Dieting for disney

Hjanea46

Well after a year of planning and saving this morning I have booked wdw Florida for next August. It will be around 33 degrees and I am 4 stone overweight so to enjoy my holiday I am going to lose as much of my excess weight as I can by following SW at home. I've been a member before at meetings and so know roughly what to do and I know that if I stick to it it will work- its just the sticking to it bit I have a problem with! I'm afraid that I'm one of those people who if they go off track loses the plot completely. I'm hoping that by posting on here I will be able to keep myself in check.

So- the plan for today is milky coffee (heA), fruit for breakfast.
Dinner- ham salad with new potatoes and possibly bread but I may save that for supper.
Tea- not sure yet- going for a root in the freezer.

Breakfast and dinner as planned. Decided to have chicken and veg kebabs with rice for tea then thought DD wont want the veg so I had deconstructed nes- frylighted red onion, mushroom and red pepper and did the chicken chunks separately. Also had carrots and leeks. Both my meals have been at least half superfree vegetables.
Supper has been green tea and a Jaffa alpen light (heB).
Syns- extra light salad cream-2 and I like to have a thorntons truffle at night which I count 3 for though they are possibly more!! So 5 syns today as I'm going out for breakfast with friends. I normally have the all day one but tomorrow I'm determined to have the smaller traditional one which 15 syns should cover.

Good luck on your journey! I'm taking my little boy to Disneyland Paris in December for his birthday so want to be in much smaller clothes by then!
xx

I'm going to Florida in Aug too, I don't even think I'll fit on the rides at the size I am atm., so I'm slimming for Disney too :)

Hi Chewycats and Jhsax!!! Looks like you are both doing well.

I managed to have the smaller breakfast out today and the bacon was lovely and lean and I managed to not put the butter on my wholemeal toast so I'm really chuffed with myself so far. will post the full day later as I don't want to 'count my chickens' just yet.

Fri 22nd April.
A- 40g lf cheese
B-1 medium wm toast

B-breakfast out-lean back bacon, egg, sausage, 2 hash browns, beans, tomato, mushroom, toast. This was less greasy than it sometimes is - going to estimate (hopefully over) 15.
S-banana.
T-jacket potato, tuna, cheese, big salad-leaves, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, celery, onion, mayo, salad cream
-both extra light.
S-green tea, chocolate truffle.

Syns-breakfast-15, potato-1, mayo-1, salad cream-2, truffle-3. Total for today-22.
Total for week so far-27/30.

Pleased with myself today and only been particularly hungry when I had the banana at 3pm ish so I didn't have anything naughty and I've not had too many carbs which I have a problem with.

Sat 23rd.
Breakfast- hot water with lemon juice (saving my usual milky coffe for a different heA later) Apple.
Plan for dinner is ham, rice and apple salad.
Plan for tea is cheesy stuffed chicken breast wrapped in lean bacon and hasselback new potatoes with lots of veggies.
Not sure where my B is going to fit in yet- will see if/when I get peckish.

Dinner- mahoosive salad of leaves, rice, ham, apple, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, onion, salad cream.
Tea- chicken breast stuffed with low fat soft cheese, garlic, low fat cheese, wrapped in lean bacon, with hasselback potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, leeks, broccoli, sprouts.
Supper- alpen light crushed up mixed with quark, vanilla extract and strawberries.

Syns-salad cream-3, bedtime chocolate-3. Total 6. Weekly 33/45.

Sunday 24th
A- 350 skimmed milk.
B- alpen light.

B- coffee.
Dinner- hm burgers big salad, mayo.
T- hm shepherds pie topped with ff cheese, vegetables, ff yogurt.
S- chocolate truffle, alpen light.

Syns- mayo-1, choc-3, cheese-11 at the very most- probably less but it wasn't measured on the pie as had parents for tea after collecting them at the airport.
Total 15. Weekly-48/60.

Quite pleased that I'm not struggling or being too tempted by the naughties so far. Hope it lasts.

What a great reason to get motivated for a diet :) All the best of luck to you

Thanks Blowfish.

Mon 25th
A- cheese
B- not sure yet.

B- lemon hot water so far. Will have some fruit and yogurt in a bit.
D- plan LO shepherds pie with veg.
T- not sure yet- possibly tuna salad.

I have lots of things to take to the tip today- possibly 2 trips worth so that'll be a bit of body magic today.
Back later.

Edited at 1950.
T-hm burgers, frylighted red onion and mushroom, salad(lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber), wedges sprinkled with chip seasoning-yummy, hm coleslaw. 3 tbsp. mayo.
There was so much superfree that I had to put the wedges on a sideplate!
Not had B yet- will have a Jaffa alpen light I think and my choc truffle at bed time.

Syns- mayo-1.5, choc-3. Total 4.5. Weekly 52.5/75.

Can't believe I've actually stuck to plan for 5 days!!
Working at the weekend and recently my 'treat' for working the weekend has been Tesco tuna mayo sandwiches- 2 packs each day plus a mulit pack of hula hoops and some chocolate. I must not do that this weekend. I'm going to have a think about what I could take and not feel hard done by and I'll have to not take any money with me!

Last edited:
Tues 26th.
A- 350mls skimmed milk.
B- 1 alpen light.

Breakfast- milky coffee, melon, alpen light.
Dinner- fryup- v. lean back bacon, 2 eggs, potato cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans all fried with frylight- well apart from the beans!!
Tea- tagliatelle with hm tomato sauce, onions, mushrooms and yellow pepper with a large salad of lettuce, celery, grated carrot and cucumber. 4 syns of l f cheese. Big plateful but the salad took up half of it.
Supper- chocolate truffle.
Syns- tiny milk in a mug of tea-0.5, cheese-4, truffle-3. Total 7.5. Weekly-60/90.
Feeling good that I'm sticking to plan. Didn't even have the wotsit offered me by ds this afternoon.

Weds 27th.
A- milk
B-alpen light.

B-hot water with lemon, clementine, alpen light.
D-ham and egg salad, salad cream.
T- diet coke chicken including onion, mushrooms and red pepper. With rice, carrots, leeks and broccoli.
S- milky coffee, sugar free jelly, choc truffle.
Syns- salad cream-2, 5 soft wotsits that ds left-1, choc truffle-3. Total-6. Weekly total 66/105.
A whole 7 days on plan!!! Hope I can stick to it for the next 7 days!
Cooked a big pan of chilli and a big pan of chicken and veg curry so I'll be taking some of that for my lunches over the weekend.
I've had a few hunger pangs but have been able to alleviate them with a drink and some fruit and haven't felt that I have 'missed out' on anything.

I've lost 4lbs!!! Really chuffed as although I've stuck to plan I've had massive meals!
Roll on week 2!

Well done :) You will definitely be lighter and feel better for your holiday in August if you carry on the way you are :) 4lbs is great, bet you feel fantastic!

Thanks Erniie, yes I do.
I've eaten loads today- though each big plateful has been more than half superfree.

A- low fat cheese
B- alpen light.

B- hot water and lemon, apple.
D- jacket potato, cheese, chilli, enormous salad- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, onion. Most of an activia ff yogurt.
T- Lean pork steaks in gravy, oxo roast potatoes, roasted carrots and bns, peas, cabbage, leeks, broccoli, 2 small Yorkshire puddings.
S- should be the alpen bar but I'm stuffed from tea. May just have my choc truffle.
Syns- gravy-4, yorkies-5, choc-3. Total 12/15.

Fri 29th.
Back at work today after almost 3 weeks off- had a lovely day!
A- l f cheese
B-alpen light

B- hot water with lemon. Took plenty to work to eat at break but didn't get a break so I was starving by our very late lunch!!
D-ham and egg salad with some baby potatoes and salad cream.
T- potato wedges covered with cheese- heB and an extra 4 syns worth with lots of chilli on top and a massive salad.
S- alpen light, choc truffle.
Syns- salad cream-2, cheese- 4, choc-3. Total 9. Weekly 21/30.

Working all weekend so I have chicken curry and rice with salad prepared and taking lots of fruit. Tea at mums so most of my syns will be on that. I MUST resist the pork crackling!!!!

Saturday 30th April.
Working today and had to set off at 7.25 before the roads shut for the cycle race.
A- cheese
B- alpen light.
Breakfast- hot water and lemon.
D- sw chicken curry- chicken, onion, potato, seewt potato, bns, tomatoes, with rice and salad. Resisted the flapjacks that a collegue had brought!!
T- roast pork, frylighted roast potatoes (less than I usually have), sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, gravy. meringue nest, sweetened quark, strawberries.
S-alpen light. Choc truffle.
Syns-gravy-4, sauce-5, meringue2.5 I think, choc-3. Total 14.5. Weekly 35.5/45.
So pleased with myself for resisting the crackling!!

Mon 1st May.
I was naughty this morning and got on the scales- 13 10.5- that's 6lb off so far. Mustn't get on the scales again until the end of the week. I'm planning on Fridays to be my regular WI day.
A- milk.
B-alpen light.

B- hot water and lemon.
S- boiled egg, large clementine.
D- sw chicken and veg curry with rice and salad.
T- roast pork, frylighted roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots,broccoli, red cabbage, gravy. I'd saved syns and A choice for cauli cheese but there was none at mums so I had a tiny slice of cake for pudding!!
S- milky coffee. Choc truffle.
Syns- gravy-4, cake-5, choc-3. Total 12. Weekly 47.5/60.

Back