Diet-breaking dreams

Rorah

Mooooooo
Every night I keep dreaming that I have messed up my diet and feel awful! Last night I dreamed that I had to meet my other half in a curry house and I ate some poppadoms and some asparagus (??!:confused:) and then I dreamed I ate some more stuff and felt so bad.

And then, I wake up and... BIG sigh of relief, it was all just a dream and I didn't eat anything afterall!

Does anyone else get this or am I just going mad? :confused:

Ha! That's really funny because Saturday night I dreamt that I was eating chicken crisps and was really upset and annoyed - the relief when I woke up was incredible! Then I fell back to sleep and dreamt I was eating a toblerone, I never eat toblerone or chicken crisps....salt and vinegar crisps and a dairy milk maybe!

We should remember how good the relief feels when we wake up knowing we haven't, that should in theory stop us bingeing because I felt truly gutted that I'd messed up....maybe it's our bodies giving us motivation by showing us how pleased we are that we haven't eaten and how sad we'd be If we did

I'll stop rambling now but yes, it's normal and if it's not then we can be abnormal together :) x

I used to get it really bad on Lighter Life, I'd go to sleep and dream I've eaten anything and everything (even stuff I don't like)

I even phoned a friend once to ask if we'd been to McDonald's the night before! (He asked me if I had gone mental)

I'm getting them bad ATM! I dream I get up and eat loads from kitchen! And panic when I wake thinking iv been cheating! Think it's because I want it so bad this time lol

I have these!

Last night I dreamt I ate a whole box of after eight mints and the night before it was a plate of chocolate muffins!!!!

So weird. However, it does feel good to wake up and know that I stuck the diet 100% and those feelings of upset at cheating were just a dream!

I had a couple of those dreams last time round.

As for the asparagus I don't suppose you watched shameless last week did you, because eating asparagus was brought up in one of the episodes. x

Haha, no, actually it was on Countryfile last night, they were selling it in Guernsey in these little roadside honesty boxes, it looked amazing *drool*! I'm just a massive vegetable fiend, asparagus and mushrooms are my 2 favourite foods!

I have those dreams! My fella's told me I've been chomping in my sleep too since I started back on CD! Lol! Such a relief when I wake up and realise it wasn't real!

happens to me too. it's dreams that brings out issues and anything that you are secretly/subconsciously thinking about. happened when i went veggie 20 years ago. kept dreaming i'd eaten ham. my mum used to have dreams that she'd started smoking again when she quit.

I have these!

Last night I dreamt I ate a whole box of after eight mints and the night before it was a plate of chocolate muffins!!!!

So weird. However, it does feel good to wake up and know that I stuck the diet 100% and those feelings of upset at cheating were just a dream!

yum, after 8's. thank goodness for mint bars.

soo glad I'm not the only one!

I dreamt of mushy peas last night, and I don't even like mushy peas :/

Oooh <3 mushy peas! I'm going to eat a whole can of them when I reach goal, with mushrooms and asparagus!

haha rather you than me!! :) bizarrely, I really liked them in my dream maybe its a sign!

Last night I dreamed I ate loads of those chocolate coins you get at Christmas - and then loads of Haribo! I don't even eat Haribo because I'm vegetarian...

Needless to say I felt terrible, until I woke up ;)

Lol, the same thing happened to me last night. I dreamt i had ruined my diet eating take away. I have really vivid dreams due to the meds i take so i was convinced i had ruined my diet. I guess its our subconcious acting up. xx

loooooooool was just going through some old threads and came across this hahhaha..last night i had a dream i was eating fistfuls of rice!!! :)

Back