Digital Meeting

Alana

Hi

Our group is moving on to the digital card thingys next week and I just wondering how it all works?
Do you still have your slip of paper?

i just joined into the new cards no i dont think you do have your little file thing just the card and that records everything then your consulatnat will go on a little electronic pad and can see how everyone has done

do u keep the card or give it back?

weve had it for a while they paper record goes and you still take your book and the card with you every week. they record your weight in the book as normal but the card has all your info onit already and then all the info goes into the pda the consultant uses. you also give it to the person who takes your money they put it in and it tells them how much you have to pay, if youve missed a week ect and you no longer have to sign in. its a lot easier i think.

You keep the card but if you manage to lose it they can make you a new card with all your info on

I joined last week and I was just given the card, but better as card records can get tatty, mine usually do as they end up at the bottom of my handbag

Being an ICT teacher i'm very bias towards technology. I think this is a fabulous tool for slimming world. It can track personal weight loss fantastically and can track groups weigh losses very effectively. Data being stored on an electronic system will mean it is stored in more of an order and bits of paper wont go missing all of the time like mine used to on a regular basis.

Sometimes I would swap meetings and go to an earlier one one week and a later one the next due to work comittments so my bit of paper would be filed in the wrong box and my consultant could never find it lol. We used to joke about it tbh. Now tho its never a problem. Hurrah for technology.

Though it must be pointed out.. for the non techno C's out there it must be a nightmare! lol. They'll soon get used to it. :D

The group I go to uses the new Express Weigh System and it works so much better for everyone!

The Consultant can see at the touch of the screen of her PDA what each person has lost per week on average, it shows up right away when you hit another 1/2 st award, and your Club 10 etc too! I help out at group and it's was so easy to miss these when doing the weigh ins before the system went computerised! The system has reduced the amount of Admin work the Consultants have to do overall ~ new fangled technology, eh? lol

Back