Diliema already and barely just started

apia08

can I ask some advice??

I started the CD, SS on Monday 19th May (this monday :)) and I have been chatting to one of my good mates about her wedding, which is on June 27th, I asked if there was a way I could cancel the dinner and booze for me and much as she wants to support me in my journey she asked how on earth I would be able to drink my shakes. Wedding from 12-12pm.

Hotel I booked months ago, paid for is not in easy reach of the venue. Now my pot is a little big to carry in a bag and the more I think about it the more I will get stressed on the day, also she pointed out the meal/drinks etc is 125.00 per head :-(

Just out of interest what is the norm, i want to celebrate her wedding, we have been friends since we were kids, but don't want to make a massive deal of saying "I am on CD and need to dash off to the kitchen to help myself"

Its her one day of a lifetime and I felt as though I was adding more stress by asking her if she could cancel my food etc, save the money. (i am sitting on the table with her family) think they will notice if I dont eat the food etc. The menu is fish so not to bad, easy to loose the carb aspect etc.

has anyone else been through this and managed a way out without being bringing attention to themselves and looking odd.

You could have a bar or tetra, which would eliminate the need for preparing any CD packs. If you feel you must eat, then try to stick to CD-friendly options, along the lines of what you'd be allowed on aam week.

Good luck

Hi Karen,
What is aam? I will have a chat to the CD counsellor next week about the bars, they sound great.

Hey... I went to a wedding bout 5 weeks into the diet... used it as add a meal week... I had some starter, some main and no desert... nobody noticed and I didn't make a big deal out of it... nobody knew except my mam that I was on the diet. I was driving so no drinking which was my excuse for not drinking and a damn good one :D:D

It is your friends special day but all I can say is that you only get ONE golden go at SS and if I could give you any advice at all I WOULDN'T FCUK IT UP FOR ANYONE :eek::eek: It is a bit selfish but its also ok to be a bit selfish!! You most certainly will not be ruining her day and if you are then she needs to have a look at what the day means to her

I hope it works out for ya.. and well done on doing SS :D

Gen x

Hi again, sorry aam is add a meal, the week when you have one meal along with your packs daily. So you have something like chicken or white fish with green salad/green veg. Should be info in your little CD book on what foods exactly are allowed.
As far as the bars are concerned, you can only have 1 per day so you should see ablout getting yourself a couple of tetras if you're staying over/have a long journey home.
I was at a wedding last weekend, the alcohol was easy enough to bypass, i just said i'm not drinking at the mo (i'm sure people are thinking "pregnant!" lol) the food, although i did plan to be good, was a different story. So the best advice i can give is try to stick to CD in any way you can for that one day as it can be mighty difficult to rein yourself back in & not give in to cravings afterwards if you stray from the path x

Thanks so much for all the messages, its great to hear others have gone through the same thing and I know my old self would fall off the wagon and prob not get back on for a while, but advice is really good, those bars sound like a blessing especially if they fit into my bag. Driving would have been a great excuse if she hadn't orgainsed a coach to drop everyone to the hotels before and after :-( but sparking water should do the trick in a spirit glass and the bar bill will be at it lowest without me drinking it dry :)

Also, not to keep sounding like a newbie to the CD, but does this mean whilst you are on shakes etc that I will still be in ketosis? Am I right in thinking Ketosis is fat burning???

I kinda of get it, even all the articles I read I can't make much sense out of it - not sure whether this is down to fuzzy brain at the moment which I have to say is awful, keep forgetting what on earth I am doing so glad for the three days off work as I struggling...

Is Ketosis when the body is not relying on carbs as a soruce of energy (glucose) and starts to use the store of fat supplies for energy and fat burning?

Apart from the strips (ketostick) how do you know you enter it? will my pee change colour?

Apart from the fuzzy head, headaches are not as bad and I sort of get the urge to clean the house, but then stop as i feel a bit sick and tired, is this normal?

Also, not to keep sounding like a newbie to the CD, but does this mean whilst you are on shakes etc that I will still be in ketosis? Am I right in thinking Ketosis is fat burning???

Yes, that's right. It takes a few days for the body to use up it's reserves from the liver then when they have all gone it switches to fat burning mode, which is ketosis.

I kinda of get it, even all the articles I read I can't make much sense out of it - not sure whether this is down to fuzzy brain at the moment which I have to say is awful, keep forgetting what on earth I am doing so glad for the three days off work as I struggling...

Is Ketosis when the body is not relying on carbs as a soruce of energy (glucose) and starts to use the store of fat supplies for energy and fat burning?

Apart from the strips (ketostick) how do you know you enter it? will my pee change colour?
No! You won't see many changes, some people experience different things, but you might notice a metallic taste in your mouth
Apart from the fuzzy head, headaches are not as bad and I sort of get the urge to clean the house, but then stop as i feel a bit sick and tired, is this normal?
This is an effect of ketosis, lots of people experience a surge of energy.

At that price per head i'm sure you could ask for a special diet meal such as green salad with chicken breast. Hotels will be happy to make allowances if you are on gluten or lactose free diets. Your dietary needs at the wedding should be just as important.

From personal experience (I am on week 9 now) I would have the meal (minus the carbs) and stick with still or sparkling water. I had included a planned meal in Week 3, and another in Week 4 and Week 5. I had discussed with my CDC. I still lost weight, however, WARNING you have to get your head in gear not to use it as an to excuse to fall off the wagon. In other words get straight back on it the next day. For it was a case of I proved to myself I have will power because I stuck to SS for over 2 weeks and I could get back right to it and I did. I have lost 22 pounds (yes it probably slowed down the loss - though signature and ticker not updated yet). My reasoning was that I have to deal with the headstuff because I will eventually had to re-introduce food. I told myself I wil treat it like SS+ 3 packs and a protein meal 9though I only had two packs and meal. It worked for me. Given you have been childhood friends and it is her wedding I think you should join in (but without carbs and alcohol - if you can be sure you can get straight back onto it. If it is £125 a head it will be gourmet style I imagine and therefore very small portions which will help you not over eat. You will have to avoid dessert though! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back