Diet vs Blood group?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by honey74, 11 July 2010 Social URL.

1. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My sister is very much into an holistic approach to life and she recently read a book that suggested that different blood groups are affected by different food groups. She is now eatings and leaving out foods based upon this and she believes she feels a great deal better.

Has anyone else done this or has any thoughts on it? Does it work or is it all nonsense?

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I have heard about this, though I can't really remember it. At the time, I thought it made sense, but right now, I'm on a budget and if eating carbohydrates isn't compatible with my blood group, then oh well, because potatoes are cheap as chips (excuse my pun)

It may be something I may look into in the future, but right now, I know that with SW I'm eating more healthily, and that, my friend, is a bloody good start :)

There are many different conflicting ideas on how to eat properly out there, but I think that enjoying food is quite important :)

4. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have had no experience of the holistic way, but have read about some of the foods they recommend and all of them are good sensible things to eat.

To be honest I feel out of my depth here and would love to know more.

If your sister is feeling well, it can only be good.

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Goodness !!! Some of his advice sounds positively dangerous.

Thanks once again for good advice Advisk!!

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have read that in some countries - Japan in particular - they think that your blood groups says a great deal about your character. People ask about your blood group on a first date!! And employers ask too. Magazines publish blood-type horoscopes (probably about as accurate as astrological ones!!). There is no scientific basis for any of it.

8. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    sounds like a load of b*88* to me !

9. Ceejay1969

Ceejay1969 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st12lb
    Current Weight:
    24st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work with a lady who follows this diet. She has lost weight but I am not suprised as she eats very little i.e a handfull of nuts and an apple for lunch. She does say she feels a lot better in herself. I could not follow this diet as it cuts lots of things out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.