Diet Coke and Diet Irn Bru Chicken

LottieG

Hi All,

I am a big big fan of diet coke chicken and have just been told about diet irn bru chicken which I am going to have a go at tonight. Has anyone else tried the irn bru version and what was your opinion?

Lottie xx

Can of diet coke
Passata sauce
Worcester sauce
And chicken

I never normally measure just guess lol! I use about the same Passata as I do coke.
And I think the irn bru is the same but obv with irn bru!x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When I do diet coke chicken I usually dice some onions and a pepper and 2 chicken breasts for hubby and me. I then cook that off until the chicken is nearly cooked and then I add 500ml of diet coke and 4 tablespoons of passata. I also add a gulg of soy sauce and a pinch of Chinese 5 spice but you don't need to add those. It's the diet coke and passata that it needs. Again with the peppers and onions, it's a preference and I like to bulk it out a bit. Then just let it simmer away for 20 to 30 mins. Keep an eye on it as the sauce turns from being really liquid to a more thick sticky glaze quite quickly. Tastes like a light BBQ sauce. Nom Nom!!

Irn Bru is exactly the same but I'm leaving out the Chinese 5 spice. It's cooking away now!! Will let you know how it turns out!

Right the verdict..... it's a winner! It was very nice. It is very sweet though and has a sweet and sour sort of flavour. I think I prefer diet coke chicken but hubby liked this one best. Will defo do it again xxx

Give it ago. I did it with half a pack of the uncle benns microwave rice each which was 5pp and the chicken was 4pp, the sauce was nothing as it was sugar free irn bru and a nice salad. Good filling easy yummy dinner all for 9 points!

Im a bit blonde when it comes to food what is Passata?

LOL. It's sieved tomatoes. A bit like tinned toms but completely smooth. You will find it with the tinned toms in the supermarket and it's normally in a carton.

Thanks a million will have a look tomorrow in Dunnes

ooo never heard of diet coke chicken. im gonna go it a go as have a silly amount of diet drinks left over from December festivities! x

Just started WW again on Monday and managing alright, especially now that i have discovered this website. I have made the Warburton Wrap pizzas which my nephews (3 of) love and tonight I'm going to be making the diet coke chicken for me and them. I'm going to cook the chicken, peppers and onion then add the diet coke, passata and worcestershire sauce. I'm thinking of serving it with rice and maybe cut up a warburton wrap with light cheese on it like a kind of naan bread. Any other tips would be really helpful, thanks!!

i jus made this and it was delish. i added 5 spice, ginger, garlic and chilli's an used tinned tomatoes instead of pasata.

had it with brown rice and lots if veg. even the hubby liked it!

That diet coke chicken was superb. I added a red onion and 2 peppers with 300g chicken and it fed 3 adults and 3 children. The nephews loved it and asked for it the next night to put on the warburton Wrap pizzas ha I'll try the diet Irn bru one either Thursday or Friday this week and let you know how that goes. Please keep the recipes coming as I'm always stuck for ideas!!

I'm making Irn Bru chicken for tea - fingers crossed :)

Back