Dietninja's 90 day SSS plan

Need a dream :) and this is going to be my third marathon but the first that I don't need to use the training to lose weight...because I WILL be at my target weight before then!

Day 14 cycle 2

Despite my very reluctant start I'm actually really enjoying cycle 2. Loving all the carbs and the weight training is definitely growing on me. Except the lunges. I HATE the 200 lunges on leg day with a passion, but I think I got it right by getting leg day over with as my first workout of the week...now I don't spend the week dreading it :)

Fasted workout:
10 mins spin HIIT
100 barbell squats (23kg)
10 min spin HIIT
200 lunges with 3kg dumbells (100 on each leg)

Post workout protein shake (peanut butter & choc with 20g honey)

B - protein oats

L - creamy peri peri chicken with pasta & broccoli

T - creamy peri peri chicken with pasta & broccoli

S1 tbc

S2 tbc

200 lunches ....holy sh*t !!!

Overslept this morning so no AM workout. Managed to get it done this evening though...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429647065.349111.jpg

Day 15 cycle 2....shocked that I made it this far :)

As I overslept everything was a bit off kilter...ended up having a low carb breakfast on a carb day, no AM workout, no veg at lunch etc, but I've pulled it back now...phew!

B - lizis granola, yoghurt & raspberries

L - sweet chilli chicken with rice, mushrooms and onion (but no green veg...shocker!)

Post exercise - peanut butter shake with 20g manuka honey

T - chicken in a tomato, red pepper, courgette and onion sauce with pasta and a mountain of green beans to make up for lunchtime

S1&2 - 4 rice cakes & cottage cheese

Day 16 cycle 2

Rest day - low carb

B - Lizis granola, yoghurt, 1/2 scoop protein shake

L - tuna fish cakes, cottage cheese, avocado, green beans

T - salmon fillets, broccoli, cottage cheese, avocado

S1 - 24g nuts

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429727667.303411.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429727692.039409.jpg

I'm going for a run tomorrow night, first proper run in months (not including HIIT), and I'm a bit nervous. Wish I was going on my own...feeling a bit pressured as the person I'm going with is fast!
She knows I'm slow but I'm hoping the HIIT would have helped a bit!!

I'm going for a run tomorrow night, first proper run in months (not including HIIT), and I'm a bit nervous. Wish I was going on my own...feeling a bit pressured as the person I'm going with is fast!
She knows I'm slow but I'm hoping the HIIT would have helped a bit!!

Go out your own pace -:D she should understand. X

Go out your own pace -:D she should understand. X

It was fine...I'm fitter, she went slower, all was well :)

It was great because I'm a slow runner but last time I went for a "proper" run (ie not HIIT) was in jan and I was ridiculously slow... I barely managed 3 miles at an 11.30 pace. Today we did four miles at a 10.20 pace and it included a bit of cross country which is always slower!

So I'm v pleased :)

Day 17 cycle 2

Did my pre breakfast workout and it ran late so breakfast was a bit of a winging-it mish mash...

Post workout shake + 1/2 banana

B - sausage sandwich with sweet chilli sauce and cottage cheese

L - chicken in veg sauce with rice

Post workout shake

T - chicken in veg sauce with boiled potatoes and a side bowl of greens to make up for not having any at lunch

S - 4 rice cakes and cottage cheese

Day 18....it's Friday xx

Rest day...but went for a run as I knew I was going out for dinner and it was great! I felt great in the third mile and my splits were 10.59, 10.15, 9.40 :) given that I was running 11.30ish pace in Jan and haven't done any running beyond HIIT sprints once or twice a week ... super impressed with the fitness gains with HIIT and will be definitely be maintaining the regime!

B - Lizis granola, yoghurt (forgot protein shake!)

L - homemade tuna fish cakes, avocado, cottage cheese

Ex: 3.2 mile run in 33.49 (av pace 10.28, splits 10.50, 10.15, 9.40)

Post ex: forgot protein shake so had a small latte from Costa instead (!)

D - out at a lovely modern Indian restaurant, had a pomegranate martini and a vodka and soda to drink, poppadoms to start, chicken masala with rice and a side of aubergine and spinach....lush!
Not on plan but enjoyed it loads!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429917803.713264.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429917830.888628.jpg

Look at the difference between these two runs!

Run 1 is pre HIIT training / 90 day SSS plan, run 2 was yesterday!ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429935930.577029.jpg

Well done. I'm going to do my HIIT treadmill TGS key more often!!

Day 19 cycle 2

Mixed up day...not entirely on plan but not bad either. Back on track tomorrow :)

Exercise (fasted) - shoulders day & spin HIIT, struggled to get my HR up, think I was tired and left it too late to exercise without breakfast.

Post workout: protein shake & honey

B - protein porridge, yoghurt & raspberries

L - (v late...5pm!) huge Nandos....avocado & green bean salad, 2 chicken breasts, sweet potato wedges

T - 4 rice cakes & cottage cheese, quest bar (s'mores flavour)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1429996081.766667.jpg

Hi Kate, welcome!

I have a garmin forerunner as I used to run quite a bit.

I love it but they're quite expensive if you're not a runner, and there's a lot more on the market now.

Are you enjoying cycle 1?

Back