Diet coke - liquid intake

count it towards imho.

I would definitely say no.

Water and squash count, some say you can count tea and coffee but I'm not so sure.

Diet coke is not as good for you as water and doesn't hydrate you.

It's about the water content isn't it so I would count tea but not as a whole glass as some of it would be milk from you HEXA. Ihate water on its own so I drink Robinsons sf squash.

I was just having a little Google of this and opinion seems to differ. Although Diet Coke contains caffeine which is a diuretic, you'd have to drink quite a lot of it for the caffeine to affect your hydration levels... I think, as with anything, if you enjoy it in moderation and try and alternate with some water/sugar free cordial etc then you should be ok..! : )

Yep, you are correct LisaC - I don't count it though. I try to drink my 2l of water, with or without squash as well as my hot drinks.

i personally wouldn't count it. i believe water or with squash is the best thing, i drink a lot of green tea too and since i've cut diet coke out(a couple of weeks ago) i feel loads better(not part of the question i know but had to say :) )

I was under the impression that diet coke is a dehydrant?

Caffeine is a diuretic, but you'd actually have to drink about 5 litres of diet coke for it to make any noticable difference in your blood chemistry. and by that point, you'd be peeing for england, bloated, probably puking and be suffering palpitations due to the extreme caffeine.

aspartame is also a mild dehydrant, but again it's negligible if you're sticking to a pint or two a day, spread out and not in one go.

to reduce dehydrant issues, go for asda'sown brand cola zero. it's nice tasting and only contains the caffeine that's a problem, but not the aspartame.

Back