Dilemma - job related, what to do?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 14 June 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've got a new job starting next Wed. It's part-time 18 hrs a week for a charity that deals with young people with alcohol/drugs problems.

At the same time I applied for another part-time job with the Metropolitan Housing Trust in a complex of wardened flats for the elderly, the same hours & a little more money.

I've accepted the 1st job & it's a small charity working with just 2 others & they'll be really flexible with which days/hrs I work which is great with a baby & toddler.

Should I just forget about the one for the housing trust or go to the interview & then decide?

This always happens as soon as I accept 1 job I get loads of responses, I'd been applying for work for the last 2 months with nothing as soon as I've a job I've been offered 3 interviews already this week...

So should I go or forget it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    Personally if it doesnt interfere with your new work I would go for the other interviews you never know what they may offer after all we all work for money. Worth going IMO

4. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I applied for two jobs last year and got the first job. This is the job I am doing now. The day after I found out I'd been successful in my application for this job, I had a call inviting me to interview for the second and I told them I was no longer looking.

The job I am doing now is really enjoyable. I have an amazing wage, work from home, company car etc. The downside is that I am constantly on call and don't have a very good work-life balance. Something I didn't know when making the decision not to interview for the second job.

I would recommend that you do the interview. At least then, you are keeping your options open. You will probably find out a bit more about the job at the interview which will help you make and informed choice should you be successful.

Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.