Dietary Fibre?

lollycakes

I was putting my meal plan for tomorrow in to MyFitnessPal, and when I checked the over all carb amount, it said 20g carbs and 5g dietary fibre.

I know that on UK food labels, we don't subtract the fibre from the carb content because it's already done for us, but on the MFP app, would I count it as 20g or 15g?

I was putting my meal plan for tomorrow in to MyFitnessPal, and when I checked the over all carb amount, it said 20g carbs and 5g dietary fibre.

I know that on UK food labels, we don't subtract the fibre from the carb content because it's already done for us, but on the MFP app, would I count it as 20g or 15g?

Difficult one! I always use uk food on mfp so that I don't get confused. If you are sure it's from a uk label don't subtract the fibre :)

Ah, good advice! I try to choose as many UK label foods as possible, but for certain vegetables I look use the one that lists the serving size I've used (half a cucumber, half a small head of lettuce, 5 tomatoes, etc.) so I think I'll just go by the total carb count and ignore the dietary fibre completely. That way, if I aim for 30g of carbs a day, I'll either be on track or under, regardless of the fibre content. :)

Good plan - 30g and no subtracting will keep you nice & safe:)

Back