Different weights at different times?

shazzy_shaz

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

This might seem like a stupid question but... Despite been told not to weigh myself during the week I can't resist! I'm glad I have as I several times this week the scales showed me at 19:4 however I weighed myself tonight at 7 as my meeting with my CDC is at that time and they're reading at 19:8, but in the morning they said 19:2!

I'm worried she's going to think I'm cheating (I've stuck to SS for 20 days now!) and had the dreaded 2nd WI last week where I only lost 2lbs! I've taken a picture of the reading to prove I've lost some in the week! Also It's my TOTM on Friday and I normally whack on 5lbs or so! Could that affect it or is it just wishful thinking as I'm currently 5lbs off my first stone which for my size is worryingly slow progress in itself! :(

Anyone else experience different weights at different times of the day? or is it a myth and I should just accept that this is also going to be a yet another pants WI??

Last edited:
shazzy_shaz said:
Hello everyone!

This might seem like a stupid question but... Despite been told not to weigh myself during the week I can't resist! I'm glad I have as I several times this week the scales showed me at 19:4 however I weighed myself tonight at 7 as my meeting with my CDC is at that time and they're reading at 19:8, but in the morning they said 19:2!

I'm worried she's going to think I'm cheating (I've stuck to SS for 20 days now!) and had the dreaded 2nd WI last week where I only lost 2lbs! I've taken a picture of the reading to prove I've lost some in the week! Also It's my TOTM on Friday and I normally whack on 5lbs or so! Could that affect it or is it just wishful thinking as I'm currently 5lbs off my first stone which for my size is worryingly slow progress in itself! :(

Anyone else experience different weights at different times of the day? or is it a myth and I should just accept that this is also going to be a yet another pants WI??

Best advice is not to weigh yourself between official weigh ins as scales can and will be different, and your weight will naturally fluctuate during the day/week

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

My weight ALWAYS is different on my scales to my CDC's
hers are electric for a start & mine aren't.. also in the evening you tend to weigh more than in the mornings x

I don't weigh myself at all during the week and am weighed by my CDC on an evening. I usually make sure I don't have any water to drink an hour before she's due to arrive and go to the toilet before she comes too as that can make the scales read a couple of pounds heavier than I actually am just because I've had a big drink of water

I notice the increase in weight in the day too, but thats due to the water intake and shakes Ive consumed, plus the morning time we always weigh our lightest. TOTM will impact too, so tell your CDC as mine told me last time that I am to tel her as we will see a difference at that time. :)

This is so annoying as I seem to weigh a good few pounds less in the morning than I do in the evening! I know I shouldn't keep weighing myself but I see my CDC in the evenings so I'm usually at my heaviest? Is there anything we can do to change this? Thanks

I would change the time you see your CDC!! I never see mine in the evenings cause I weigh a good 4-8lbs heavier in the evenings (I do drink over 4 litres of water).

Everyone is lighter in the mornings....u have nothing in your stomach. All the water you drink on CD adds weight to u so of course we are all heavier on a night. This shouldn't be a problem if u STICK to weighing in only on a night, then the weights are comparable. Try and get out of the habit of weighing yourself loads, we fluctuate daily...and hourly!! Also, all scales can be slightly different you should only weigh in on one set of scales to avoid false hope or disappointment. I used to weigh myself 10 times a day and it became ridiculous so I chucked my scales out....best thing I ever did!
Good luck! X

Haha! That's what I was like last week I just couldn't stop myself from going on scales! But I think I've just about calmed myself down and it helps that I've lost 6lbs this week so I can relax and be confident that the plan is working! Needtobethin92 I've been drinking at least 4 litres as well this week!! And i think that's really helped things along to!!

Wow 6lbs is fab!! How long u been on the plan? I'm
Hoping for a big loss this week, ma
First week and will have been on it 10 days by the time I get weighed! X

This was my third weigh in so day 21 and I can't believe how fast it's gone! In my first week I lost 7, then last week 2 and then this week 6!! After last week I was so upset and thought about throwing in the towel but I'm so glad I didn't now as my CDC said most people have a pants 2nd WI for no reason!! (I thought yeah right! But now I believe her!) good luck for your first WI, when are you having it?

Saturday :) least it will encourage me
Not to
Drink the weekend :)
Keep it up your doing fab!! X

Well done snazzy - great start! I see cdc at 8.00pm and am 5lbs heavier than in the morning but I think of the 5lbs as the glycogen and water weight which I will put on at the end when I eat carbs so I am happy to use my weight on her scales.

Thank you guys! Definitely going to try and change to a morning if possible and also chuck these damn scales out because I'm sure I'm obsessed with them and it's so upsetting when you don't see a result you want but you also reminded me of course all these litres of water will add weight! X

Back