Ding Dong the Enemy's dead!

Hi mary you will soon lose the few pounds you put on. I think that being careful with carbs has helped me, so looking forward to going to icemeler.

Heya hun, great to hear you had a brill hol :D and that we can still all have a normal life and maintain.
That must have been soo goood to show off the new you :D. I lived in Turkey for a year and lurrrve the place :)

Welcome back Mary, glad you had a lovely time! Those extra few pounds will soon be gone, you're so good at this maintaining lark.

welcome home Mary so pleased you had a lovely time!x

Hi mary you will soon lose the few pounds you put on. I think that being careful with carbs has helped me, so looking forward to going to icemeler.

I weighed this morning (unofficially) and it looks like another 2lb off, so I am pretty pleased with that. I too like to be careful with the carbs, I just feel so bloated afterwards if I am not careful with them.

Heya hun, great to hear you had a brill hol :D and that we can still all have a normal life and maintain.
That must have been soo goood to show off the new you :D. I lived in Turkey for a year and lurrrve the place :)

Yes it was great to get all the compliments of Brits and the Turkish waiters we have become friends with. Where in Turkey did you live for a year?

Welcome back Mary, glad you had a lovely time! Those extra few pounds will soon be gone, you're so good at this maintaining lark.

Cheers Bev, I did have a great time, one of the best holidays ever. The maintaining is going pretty good for me, just weigh up the good days with the bad days to even out any gains. Soon be your turn hun, you will also do great.

welcome home Mary so pleased you had a lovely time!x

Thanks Rach, nice to be home, but I could easily go back again tomorrow. Booking today for Oct 8th, ready to go home to Icmeler again.

A few pounds of your apparent gain would probably have been water retention after cabin pressure when flying. It can take up to 4 days for that to right itself I've been told. x

Hi Jan, Yes I think that is something to do with it as my clothes all fitted perfecly even on the last day, and today I do feel more my old self and not so bloated.

A few pounds of your apparent gain would probably have been water retention after cabin pressure when flying. It can take up to 4 days for that to right itself I've been told. x

HUH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! :confused:

Ooooh i didnt know that!! :( so im guna be all bloated and horrible when i arrive in salou :( poop burgers!

NOOOOOO!! You looney!!! You can't feel it - that's why it can be a shock when you get on the scales! As Mary said all her clothes still fit her fine! Quit worrying - be glad that a few lbs gained may not necessarily be fat and will soon go away!!!! :) xx

Ooooooooooooooohhhhh got ya!!!!!!!! :doh: well in that case it doesnt sound too bad i'll just remember not to get on the scales for a few days after! :)

I bet that felt great!!! :)

You don't eat that many carbs really do you? Is there a particular reason for that? Is that how you need to be to maintain do you think? Just curious. :) xx

My soup is full of carbs, red lentils, green lentils and barley. Just thought about that now :D

Breakfast - Maintenance bar and a nectarine

Snack, 2 tangerines.

Lunch, Chicken broth and an apple.

Supper, Large pitta bread (wholemeal) filled with ham and a huge salad.
Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, probably melon and strawberries and a drizzle of honey.

Drinks - a few vodka's.

My soup is full of carbs, red lentils, green lentils and barley. Just thought about that now :D

True! Really good ones too. You're low GL-ing without realising it I think! ;)

Here's a couple of links ... The only thing with the Holford one is he advocates counting ... I don't want to count anything but it's still a good resource.

GL Diet | GL-Diets.com

The Holford Low-GL Diet

I can recommend some books if you want any more info. I got the Winnie Chan counter you've got only the earlier version that's got GI/GL in it as well. I'm not fully into it yet but trying to make low GL choices where I have choices. Diet Chef was based on the same theory too. :) xx

I feel back to normal today and the bloating from the holidays has all gone, although the scales are still showing a slight increase in weight, but my official weigh in will be Monday. I feel fine though.

Nights tonight, so off to do my ironing and a few chores, catch up with you all tonight from work.

I had 200mls of vodka last night and enjoyed every drop.

Menu today.

Breakfast, Porridge with blueberries.

Snack, Nectarine.

Dinner, Pork chop, new potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower and gravy.

Snack, honeydew melon.

Supper in work, Pitta bread with ham and salad, greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.

Sounds like you're well back on track....so well done.

Jan's explanation of Cabin Pressure weight increase was good....my use that as my excuse if I've put on this weekend at weigh-in! lol

Back