Diet drinks

Jobuck

Can we have diet drinks on sole source after 2 weeks ?. I seem to remember something about it but not sure if I have just made that up . Maybe confusing it with another diet x

I think the general rule is a no- no as the sweeteners supposedly take you out of ketosis but since day one I've always had a Pepsi max and I've still managed to shift 9 stone but I'd say leave the drinks out for a few weeks or so until you're in ketosis to be on the safe side! :D

Ok that's great thanks been doing it two and half weeks might try the water flavourings first see how I go .

Have you tried sparkling water? I used to hate it but since I've started on CD I've been through gallons of the stuff

It's not about sweeteners or fizz. It's the citric acid in most diet drinks that can stop you from getting into ketosis and have the potential to make you feel hungry. Many moons ago coke zero was allowed in limited quantities but this was subsequently stopped being recommended.

I have coke zero every few days - no citric acid and I'm afraid I can't give it up... I used to tank a 2L bottle of diet coke every day so this is my compromise!!

Back