Diet fatigue...arrrrrgh

lilah_81

This is me just venting really, so apologies in advance!!!

6 weeks done, 17lbs down, all going to plan and yet... I am so, so, BORED of this darn diet! My aim is 20 weeks and so there's a way to go yet, and it's not like I can't eat any of the packs - I forced myself to get used to every one (EVEN the tomato) - so I have as much variety as possible.

I've just hit a point when the first enthusiasm & novelty has worn off and it's become frustrating and tedious. I'm not craving any particular food, just really missing preparing & cooking it... and flavour. Oh my word I miss flavour.

One thing that can be said is that this diet has made me really appreciate food again; proper, non-procesed, home cooked, flavoursome food. My cravings for sugar and junk disappeared the moment the remnants were out my system - I have no desire to snack, just make & enjoy good meals. And the 14 week wait till I can do that is feeling like a lifetime!

Vent over. If anyone else has experienced/is experiencing this (and got over it? :) *hopeful face*) then pleeeease chip in!

Lilah
x

I think with any VLCD you are bound to get diet fatigue - especially in winter, well I find it worse in winter anyway.

Have you tried setting yourself mini goals to keep you going or when I reach this many weeks I will...blah, blah, blah. I set myself little goals in 4 to 6 weeks increminent and use the bribing myself method - in the past its been a body wrap (universal contouring one) or a back massage or something small like new makeup or a pair of shoes?

Thanks, that's a really good idea - I could do with a haircut so might save that for the ten week mark! :)

Might also give myself a break and switch to working solution for the odd day in December, esp xmas & new year; I think part of the fatigue is feeling miserable about the social season.

Universal contouring wrap for Jan/Feb maybe, sounds ace ;)

Lilah x

Back