Diet Coke

daisymay

I bought a pack of diet coke zero, and a friend had got some diet coke which were on offer 2 for 1, I explained I couldn't have that, but when we checked the nutrition labels thay were the same! So I am out of pocket :confused:
I think they have just repackaged so why can't we have it?

diet coke contains citric acid and coke zero doesnt unless theyve taken it out of DC you can drink 1 pint a day of coke zero but no dc

You can drink Coke zero on CD! Wow, roll on 10th April when I start CD, I have been on LL for 8 weeks, and my favourite tipple was coke zero, but you are not allowed it on LL! Angela x

I only looked at the nutrient panel not the ingredient list :eek:

HOWEVER!

The coke zero contains sodium citrate, and this is what I found out about it,

Citric acid is a weak organic acid found in citrus fruits. It is a natural preservative and is also used to add an acidic (sour) taste to foods and soft drinks. In biochemistry, it is important as an intermediate in the citric acid cycle and therefore occurs in the metabolism of almost all living things. It also serves as an environmentally benign cleaning agent and acts as an antioxidant.
Sodium citrate is used to enhance flavour and
maintain stability of active ingredients in food and beverage,in the
detergent industry, it can replace sodium tripolyphosphate as a
kind of safe detergent it can aloe be used in fermentation,
injection, photography and metal plating.

After reading these I think I will stick to water :wave_cry:

Coke is great for cleaning jewellery - just leave it soaking overnight!! Try soaking a well used 2p coin in a glass of coke and see how it cleans up - wonder what it really does to your insides?

Think I'll stick with water too!! :rolleyes:

Its nice for a treat though

Tesco diet caffeine free coke doesn't contain citric acid-it has phosphoric acid instead-presume that would be all right?

I tell my clients that they really are best off avoiding ALL fizzy, shop-bought drinks until they're firmly in ketosis - and that can take a few weeks. After that, if they want to risk getting knocked out of ketosis, then they should strictly limit themselves to half a glass every week or so. It's just not worth the risk of having to wrench yourself back into that lovely state of not feeling hungry.

I speak from experience - diet coke AND coke zero have knocked me out of ketosis before - just not funny!

xxx

Back