Diet coke chicken

Had this tonight tasted soooo good!

ForumRunner_20130124_181251.png

Thanks for this delicious recipe. Will defnitely give it ago.
Gammon cooked in diet coke and then roasted in the oven is also delicious!

This is going to be made in our home this week. It sounds weird, but I trust you all ;-)

I made this with your adaptations for me and my boyfriend last night (minus the carrot and the soy sauce, plus mushrooms), and it was lovely! I've made it before using the basic recipe, which I thought was nice, but I'll definitely be making it your way again - I'll maybe add the carrots next time, but I'm just not sure about soy sauce in anything other than Chinese!

Hi
All i did is take the Diet Coke Chicken recipe and basically added a few ingredients (in bold below). I think it lifts it up to another level , and would happily eat the lot even if i wasn't trying to loose weight.
The result is a sweet smokey sticky BBQ chicken dish with a bit of a kick , GORGEOUS ! Serve it up on a mountain of veg rice and eat the lot , why ? because you can !

Serves 4 ( or 1 hungry dude )

Syn free on Extra Easy and Original

Ingredients:

400g sliced chicken breast
1 Grated Carrot
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
1 onion, diced
330ml can Diet Coke
6 tablespoons passata
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
Half tsp chilli powder , or 1 chopped chilli
Few Dashes of worcestershire sauce
Splash of soy sauce
Fry Light
Salt and lots of black pepper to taste

Method:

1. Place the coke and passata in a pan and start to reduce on a high simmer. (Saves time and stops the chicken over cooking)
  2. Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
  3. Add the onion , carrot and garlic and fry steadily until beginning to color and caramelize.
  4. Place the diced chicken in a bowl and add a generousness splash of worcestershire sauce , a splash of soy sause , salt , a good grind of black pepper, the smoked paprika and chilli powder , mix well until well coated.
  5. Add the chicken to the pan and fry till just browning.
  6. Add all the ingredients together and bring to the boil
  7. Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 15 minute

Enjoy :)

Deffo going to try this sounds so yummy. thanks.

Back