Dilemma

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I have a dress for my cousins wedding on 16th April, I tried it on just now and although I can zip it up etc and it fits, it's a little bit too tight to be comfortable. I need to lose about 9lbs for it to fit perfectly!

Here's my dilemma, I love going to the gym and have just started back after a sports injury BUT it slows my weightless down significantly.

If I do SS for the next 3 weeks I can probably get into the dress and feel comfortable, but that's with NO exercise!! :eek:

I love my exercise but I need to get into this dress. Aaargh!!!! What do I do????

Last edited:
do gentle exercise - say swimming or a brisk walk - can still leave you feeling great.

Just to clarify, would you be doing the exercise on SS?

Because if you were, then you'd still be burning fat, even if it didn't show up on the scales. You might retain a bit more water which would mask the effect of your progress on the scales, but your body shape would still be changing (getting smaller!), regardless of what the scales say.

In other words, are you sure you need to lose 9 pounds? Or could you lose say 4 pounds but because your body's more toned, the dress fits perfectly? :)

On the other hand, if you're talking about going on to a higher plan and exercising, I get what you mean - and Setas' advice is pretty good.

I'd still be doing SS or at most SS+ just like always. It's not particularly about the lbs lost it is the inches and I know by losing about 9lbs the inches will be right. But if I exercise I do retain water and I'm just not sure the inch loss will be enough given the retention, does that make sense?

Normally I'd choose exercise and smaller losses every time but just now I think a bigger loss with the inches that come with it might be what's necessary. I know I won't be as toned as I would be if I exercised but my magic knickers will deal with the belly bulge, and a quick blast on the power plate the day before will tighten everything else temporarily.

Yay for magic knickers! :D :D

Sounds like a good plan.

Big yay for magic knickers!! Tight dress? Who needs to breathe anyway? Breathing is overrated!! Lol

Back