change the way i am if i am meeting someone new at work.

Can i open a can of worms here? do you really think a meeting about food abstainance is really a good place for children? maybe its just me but i can't think of anything worse.

Hope you find another CDC thou, cos this diet really works, G_D

She wasn't waiting for anyone else, as she had emailed and said she was free all day until 3.She was eating her lunch when I arrived-and the reason I was late was because my car died so I had to walk which took me over an hour.I didn't have her phone number at the time as we emailed.
I HAD to bring my children as it was half term and although I would have left them if I had been driving I didn't feel it was right to leave them for over 2 hours.I certainly didn't want to take them but couldn't find anyone to look after them at such short notice(I have 4 children).In any case the children went outside while we talked because I didn't want them hearing all about my food issues, and the CDC wasn't very understanding about why I didn't want them in the room with me.
When I decided not to go back I emailed and let her know and didn't get a reply, not even to say "Ok thanks for letting me know", so I just didn't feel she cared particularly.When I did LL before, I had to stop because of financial issues, and the counsellor emailed me for several weeks afterwards to see how I was managing, which I thought was really nice of her.

It's sad that you didn't get on and I wish you luck in finding another cdc.

Mine is an angel but much too far for you to walk hee hee. She lets me take my 2 year old and missed him when he didn't come once. She has even given him sweeties!!!!! It's great for me because I'm a stay at home mum and my husband is always home from work about seven so it would be after bath time I'd be able to go out and so far my son won't settle for anyone else so my cdc is fab.

Hey polishrose, dont know it you will remember me but I was doing cd same time as you before hun!!! Im not back on diet yet but plan restart straight after xmas so good luck with finding new counsellor and restart. Sarahxx.

Good Luck Sarah :) How about we make a vow we'll stick with it this time to the end? :)

Sorry you have had a bad experience Polishrose.

I am just about to become a Weight-Matters consultant (another VLCD). We have separate meetings that involve children because we believe that children should be taught a healthy attitude to eating. WM involves food from the start (if you want it like SSing) but has very relaxed groups or can be bought online if you can't get to a meeting.

Hope everything works out for you xxx

Mine is great, I'm late most weeks but I always text her first to tell her and she always manages to fit me... I was early today though!!!!

I found another one who does a meeting in the town centre so that suits me perfectly.She sounded very nice on the phone so fingers crossed it'll be OK.

Thanks-I'm on day 2 so far (had spare packs at home) and it's going OK-not in ketosis yet and it's TOTM so not easy at the moment but am stubbornly hanging in there.

Hiya,
I remember you from 1st time round too! and SarahP. I'm back too! I'm on day 5 today. Managing ok. I'm in ketosis now so that will help. I'm definitely going to do it this time!!! It's a horrible time of year for starting but I just thought I'd end up putting more weight on over xmas so I might as well just get started now. Good luck with your restart.

Tx

Hi Polish, tiara and sarahp.

Good luck with your re-starts. Once you get the first few days under your belt, as you know, you will soon be flying with the ketosis fairy! Lovely to see you back on the boards too xxxx

Loving the idea of sticking with it till the end this time hun, will be with you very soon!!! Good luck with these first few days and heres to a stone gone for you before xmas!! Sarahxx.

Back