• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Dilemma!

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
HI All,

I dont know what to do next Thursday. I work for a finance company and we have our team meeting. Can cope with that BUT one of the business managers is coming in (from a bank) and is taking everyone out for xmas dinner. I have pledged to myself that I am goingto do a full 4 weeks of sole source to take me to the 20th December. (in a bid to lose at least another stone without being interrupted!)

I know I am not going to eat (this is me being strong) but how do I tell them? I would rather not go than sit there & watch them all eating & drinking (iykwim)

Any tips anyone?

Thanks in advance

Donna
xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Erm, I dunno, but just noticed you're local - shall I come and kidnap you? lol!

Do you have to go to the meal? Can you claim you have a prior engagement? Do you have kids? Can you tell them it's your kid's school play or parents evening or something?

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
Erm, I dunno, but just noticed you're local - shall I come and kidnap you? lol!

Do you have to go to the meal? Can you claim you have a prior engagement? Do you have kids? Can you tell them it's your kid's school play or parents evening or something?
I do have a lo but hes only 17 months lol. No plays just yet. ;)

come and kidnap me please! Where abouts are you???

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Yes , you would feel a bit leftout , all them getting into the christmas swing and you feeling out of place , tell them that you might skip it rather than put temptation in your way

I work up near the University and I live in Swinnow Kippaxmum. My pony (Bailey) lives in Gildersome.

How about you go to the team meeting--then get a headache? :D

or feel sick...

or get someone to phone you with an emergency

so you miss the meal?

Just a thought... saves all the explaining...

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
I might do the 'oh i dont feel very well/i think ive got a migraine coming' route. They all know I am on the CD so I might just have a word and tell them that I am not eating and dont want to feel left out so aren't going lol

Put it to them straight!

donna
xxx

sumayyah

please try again
nip to the toilet on the day and come back saying youve had a call and ur lo isnt well so he wants him mummy so your soooooooo sad to miss out on the fun but your needed back home

Just be honest with them and say you are on a plan and cannot break from it, if they know you are doing CD they will understand. Go to the meeting but not for the meal.
I have been in this position several times and given in as I didnt want to feel different which is why I am 2 stone heavier now, I wont do it anymore I am honest and say I am not prepared to break my plan, it usually is fine.