diet drinks

rosie30

Hi,

I'm really unclear as to what fizzy drinks I can have.

What about diet Vimto and sparking spring waters with flavouring...?? Did someone say diet coke was ok?

Thanks
Rose

I'm pretty sure that all water with flavourers is banned.

I'm just sticking to water with CD own flavouring powdery stuff, sparkling water (plain), and mineral water and TRY to have no more than 660ml coke a day (thats the limit, admittedly I've gone over once or twice whilst out.. better than alcohol I guess.)

Hope this helps, I'm not an expert I'm sure one will come along soon though :)

Last edited:
Oh and Coke Zero is the best, Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke aren't too bad but everyone seems to reccommend the Zero!

I'm having a Pepsi Max right now mind you :-S

Coke is obviously a no no as it has sugar in - which will knock you out of ketosis!!

Diet coke has citric acid in - which also knocks you out of ketosis and makes you more hungry too..

Coke zero has malic acid in - which is fine.. So have that - I was told no more than 500mls a day but to be honest one can is enough - its a nice taste in terms of being something different from the drinks and water!!

hth!!

Oh sugar ignore everything I said in that case!!!

Specially the pepsi max bit...I know myself thats a no go but I'm not feeling to great so thats my excuse.

Sorry for bad advice :(

you can have perfectly clear - red apple still & fizzy strawberry & kiwi.
basic rule of thumb is if it has citric acid NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
if it has malic acid OK OK OK
hope this helps

Oh sugar ignore everything I said in that case!!!

Specially the pepsi max bit...I know myself thats a no go but I'm not feeling to great so thats my excuse.

Sorry for bad advice :(

I thought you ~could~ have pepsi max?? Am I wrong there????

:confused:

I thought you ~could~ have pepsi max?? Am I wrong there????

:confused:

I'm not 100% I'm doubting myself now lol. Going to have to investigate I think. I blimmin' hope so I LOVE Pepsi Max!!!!

ive heard before that pepsi max is a no no, was wondering about dr pepper zero, doesnt have citric acid but doesnt have malic acid either, some other kind, if anyone finds out please let me know :D i love dr pep

It's always best just to stick to water, ladies.

Fizzy drinks can kick off massive cravings (I know, I'm having one RIGHT NOW!!!) plus even malic acid can knock some people out of ketosis.

xxx

Back