Diet drinks vs Zero

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
Probs already been asked but as some people drink coke zero and dr pepper zero could we drink diet pepsi/coke then? I was reading the nutritional value on a dr pepper bottle and a 250ml serving had slightly more cals than a 330ml can of diet pepsi. everything else nutritional was the same.

It's the citric acid that's different. Coke and dr pepper zeros, asda coke zero and a few flavoured waters are the only things I've found with malic acid rather than citric. Sadly no fizzy flavoured waters..... grr annoying cos diet coke or anything would be so much easier to source, have yet to find a pub/cafe/etc stocking coke zero!

so im looking for malic acid not citrus?

That seems to be the consensus yes. It's do with citric acid affecting ketosis to different extents in different people. So far, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero, Perfectly clear still apple water, Iceland still apple water(cheaper but the only one with aspartame in), and tesco strawberry water. Thats all I've found. Oh and on a VLCD sugar isn't allowed again due to ketosis so any full-fat drinks like coke even if no citric acid- still a no due to sugar!

Oh I should add this is all advice I have learnt here on minimins since I started in jan and not something i have researched myself! Not endorsed by anyone official, I just liek finding things to make it easier in order to get me all the way to goal.

Thanks minimoosh, you have helped me alot. :)

Thanks starlight, i will try that when i go shopping tomorrow. im just struggling with water at the moment and there is only so much coffee i can drink.

Starlight- is it the diet one, or the zero added sugar one? I got the zero added sugar one and it was yuk! Had malic acid though so i thought it was ok to have!

Thanks, will try next time! I seem to be spending a fortune on coke zero but it's getting me through, though I did go nuts and have 3l last night! and half a litre of the asda coke zero!

It is dear especially the cans :( and it can be hard to find on offer.

I have the same trouble Moosh where the heck is there a pub/cafe etc that sells coke zero lol

I read somewhere that dr pepper 2l the zero one is £1 a bottle in Asda at the moment. Seeing as I work there only 90 p for me lol . I will be stocking up on that! X

just back from asda and can confirm Dr pepper is £1 a bottle and the coke zero is 3 for £3. If you don't have an asda close by you could get them in Tesco and they should price match with asda. (keep you receipt and enter it online for the price check)

I also got asda's own diet cherry coke and diet citrus coke for 59p a bottle to try. Both are free from citiric acid :)

Yep asda's dr pepper zero is only £1 at the moment, sent my partner to get some for my today after work :D

There is a sparkling flavoured water available, sainsburys own, its 3 for £1.20 at the minute x

Back