Dilema! Need some advice

Browsie

Silver Member
I have been doing SW (for 2nd time) since April 2011. Started off really well, lost almost 2 st, but hit a rough patch after christmas and just can't get back on track. I'm basically the same weight as I was in Dec 2011 and I'm fed up.

I really try and will loose for a couple of wks but then have a bad wk and put back on what I've lost. I feel like I'm wasting my money just to maintain and am thinking of having a break. I don't want to give up. Just want to loose another stone then I'm done. But maybe I should just accept I'll never get back to pre pregnancy weight and set target now?

Anywho, the question is do I take break and risk falling off the wagon completely or keep hacking away at it but get more and more fed up cause I'm not getting anywhere it's a lot of money to pay to STS. I go on holiday on tues for a wk so have a bit of thinking time but any advice from you guys would be grately appreciated. X

Have you spoken to your consultant about how you feel? Is he/she approachable? Perhaps you could post a few food diaries on here for us to take a look at for you. As you say you want to lose another stone I think you would be unhappy to leave it. I am sure with your c's help and all of us on here we could help you kick start that loss you so want. Hope this helps :)

Thanks hollysnan. I just can't do a full week! Start off really well then go down hill. I'm just fed up of having to think about it all the time having to plan everything. Sometimes it comes really easy without even having to plan too much and those are the weeks I loose but sometimes I struggle for what to eat and those are the days I go off the rails. I go away fir a wk on ties so might take some time out and come back to it fresh. X

how often do you log onto minimins? I find that the more i log on, the less chance i have of a slip. I have also subscribed to the tough love forum as i need a kick up the backside when i wobble - you could try having a look in there to see if you think it would help you. You can find it by doing a quick search.

It's all about planning!!! If you do your food shop and plan your meals each day for a whole - how can you not stick to it? simply don't buy any rubbish food that is off plan?! that is key - why are you still buying non SW friendly food? is it for syns each day but that you then go over and binge? if so then you need to stop buying them and use your syns on other things that you can control your urges for.

what plan do you follow? i used to do EE and it stoped working for me so I switched it up a bit and now do mainly red days which has been much better. I cant see any stats for you - how much have you lost so far?

drink LOTS AND LOTS of water and cut out snacking all together - even on fruit etc as this helps massively with weight loss. Dont take money with you to work so you cant buy naughty food and make sure you take extra fruit to have after lunch.

I think your attitude might be the main thing stopping you - you seem to have given up a bit as you havent shifted any weight for a while. do you think it would help to re-read all of your books etc and i agree with hollysnan that you DEF need to speak to your C and tell them how you are feeling. Is there someone at your group you can buddy up with?

Do you exercise? if not then you should start as this will also help

DO NOT GIVE UP - YOU CAN DO THIS!! You CAN and you WILL with a bit of support. Don't let all your work so far go to waste by giving up now! Its only one stone to go - you can do that in a month with a bit of discipline!

I have been doing SW (for 2nd time) since April 2011. Started off really well, lost almost 2 st, but hit a rough patch after christmas and just can't get back on track. I'm basically the same weight as I was in Dec 2011 and I'm fed up.

I really try and will loose for a couple of wks but then have a bad wk and put back on what I've lost. I feel like I'm wasting my money just to maintain and am thinking of having a break. I don't want to give up. Just want to loose another stone then I'm done. But maybe I should just accept I'll never get back to pre pregnancy weight and set target now?

Anywho, the question is do I take break and risk falling off the wagon completely or keep hacking away at it but get more and more fed up cause I'm not getting anywhere it's a lot of money to pay to STS. I go on holiday on tues for a wk so have a bit of thinking time but any advice from you guys would be grately appreciated. X

hey i was feeling the same i wanted to loose 7 stone after having a bay in oct 2010 lost about 5 stone fairly easily and then started to struggle, but i stuck at it and now i'm at target 22 months later, i reset target to lose 6 n half stone and much happier, been at target for 3 weeks. x

how often do you log onto minimins? I find that the more i log on, the less chance i have of a slip. I have also subscribed to the tough love forum as i need a kick up the backside when i wobble - you could try having a look in there to see if you think it would help you. You can find it by doing a quick search.

It's all about planning!!! If you do your food shop and plan your meals each day for a whole - how can you not stick to it? simply don't buy any rubbish food that is off plan?! that is key - why are you still buying non SW friendly food? is it for syns each day but that you then go over and binge? if so then you need to stop buying them and use your syns on other things that you can control your urges for.

what plan do you follow? i used to do EE and it stoped working for me so I switched it up a bit and now do mainly red days which has been much better. I cant see any stats for you - how much have you lost so far?

drink LOTS AND LOTS of water and cut out snacking all together - even on fruit etc as this helps massively with weight loss. Dont take money with you to work so you cant buy naughty food and make sure you take extra fruit to have after lunch.

I think your attitude might be the main thing stopping you - you seem to have given up a bit as you havent shifted any weight for a while. do you think it would help to re-read all of your books etc and i agree with hollysnan that you DEF need to speak to your C and tell them how you are feeling. Is there someone at your group you can buddy up with?

Do you exercise? if not then you should start as this will also help

DO NOT GIVE UP - YOU CAN DO THIS!! You CAN and you WILL with a bit of support. Don't let all your work so far go to waste by giving up now! Its only one stone to go - you can do that in a month with a bit of discipline!

totally agree here as i know what i'm talking about as i was in a similiar situation and almost gave up going to class and i would have easily gained half of the weight i had lost if i did this, remember the saying even a dripping tap fills a bucket, so even if u only lose half a pound a week you will get there and also have a variety is always good, i try to have a new recipe every week xx

Back