Diet Coke and Diet Irn Bru Chicken

U cn make diet tango chickn too:)

here I'm thinking bits of onion, peppers and pineapple with the passata and maybe some soy sauce and chili powder to taste, for a guilt free sweet n sour chicken?! :-D speaking of passata btw, instead buy the supermarket value brand of canned plum tomatoes (usually even cheaper than the chopped variety) and go at it with the hand blender or food processor, works just as well!

Diet coke chicken simmering away...mmm...

ForumRunner_20120221_175245.jpg

Diet coke and irn bru chicken! I have to try these, they sound amazing! Who thought of mixing drinks with chicken? Can't wait to see how it tastes :)

Well I tried the diet coke chicken tonight and it was lovely. It didn't seem to thicken up a great deal though so had to add some flour. I fried some mushrooms in fry light and worcestershire then added the diet coke and some passata. I didn't use as much passata as coke then added cooked chicken. Brought to the boil then simmered. How do I get a thicker sauce.

Claire

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I might give this a go 1 night this week

Me to tomorrow

Oh I love diet coke chicken I make it at least once a week, even before I started WW and was not on a diet and I love irn-bru lol but don't know if I fancy the Irn-bru version but I suppose I'll have to try it or I'll never know! x

Just subscribing so I can try x

specialk said:
pepsi max also works well, gives it a more fruitier taste than diet coke...

I always use Pepsi max :)

I made diet coke chicken tonight, it was completely fab!!! I mixed 1 can with 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup and 2 tablespoons worchestire sauce! Took a good 20-25 minutes for the sauce to simmer down and get sticky! Served with noodles! It was fab!

Back