Diet Starts Monday

Bethuk1

Okay, so where to start….I started my "Cambridge Diet (CD) journey) in early 2011 knowing that I had just 3 months to get myself down to at least my original weight after leaving work in Sept 2010 to have my first child. I had that huge motivation of the first day back to work and having everyone wondering if I'd managed to shift those pounds I'd spent 9 months gaining with a constant supply of hugely fattening treats that I deserved simply for being pregnant!.

Now my original weight was still quite a hefty 15 stone which for someone who's 5.4ft is a heavy load to carry and didn't I know it! I spent so many days out crying simply because my back just couldn't hold out anymore, it was so embarrassing!

Anyway, I did make it back to work lighter, at just a smidgen over 13 stone!!. Although I had the heartache of leaving my 6 month old son at home I had the balance of everyone just in awe of my transformation since they'd last saw me, this made me feel on top of the world. There is a girl who I work with who always boasts about her latest "diet" and how amazingly she's doing although she never seems to loose any weight. I would watch her gorge on chocolate/crisps and cakes throughout the day and almost feel repulsed that she could eat all that rubbish, I felt so superior because I could refuse it all. I would even test it by making cakes for all my colleagues and not even tasting a crumb!

and now?

I can't even find that person anymore, that strong unwavering woman that made me turn down everything apart from water and my shakes. Flash me a bar of chocolate or a cake and I'm all yours.

I fight with myself daily, the devil on my shoulder tells me that I don't need to go on such a restrictive diet, that I can do just as well by just eating a healthy balanced diet and exercising…or that it doesn't really matter if I eat all this rubbish because I can just go back on the Cambridge Diet Monday and fix it all.

I have been trapped in a 3 month "It's okay, I'll just start back on CD after this {insert fatty food}" but my attempts have been appalling and never lasted much past 4pm.

I really can't do this to myself anymore, being fat is suffocating every aspect of me.

I won't mind if it's just me whinging on this thread, I just need to get all this nonsense out of my head!

I've been back in touch with my CDC and I hoping to restart OFFICIALLY in a week (once I've got through all my backlog of shakes I built up from earlier in the year!!) :D:D:D:D:D

Here's to finally getting down to 10 stone!!! :)

B

hi

i'm back for the xxxxx number of times. i'm just such a fat greedy pig that i do exactly what you are describing above. i've been off cd for 5 weeks i think and in that time i've put on 1 stone. i struggled to maintain after an early holiday in may where i put on weight and then i decided to go it alone as i was struggling and i was going on holiday in 2 weeks time. well now it's 2 weeks after my all inclusive week away and for 2 weeks i've been really good on the cd shakes i had left then it came to weekends and i blew all my hard work on booze and nibbles. i can't do this alone so i'm seeing my cdc again, feeling guilty and hanging my head in shame at how hopeless i have become. my willpower has evaporated and i'm desperately searching for it. having my cdc there i'm hoping is the linch pin to kicking my loss of motivation and willpower. the 'threat' of the weekly weigh in will keep me going. my clothes feel tight, i can really feel the weight and i look horrible in my gym gear so much so that for the past 2 weeks i've avoided the gym and ventured into my zumba gear to teach it knowing that i'm not on my best form for my participants.

tomorrow is my day of redemption where i bite the bullet and find out my weight and get motivated to look gorgeous and sexy for xmas. are you in it with me? :D

I could have written your statement about suffocating myself. I've never done cd before, am off to see the consultant tonight. Am looking forward to losing weight, scared of how hard it's going to be and hoping that it re educates me with my food. Would love to walk the journey with you both. I have about 5-5.5 stone to go x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What is it about the booze and that willpower?? EVERYTIME I fall off the wagon and give in to my very own pity party, it starts off with the little glass of red wine!! This weekend was NO exception... so I have to wonder if I shouldn't address the drinking prob at the same time! (mind you - I've started having the odd glass here and there when I started CD and was off food!!) Get rid of one addiction and another one comes right back to fill the space! geesh!

hi

i'm back for the xxxxx number of times. i'm just such a fat greedy pig that i do exactly what you are describing above. i've been off cd for 5 weeks i think and in that time i've put on 1 stone. i struggled to maintain after an early holiday in may where i put on weight and then i decided to go it alone as i was struggling and i was going on holiday in 2 weeks time. well now it's 2 weeks after my all inclusive week away and for 2 weeks i've been really good on the cd shakes i had left then it came to weekends and i blew all my hard work on booze and nibbles. i can't do this alone so i'm seeing my cdc again, feeling guilty and hanging my head in shame at how hopeless i have become. my willpower has evaporated and i'm desperately searching for it. having my cdc there i'm hoping is the linch pin to kicking my loss of motivation and willpower. the 'threat' of the weekly weigh in will keep me going. my clothes feel tight, i can really feel the weight and i look horrible in my gym gear so much so that for the past 2 weeks i've avoided the gym and ventured into my zumba gear to teach it knowing that i'm not on my best form for my participants.

tomorrow is my day of redemption where i bite the bullet and find out my weight and get motivated to look gorgeous and sexy for xmas. are you in it with me? :D

What is it about the booze and that willpower?? EVERYTIME I fall off the wagon and give in to my very own pity party, it starts off with the little glass of red wine!! This weekend was NO exception... so I have to wonder if I shouldn't address the drinking prob at the same time! (mind you - I've started having the odd glass here and there when I started CD and was off food!!) Get rid of one addiction and another one comes right back to fill the space! geesh!
interesting - i think one of my things about CD is it's forced me to take a break from booze. i've had no withdrawl - i'm not an alcoholic, but i did get disasterdrunk whenever i went out. which was often.

I miss drinking, being drunk... but it's a relief to know i can't even have one glass.

Thanks all, heard back from my CDC today and I'm all booked in to start again next week! Currently building myself back up to starvation again. It's so blinking difficult when you know what's coming..notedly feeling thoroughly miserable and literally in pain for a week until your body accepts food just isnt coming. I really wish I'd just kept going all the way to goal! I could be there already but onwards and upwards! I managed to avoid all treats and food up until about an hour ago post gym blowout but at least it was salad! Not perfect but it's a start! I'm hoping to be perfect tomorrow, especially as I clocked a dress in my little sisters wardrobe this morning while dropping my son off at my mums..I can't wait to be a 12 so I can pinch it! ;) we have a cake sale in work this Thursday for Macmillan! Considering I'm organising and manning the stall I'll need to hold on to every ounce of willpower I have!! God help me :p

hiya. salad isn't bad but i would go for protein as it will fill you and doesn't contain any carbs. a small tin of tuna in water, piece of chicken, an egg, like more of an ss+meal if totally necessary. i did a zumba session today, participated, i love not having to think to just follow sometimes. then it was waterbabies with my little dude. tomorrow i'm teaching zumba gold to the golden oldies and a regular zumba class to my ladies which is more hardcore. wednesday i thought i might go for a run and deliver some leaflets to advertise my classes, thursday i thought i'd do a small gym session of body pump then i've got ZumbAtomic (kids zumba) and then my regular adults class. friday might do a run again just a short 3 miler and a run on sunday. not sure about saturday yet. it will kill the carbs quicker in my body if i exercise to burn them out of my system. i can be in ketosis by day 3 or 4, properly in ketosis.

Back