Diet Coke

rhirhi

Hi everyone, brand new to this diet...day four and feeling pretty good...achy legs and my mouth taste like iron but my internet research has shown that these are good things as it shows you are in Ketosis...

Can we have diet coke though??? Really missing it!!

Please help!!:wave_cry:

No diet coke Im afraid - contains citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis. You can have coke zero though if thats any help.

WOW!! Having a glass of coke zero would feel like such a massive treat :eek:) Am really getting into this and getting paranoid about having something that will knock me out of KT! Thank you so much for getting back to me, really nice of you xx

shona1968 said:
you can have coke zero and Dr pepper zero and asdas diet coke but not normal diet coke/pepsi
Good luck

Dr Pepper zero? Well, that will make do for a treat when I get fed up of water :)

As I posted elsewhere - Asda cherry cola has malic acid, which is okay. It is 'free from' most things we should avoid and has no aspartame or e numbers. Better still it is delicious!

this thread makes me feel better after i had a large glass of coke zero! is anyone drinking shed loads of it and managing to lose fine??? haha from the coke addict!

Yes I am living on it and still lost 10lbs this week! Just tried to make a muffin .... mmmmm it went pear shaped!!!

IcyHot said:
is there any type of flavour water from tescos i can get thats safe?

Tesco's still strawberry water is, not sure about any others :)

diet coke doesnt knock me out of ketosis, guess everyone is different huh?

Hi,
Too much coke zero can make some people stall weight wise - me included! On w8 we were advised to have one as a treat but not count it in your fluid intake for the day. I suppose everyone is different! Give it a go, I limit myself to one every so often as it makes me crave sweet stuff too!

Actually, i have been drinking asda diet coke which has malic acid not citric so i guess i have been drinking coke zero after all lol

I'm 19 days in and just been drinking water so i'm pretty pleased, but in two minds, a bit of flavoured water / dr pepper zero would be nice, but is it worth it - i mean to go from just meal replacements + water, to putting more trash in my body artificial flavourings etc is it worth it? I know theres artificial flavorings in the products but if I started drinking zero drinks i know i'd drink alot (probabally at least 1/2 a litre a day) so really not sure... early days yet maybe i'll give it a cpl of months and then introduce something so i can better monitor effects...

Diet coke is not meant to be ok, but it doesn't affect everybody. It doesn't affect my weightloss, so when I'm on Exante TS, I have it without weight fluctuation. One issue is I do notice diet drinks do make me feel hungry though, which makes me more likely to eat actual food. I'd suggest trying a week with diet coke, and see if it makes a difference.

V

I had been drinking lots of diet drinks and still losing weight but on Saturday I started the worst headache I had for years and it lasted 3 days. I stopped all the aspartame laden drinks and my sweeteners and it went by Tuesday. I think I overdosed on the stuff :sigh: Now my coffee is black and unsweetened and my drink is water.

I drink A LOT of Coke Zero.. it's almost all my liquid intake :eek: for me is fine, doesn't seem to affect my weight losses.. I don't see the big harm of some bubbly colored water with sweeteners.. ok, and a lot of chemical stuff lol

Back