Dieting again, because I am weak...

lunar jim

Gold Member
Happy new year folks. First day back at work today, first day back for the kids so I chose today to be first day back on the diet :/

I lost a lot of weight over the course of 2009 and maintained it until October 2010 when it started to slide back on for one reason and another. Over Christmas I've put on a frankly incredible 17lbs!

So herw we go again. I want to lose 42 lbs and then take stock. I don't really have a target date for this, but the quicker the better really. Karate starts again on Sunday and I reckon I'm going to look a bit silly in my Gi the way I am at the moment?

WB, 17 pounds , i'm sure you will do it . are you doing slimfast ?

Hi there and thanks!!!

17lbs is the Christmas binge and I'm going to take that as my first milestone but 42lbs is where is it at. I know at that weight all the stuff in my wardrobe will fit me hehe!

Yes doing Slimfast. Had a strawberry shake for brekkie, quite like them actually.

think the strawberry one i liked too , with very cold water and ice .
no the weather i know , and by the time the weather changes you will be at goal .
i will swap you can have 85 to lose i'll take 42 lol

Got banana too, don't like the chocolate lol

we'll get there, its just steady away and no cheating hehe (easier said than done sometimes, as I know well...)

Good luck JMC!

Good luck im sure you can do it,,,, the caffe latte one is nice aswell,,, and i often mix diff flavours together so i dont get bored

Thanks LJ , Easier said than done , but got to be done .
how are you finding it mentally , they have biggest loser back on Monday night on itv maybe following that will help too .
Hi Kaz , how are you doing ? not seen u since b4 xmas

Hiya MsJMC im doing pretty good feeling positive for the new year and less weight lol, did u have a good xmas and new year,,, i had a whale of a time and didnt do to much damage so cant complain lol

Thanks LJ , Easier said than done , but got to be done .
how are you finding it mentally , they have biggest loser back on Monday night on itv maybe following that will help too

Getting back into the swing now hopefully. Big problem for me is I don't tire easily so I tend to end up staying up late and then you're into dangerous snack time...

I'm a bit of a gamer :/ If I'm playing ROM (like World Of Warcraft but free) then I want to snack while I play which takes some getting over. But, and this probably bucks the trend a bit, I got an Xbox just before Christmas and if I'm on that with a controller in my hand then I don't tend to put it down and shovel in the chocolates?

Be easier if I could get to sleep of a night. Might be better when my OH is recovered from her op hehe

Yes, Gaming , we have xbox and PC's here , OH tends to play Call of duty and now black ops , he does not eat during he eats while watching TV lol
Have you thought about going for a late walk ?
Its hard I know .
Kaz , you did well to not gain over xmas . Yes had a good xmas and new year .... stressful as always ... Glad to see your giving it your all !
biggest loser start Monday night so can give you something to think about while reaching for the chocs after all LJ you've come a long way and you know your not going back down that road .

You don't look weak to me! You look like you're keeping yourself on the ball! :D I'm sure karate starting again and getting back on track will soon shift the lbs you gained, most of which will be water! :D I did karate till I fell pregnant with my latest baby, and loved it! Great for a good workout. :)

Keep up the great work and I look forward to saying well done on you kicking the gain into touch!

Happy new year folks. First day back at work today, first day back for the kids so I chose today to be first day back on the diet :/

I lost a lot of weight over the course of 2009 and maintained it until October 2010 when it started to slide back on for one reason and another. Over Christmas I've put on a frankly incredible 17lbs!

So herw we go again. I want to lose 42 lbs and then take stock. I don't really have a target date for this, but the quicker the better really. Karate starts again on Sunday and I reckon I'm going to look a bit silly in my Gi the way I am at the moment?

Good luck mate. I wondered how you were getting on, as you haven't been around for ages. I put on more than 17 pounds over xmas and 3 stone in total (have done this 10 times since starting CD in 2006) You'll be back to 15 stone for summer

Back