Different Calorie burn on different treadmills

Hider28

Hi All,

I have been using a treadmill to work out on for a while now, always managing to burn around 240-280 calories in 20/30 minutes.

Went on a different treadmill this morning - same workout, same amount of minutes but burnt 120?

Not sure what can be different as both treadmills dont measure weight.

Anyone have any ideas? or is it really that ropey?!

240-280 sounds about right to me. I do 15 mins uphill walk/running and usually burn off between 200 and 230.

Are you sure the settings were exactly the same, including the incline etc?

I would say the first treadmill is more accurate, out of the two. Remember, they are just estimates though!

Are you sure the settings were exactly the same, including the incline etc?

I would say the first treadmill is more accurate, out of the two. Remember, they are just estimates though!

i totally agree with this. the figures are just estimation. i think it is more important to reach the targeted heart beat for cardio work out suggested by the treadmill

i dont trust the calorie counts on there, i use a hrm instead. usually my hrm shows more than double the cals burned from thr machine does.

You burn around 100 calories for each mile you do, no matter how fast. Gradient will also have a pretty big effect. I wouldn't get too hung up on the number of calories to be honest.

Ah thanks all - much appreciated

will prob invest in a hrm then - so I can monitor.

I know you shouldnt get hung up on calories but I set myself target goals and it's a way of keeping me motivated so it's important to me!

Back