Dietninja's 90 day SSS plan

Forgot to write yesterday so here it is:

B - lizis granola and yoghurt, cafe latte protein shake

L - feta hash made into muffins and a great big salad with olive oil & lemon dressing (and 50g olives...one of my snacks)

T - chicken Thai green curry with broccoli and asparagus

S - walnuts & macadamia nuts

Last night was the first night I've had cravings...I really wanted sugar but had some nuts and went to bed instead.

Lunch ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1430157276.802574.jpg

Day 21 cycle 2...Monday 27th April

Ex: leg day (see piccie)

Post workout: protein shake with strawberries & honey

B - protein oats

L - chicken Thai green curry with brown basmati rice

T - the worlds yummiest bagel...onion & chive bagel topped with fried onions and chicken sausages. Served with green beans and broccoli

S1 & sides - 4 rice cakes & cottage cheese
S2 - protein shake (warm)

I'm really tired and grumpy today...curled up in bed with a good book at 7pm!!! Am bloated too. Not sure what's going on but I don't feel great :(

Last edited:
Day 22...into the final official week of C2 :) :) :)

For the first time, my legs ache the day after leg day! Not sure why as I did the same as I usually do but I'm pleased...I don't feel it's working unless I ache!

Ex: chest & back day (see below)

Post workout - protein shake & honey

B - protein oats

L - Thai chicken curry & rice

T - chicken sausage bagel with mushrooms, courgette & kale

S - quest bar (peanut butter & jam)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1430256478.081345.jpg

How long does that workout take ninja?

Are you seeing a big difference in your clothes now?
Xx

Surprisingly I am really enjoying it!

This morning I was the first in the line waiting for the gym to open and I can feel myself able to go a little bit harder every day. The thing I don't like is the hours of food prep but I think i will get into the swing of things! How long before you started to feel a difference in your clothes etc? I was an IDIOT and I got on the scales and not much has been going on... I've not dived into the biscuits tho because I know it takes time... I just have no patience! haha

Do you do your HIITs at home or at the gym?

Have a lovely day :)

How long does that workout take ninja?

Are you seeing a big difference in your clothes now?
Xx

Hi blondcat

Most of the workouts take about 45 mins but the leg one takes about 55 mins. I hate them when I'm doing them but love them after!

I'm struggling with clothes...in a good way! I bought some trousers that didn't quite fit (too tight) before I started and got into them fairly quickly. But now they're too baggy for work, but the next size down are a bit too tight!!! Grrr! I don't want to buy any more as it'll be a waste of money.

Still measurements next week then I'll know what's what :)

Surprisingly I am really enjoying it!

This morning I was the first in the line waiting for the gym to open and I can feel myself able to go a little bit harder every day. The thing I don't like is the hours of food prep but I think i will get into the swing of things! How long before you started to feel a difference in your clothes etc? I was an IDIOT and I got on the scales and not much has been going on... I've not dived into the biscuits tho because I know it takes time... I just have no patience! haha

Do you do your HIITs at home or at the gym?

Have a lovely day :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

I'm rubbish at the food prep - all I do is plan for the week, shop and then cook as I go along.

I workout at home... Single parent and don't want to pay for babysitting when I go to the gym.

Day 23 - cycle 2 rest day

B - granola and yoghurt (forgot the shake but will have it later with the fruit as a snack)

L - tuna fish cakes with avocado & cottage cheese

T - salmon fillet with kale & asparagus

S1 - protein shake with strawberries
S2 - 24g macadamia nuts

Day 24...bicep & tricep day!

Split exercise again as I wanted to run with a friend in the afternoon. I did some HIIT abs in the morning but it didn't raise my HR enough to be classed as proper HIIT!

Ex: warm up, 5 min abs, 100 x hammer curls, 5 mm abs, 100 x tricep skullcrushers

B - porridge, protein shake & greek yoghurt

L - Thai chicken curry, rice

Ex: 4 mile run

Post workout shake with a tsp sugar as I didn't have any honey

T - spag bol with broccoli

S - 4 rice cakes & cottage cheese

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1430424526.774360.jpg

Day 25....fri 1st may

Rest day

B - lizis granola, yoghurt

L - tuna fish cakes, cottage cheese, rockets, nuts

T - salmon, roast veg, broccoli topped with a sprinkle of feta and an egg

S - hot protein shake (left over from breakfast)

S - 4 rice cakes...illegal on a low carb day but hey ho!

Felt v cravy / snackish after tea but then realised that I'd left out stuff during the day...like protein shake and snacks. Felt much better after adding those in.

Day 26, cycle 2

At least I know why I felt crave-y last night...my period started today. Glad I withheld :)
Got a good long HIIT session in this morning, even though I did do weights after which you're not supposed to do.

AM - 1.25 mile jog, 13 x 40s hill sprints, 1.25 mile jog
100 x shoulder presses (6kg)
100 x lateral raises (3kg)

Post workout shake & honey

B - chicken sausages, fried onions & courgettes, bagel

L - bolognese on rice with broccoli

T - Nandos for a treat...1.5 chicken breast in pitta with ratatouille and salad on the side

S1 - cookie dough quest bar

Cycle 2 rest day

We went to Warner bros studios today, had a fab time but I knew it was going to be a long trip so I decided I was going to allow myself an evening off plan, but carefully packed up feta hash made into muffins for lunch so I didn't have two meals out.

Ended up eating at the services for tea and I didn't feel like cheating so I carefully selected a subway salad with chicken and a bagel. It was only after I'd eaten it that i remembered I was on a low carb rest day! Doh! Best of intentions....lol. And worst of all, I would have rather eaten low carb!!!

B - granola & yoghurt

L - feta hash muffins, broccoli & green beans

T - bagel with LF cream cheese, subway salad with chicken, no dressing, small full fat latte to replace my missing snacks

Okay so this surprised me as much as anyone, but I need a break from this plan!!!

I love some aspects but the last few days I've been fighting the urge to binge, big time. And today I did. Not majorly, but enough that I feel rubbish and can't wait to get back on track.

Part of the reason I've been feeling like this is because I'm tired and it's totm. But part of it was a rebellion against the plan.

Don't get me wrong, I've done well on this plan and it's taught me so much. But I need a break. It's the end of cycle 2 in a couple of days time so I'm going to send in my measurements and do my own thing for 2 weeks. And then return to complete.

When I say do my own thing, it's heavily heavily influenced by the plan, but I'm cutting some of the stuff I am currently struggling with.

So, here's what I'm keeping for 2 weeks...

1. The planning aspect - still gonna preplan meals and workouts for the week
2. The post workout protein shake with honey...this is not only v enjoyable but I'm sure plays a big part in my recovery and reducing hunger.
3. Complex carbs after exercise...again, makes sense and easy to stick to. If I want a treat, I do some exercise
4. HIIT - love/hate HIIT, but it definitely works.
5. Body part themed days....leg day, chest day, shoulders day and arms day stays. Although I may change the moves!
6. 3 meals, and a snack in the eve. Every day.
7. Lots of veg
8. And lots of water!

And what I'm losing...

1. 200 lunges on leg day!!! Or rather, I'm not counting for the next two weeks. I'm going to replace leg GVT with leg based HIIT for 2 weeks....squat jumps, lunge jumps, box jumps and possibly tuck jumps if I'm feeling brave!
2. Carbs all day on training days...it makes be bloated and craving
3. Rigidly sticking to the plan. I'm tired of trying to fit odd things into my meals because I "need" to add them.

So I'm giving this two weeks, see how I do, and then back to cycle 3. :)

I understand what you mean with the Love/hate HIIT thing... yesterday i HATED it so so much. Tomorrow at 6am doesnt look good either ;)

I think the whole point of the plan after cycle 2 is sustain.. I think a change is as good as a rest sometimes... and you seem to have really thought about it.

You go girl :)

Thank you for the support, Kate. It isn't much of a change...almost a return to cycle 1 but I'm curious to see if this is sustainable long term without counting macros to the last gram.

I am going to finish the plan... Four weeks on cycle 3 isn't long...I just feel like I need a break to gear myself up :)

How are you doing? Do you have a diary anywhere?

Back