Diet coke chicken

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by Needtodothis, 14 January 2013.

1. Needtodothis

Needtodothis Well-Known Member

I was told that there is a recipe for diet coke chicken on sw...I'm trying to do EE. Does anyone know if there is a recipe, if so what is it and is it suitable on EE,
    I've tried looking for it but can't find it anywhere, it may well be for a different didn't and that's why I can't find it lol

Thankyou xx
  2. laurawelshie

laurawelshie Well-Known Member

3. Needtodothis

Oh yea star thankyou so much, I've tried sw lots of times b4 but am determined to do it this time xx
  4. laurawelshie

Just get yourself on here if you feel it slipping, I think it's such a great resource! Think I might try the chicken this week :D
  5. Needtodothis

Yea I'm going to make it tonight. I used to come on this site loads think I will again. So far this week has been ok, swam 26 lengths yesterday and have done Zumba twice. Fingers x'd it will show at w.i. Xx
  6. laurawelshie

Let me know what it's like :D
    Wow well done! That's well... more than me haha. Need to get on the exercise malarky :/
  7. Needtodothis

It was lovely...added mushrooms. But proper tasty will definatly do it again, just got back from swimming, another 28 lengths done. Hope you've had a good day :) x
  8. MissPeriPeri

MissPeriPeri Well-Known Member

Wat is the actual taste like? I cant imagine what chicken cooked in coke would taste like so dont know whether i want to make it or not :S
  9. Needtodothis

It taste just like BBQ sauce. Make it. Honestly your be surprised. I was very in sure but so glad I tried it and its free on EE always a bonus x
  10. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member

It is so yummy! Doesnt taste like coke at all
  11. Emmie

Emmie Well-Known Member

Im going to try this and the BBQ sauce thats also on here :D
  12. laurawelshie

hey I also did it! amazing! can't believe it turned out so good :) had mine with cous cous and salad yummmm!
  13. Rich Ash

Rich Ash Member

Smokey Spicy BBQ Coke Chicken

All i did is take the Diet Coke Chicken recipe and basically added a few ingredients (in bold below). I think it lifts it up to another level , and would happily eat the lot even if i wasn't trying to loose weight.
    The result is a sweet smokey sticky BBQ chicken dish with a bit of a kick , GORGEOUS ! Serve it up on a mountain of veg rice and eat the lot , why ? because you can !

Serves 4 ( or 1 hungry dude )

Syn free on Extra Easy and Original

400g sliced chicken breast
    1 Grated Carrot
    1 Garlic Clove Crushed
    1 onion, diced
    330ml can Diet Coke
    6 tablespoons passata
    1 tsp Smoked Paprika
    Half tsp chilli powder , or 1 chopped chilli
    Few Dashes of worcestershire sauce
    Splash of soy sauce
    Fry Light
    Salt and lots of black pepper to taste

1. Place the coke and passata in a pan and start to reduce on a high simmer. (Saves time and stops the chicken over cooking)
    2. Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
    3. Add the onion , carrot and garlic and fry steadily until beginning to color and caramelize.
    4. Place the diced chicken in a bowl and add a generousness splash of worcestershire sauce , a splash of soy sause , salt , a good grind of black pepper, the smoked paprika and chilli powder , mix well until well coated.
    5. Add the chicken to the pan and fry till just browning.
    6. Add all the ingredients together and bring to the boil
    7. Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 15 minute

Enjoy :)
  14. Needtodothis

It's nice isn't it, I was surprised too, had mine with sw chips and salad. Not had a gd day today. Started picking abt 5 and can't seem to stop!!! Proper cross with myself! X
  15. laurawelshie

oh no :( you gone over syns?
  16. Needtodothis

Oh yea massively :(. Back on it today tho xx
  17. laurawelshie

That's the way! :D x
  18. helenpp

helenpp New Member

noted this recipe to give it a go! thank you.
  19. Needtodothis

It's lovely x
  20. Sugar2002ukuk

Sugar2002ukuk Active Member

Love Diet Coke liek another poster said this is perfect with cous cous and salad.