Dieting while breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by shrinkingannie, 4 January 2009 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    What diet is appropriate while breastfeeding. I am bridesmaid approx 4 weeks after the baby is born and in that time I would like to lose about a stone. I have gained 10lbs so far which I am happy about and even if I gain another stone I dont mind. I am hoping to lose about one stone giving birth and another in the following 4 weeks - is this acievable. Now obviously my babies nutrition is the most important thing so I will be eating lots of healthy food but can I still lose weight and feed my baby?? Thanks for your help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Slimming world adapts the plan to incorporate more calcium so you and your baby get the right nutrients whilst losing weight. I believe Weight watchers do this too

4. juliaaq

juliaaq New Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st10lb(-6.67%)
    keep eating .....

Hi I reckon Slimming World or similar is the way to go eat loads and loads of fresh fruit and vegetables lots of soups etc drink plenty of herbal teas and water and no empty calories- no poor quality carbs no pasta not too much wheat. When I had my first baby (he is just two) I made the mistake of not eating enough and my milk production was massively affected which had the knock on effect of making me even more tired as my son just needed feeding much more often due to my breast milk being like skimmed milk. If you can doing some light weight training every day it makes a massive difference if you can put on a few pounds of muscle it really c changes your shape quickly in the first few weeks post baby. I have been doing some weights (-using my baby some of the time where safe) and Breastfeeding with number two who is now 13 weeks is going very well, am 12 pounds more than pre pregnancy but getting there slowly. Good luck and all the best Julia x

5. onthink

onthink New Member

I think health is most important during that special period. Eat more vegetable and practise more.

6. RachieRoo

RachieRoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    Fab advice julia, i was the same when breast feeding, you do tend to eat on the run so easy healthyish options - cheese, fruit veg wholegrains, oats etc and loads of water are a good idea, try to bypass the takeaways/choc and crisps and you'll find the babyweight will drop off you! Good Luck! x

7. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Thanks ladies - well looks like ill be a planned section in about 5 weeks and I have gained nearly 2 stone altogether. Your advice is excellent im thinking ill eat whatever I fancy but no junk and no refined carbs and loads of fruit and veg. I have been working out during pregnancy with a DVD so will continue it when I can and some light weights

8. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey hun - congrats on the baby btw. I ate a Slimming World style diet while pregnant - so lots of fruit and veg and lean meat etc but still managed to gain 31lbs! I lost 16lbs giving birth and started on Slimming World straight away and lost 15lbs the following week, 5lb in week 2, and 2lb in week 3! I'm not saying you'll have the same losses but thought i'd share my experience.
    Good luck with the baby - hope everything goes well. x

9. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Wow that's great progress! Well done

10. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

My GP said that Slimfast was fine, just to make sure i made it up tp 1500kcal. and i had a preemie and god expressing was a nightmare.

Ivy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.