Dietninja's 90 day SSS plan

All ok, thank god!

She decided to balance on the headboard of her bed then fall off! Wally! So a bit of drama and a v late night but alls well. And once again I am thankful that I live in the UK and whatever people say about the NHS we were dealt with courteously, professionally and for free.

A friend and I were having a discussion about diets. She is convinced that slimming world is the perfect diet but I don't like being penalised for eating healthy fats like olive oil and nuts but allowed to eat mugshots and muller lights freely.

Anyway, the upshot was that she reckons it all about choice and that I can eat my healthy fats etc within syns.

I love the idea of not counting calories but still having boundaries and being able to have a treat night if I like, so I agreed to try it for a week.

It's interesting because I did slimming world in November / Dec last year (and am still being weighed in there as I like the social time with my friend!) but had no idea about the syns of two of my favourite treats - avocado & pine nuts!!! But I can tell you all sorts of junk syns like cereal bars!

So the challenge is to eat unprocessed on slimming world for a week. The vast majority of syns need to go on healthy food with only couple of treats during the week (within syns) allowed!

Let's see how this pans out :)

Tues 24th Feb

Ex: very little...too tired after our nighttime jaunt to A&E...but 13500 steps

B - Skinny latte (A), banana

T - Spanish omelette, salad with 45g avocado (4.5) and 15g pine nuts (5)

Syns: 9.5

Should have had lunch but time got away with me! Better organised for tomorrow.

Weigh in: 12.9.5 (up 1.5lbs on two weeks ago but was expecting to gain more as I spent about a week of that eating junk, and a lot of it!)

Thank you :)

Found my salad spinner when tidying up so had a ginormous salad for tea. If I'd worked out the plan I would have used my hexb as oil for said salad as I haven't used it today. Noted for next time...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424813235.078889.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424813256.763146.jpg

Oh fab I will definitely be stalking you regarding slimming world. I really want to understand the plan better. :) I'm sure I could crack this way of eating if I was 100% focused on it. Your meal looks so nice too. :) Please keep posting. X

Oh fab I will definitely be stalking you regarding slimming world. I really want to understand the plan better. :) I'm sure I could crack this way of eating if I was 100% focused on it. Your meal looks so nice too. :) Please keep posting. X

What plan are you on now? Back to packs?

I am SO tired...I was awake from 3.30-5.30. Not sure why...grrr. I feel like a zombie today.

I got up to make baked oats for breakfast, measured out too much milk, took ages to find the oats, spilt the cinnamon and then realised I didn't have any eggs left!!!!

So fruit for breakfast, I think!

What plan are you on now? Back to packs?
Back on packs hun till I see bloody 12.13 I'm down a pound this morning so 7 lbs to go.... I'm telling myself by next weekend I will be happy again. I'm still having my personal training 3x a week I just need to focus on the healthy eating bit soon. X

Dietninja's Focus on Health (although a skinny butt would be great too!)

Wed 25th Feb

Ex: none :( just too tired. 12175 steps

B - smoked salmon, skinny latte (A)

S - banana

L - big salad with chicken, avocado (5), olive oil (B)

S - Apple

T - chicken in tomato sauce (made with butter - 5), on broccoli and green beans.

S - walnuts, 6 syns

Total syns: 16

Feel a bit bloated and a bit nibbly. Will wait and see if it passes...

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424894415.625802.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424894436.090501.jpg

Last edited:
Dietninja's Focus on Health (although a skinny butt would be great too!)

Thurs 26th Feb

Lack of prep and a very busy day so it all went a bit weird!

Ex: none - working late

B - 2 liberte yogs with honey (1)

L - Spanish omelette & green beans

S - cashew nuts (B and 6), 2 x coffee with milk (a bit of an A!)

T - tomato chicken (4) & green beans

S - Apple and cheddar (rest of A)

Last edited:
I'm actually doing really well (shock!!!) it's partly the plan...now that I have an allowance for junk I don't seem to want it so much! I'm also eating more which is making me less hungry in the evening, and I'm being careful to prep well (most days!) so I'm not eating rubbish on the run.

But I am heading towards the trickiest part of the week...by Friday I'm knackered and have run out of prepped food, and I'm eating out a lot this weekend! So I'm going to not follow slimming world for Saturday as it's just too complicated to try and work out restaurant dinners, but I will make healthy choices.

How are you getting on?

Hi blondcat! I'm chugging along here happily! Had a slightly debauched weekend but it was a lot of fun! How are you?

I've switched plans! Again! But I'm very happy with my choice at the moment (although it's going to take a bit of organising!!!)

I'm doing Joe Wicks (aka the body coach) 90 day SSS plan.

I decided to make today my first day, even though it's tricky because I was away all weekend so couldn't prep, so I'm having lots of duplicate meals at the moment!

The idea is you have three meals and two snacks a day, do HIIT training and can only have carbs after a workout. There's a long list of optional supplements - I'm having them, in for a penny and all that! Two main issues for me were drinking enough water (I made it to two litres but am supposed to drink 3), and timing...I couldn't get lunch til 4pm so felt like I've been eating nonstop ever since. I also mistimed my post workout supplements (you're supposed to have them within 15 mins but mine were 40 mins after. Don't suppose it'll kill me, but still things to improve on!

Fortunately I was too busy to miss coffee (as now only allowed one cup per day!).

A few other mistakes - I didn't buy low fat cottage cheese, I didn't buy enough mozzerella (so topped it up with cheddar - but a smaller amount as its higher in fat), and I bought sliced ham instead of sliced turkey by mistake. Hopefully none of these things will affect my weight loss!!

Back