Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Yep. Have a good weigh in.

And then a lovely piece of SPINACH-flavoured millionnaires' shortbread!

Good luck tonight dawn! X x

Thankyou ladies x

Hmmmm..... (thats for you Sarah)

So maybe I overdid the whole 'getting to target' celebrations!!!

I put a pound on! So back to the drawing board we go...!

But...

Not until I've scoffed this gorgeous piece of millionaires shortbread!

Thanks Sarah! xxx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110922_185039.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110922_185039.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
Ooh Sarah!!!

That was totally orgasmic...really hit the spot!

Thanks very much hun, and for the natter earlier. I think we both needed it! Xx

Yeah, but the picture didn't show the spinach side!

Sorry about your gain. But did you declare last week as target?
And I'm sure I can help you put on at least another couple, on Saturday!

Evening all x

Ooh it seem like I haven't been on here for AGES even though it's only been a day!

Yesterday was just so busy I didn't get my lap top on at all...just popped on for a minute here and there on my mobile.

So basically, I spent yesterday trying to sort furniture out so we could fit Dad's cabinet in. It took all day, resulting in me going up to bed around 11 having finally sorted the front room out. But there's still our bedroom to do, as it looks like the old sideboard will have to go in there, which probably means the bed settee will have to go in another room or to my mums...:rolleyes:

And then, to top it all, after all my hard work Gwyn turned round and said he wasn't sure he liked it! :eek: So I was really deflated! He said we'd been building our home and now I'd changed it and it was looking more like Shirleys than ours :confused:

So I had to explain that I knew we didn't really need the cabinet, and that we hadn't got the room for it, but that if I hadn't bought it from Shirley she would've sold it to an antiques dealer who had already bought Dad's bureau and some of his paintings...and I couldn't bear to see it go. It was his trophy cabinet and I remember it always being full to the brim of cups, awards and trophies...and I didn't want it to go to a stranger, so I bought it. I did tell Gwyn I would put the sideboard back and get rid of the cabinet if he preferred, but then he said it looked much better with some ornaments in it and that it had grown on him! :rolleyes: So I think it's staying...for a while anyway.

I did have 2 major NSV's yesterday (obviously the pound I put on at tonights wi wasn't actually ON me yesterday! ;))...

I went to an Old Girls Association Committee meeting yesterday to arrange the next school reunion meal, and all the others there commented on how WELL I looked lol! When I asked them if they meant I wasn't as fat as I was the last time they saw me in January, they said yes and that they were too polite to say lol!!!

And then Andrew took the pair of size 12 trousers that were too big back to Tesco for me and swapped them for a 10...and they fitted!!! :bliss: I am NOT a size 10...but they still fitted lol!!! Might just have to take a piccy of the label lol!!! :8855:

Today has been the biggest amount of crap I've experienced for a long time at work. I'm not going into details..poor Sarah got it and so did Gwyn when I got home...so I won't bore you all with it again. Nothing in particular, just the same old sh*t :mad: Thank goodness for meeting up with Sarah and having an hour away from it and some good but obviously not nice conversation ;) Looking forward to dinner on Saturday Sarah :eating:

And things weren't made any better when I got a frantic phone call from Gwyn to say Suki had injured her foot and he was on his way to the vet with her :eek: They'd been out for a walk to pick some sloe berries (for sloe gin :drunk:) and suddenly Suki had started screaming and couldn't put her foot to the ground. He carried her home but she still wouldn't put her foot down, and she curled up in a corner of the downstairs loo crying, so he rang the vet and they told him to bring her straight in. They gave her a good examination and couldn't find evidence of an injury, and by this time she'd stopped crying and could put her foot down, so they sent her home with painkillers and instructions for us not to take her out for a week and to try to make her rest. And if she starts limping again we obviousy have to take her back. I can't tell you how scared I was when Gwyn first rang...I was nearly sick! We may not have had her long but it's impossible for me to say how much I already love that little girl. And poor Gwyn got himself into a right state over it all as well...he said he was shaking when he was carrying Suki home, bless him.

Anyway, I have loads still to do.

Bestie, I'm coming to you now xxx

And naughty lovely sis Gail...I'm going to text u in a minute after I've spoken to Nicki to see if it's ok to give you a quick :)rolleyes:) ring xxx

Here's Dads cabinet...there's not much in it atm as I'm still sorting it but it's getting there...

I'll be back a bit later folks xx

Attachments

• dads cabinet 1.jpg
    dads cabinet 1.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 27
  • dads cabinet 2.jpg
    dads cabinet 2.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 28
Hello Dawn,

Have read your weight loss diary over the last week or so and through your writings feel like I know you. mmmm feel like a stalker now ! Sometimes funny sometimes sad but always genuine and inspirational. You have remained tenacious throughout your journey and must be so proud of your success. I have been heartened by your developing friendships with " the crew" ie Stevie baby,Gail,Sarah lovely lady who lives in Spain (whose name escapes me) . I suppose what I really want to say is..... I think you are all just great and wish you all the very best. You deserve it.:)

Thanks for letting me rant too.

I'm having my "cocooning" and "wound-licking" evening: Chinese takeaway, glass (or two) of wine, feelgood film, and now I'm going to have a bath.

I think I've almost reached the point where the anger takes over from the upset, so that might improve things!

Expect (ab)normal service to be resumed shortly.

Oh dawn sorry you have had i crap day, sending love and hugs your way! Hope suki is feeling a little better now, it is really hard when something happens to hurt them even when we have only had them a few weeks because they are like our children! X x

Thanks for the call - lovely as always to talk to you.

Well done on your + 1 lb today. You are at target now so a 1 lb gain puts you bang in target :).

Hope to talk again soon :D

(a poorly, hot and feeling sorry for herself !!) Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hello Dawn,

Have read your weight loss diary over the last week or so and through your writings feel like I know you. mmmm feel like a stalker now ! Sometimes funny sometimes sad but always genuine and inspirational. You have remained tenacious throughout your journey and must be so proud of your success. I have been heartened by your developing friendships with " the crew" ie Stevie baby,Gail,Sarah lovely lady who lives in Spain (whose name escapes me) . I suppose what I really want to say is..... I think you are all just great and wish you all the very best. You deserve it.:)

Hi Jilly xx

Thank you for such a lovely post! :thankyou:

And also for having a read :D

I have to say I didn't know ANY of this motley crew before I came on here...now they're genuine friends, even Stevie babe ;) but don't tell him! :eek:

Feel free to join the clan Jilly!!! :grouphugg: If you can put up with all the stick then we'd love to see more of you! :p And definitely get your own diary going if you haven't already done so, then we can all come visit you xx :grouphugg:

Hope you're getting on ok with the diet hunni x

Take care and hope to see you again soon :wavey:

Oh poor little Suki Dawn, how is she this evening?? Bless her little cottons!

Hope you have recovered after a sh*t day!

I love the cabinet! Love all antiques like that!

Have a lovely relaxing evening Dawn :) xxx

Oh dawn sorry you have had i crap day, sending love and hugs your way! Hope suki is feeling a little better now, it is really hard when something happens to hurt them even when we have only had them a few weeks because they are like our children! X x

Aww Dawn, i'm so sorry you've had a rubbish day or two. You poor thing. I'm sure that 1lb gain was just stress. It will be off soon I'm sure. Poor Suki too. Jeeze everyone is feeling down in the dumps. Bring on the weekend I say. Big hugs xxx
p.s sorry i'm not making much sense, not really with it!

Hi guys and thanks for your concern for both Suk and me :gen126:

Suki seems to be none the worse for her exploits thank goodness :rolleyes: I don't know if I can say the same about poor Gwyn...think he nearly had a heart attack earlier!!! :eek:

And I'm fine thanks. I've been lucky enough to meet with Sarah at lunch, and also to chat to my little sis Gail tonight, and I'm ok now, calmed down a bit and all set for a better day tomorrow :D

Thanks for letting me rant too.

I'm having my "cocooning" and "wound-licking" evening: Chinese takeaway, glass (or two) of wine, feelgood film, and now I'm going to have a bath.

I think I've almost reached the point where the anger takes over from the upset, so that might improve things!

Expect (ab)normal service to be resumed shortly.

Just what you need hun...a bit of time to yourself x

And the anger could be a good thing if it's channelled into a positive fight x

I would be very afraid if you were to ever offer a normal service sweetie...:hide:

So what are we having for dinner on Saturday???

Spinach perchance...??? :8855:

Thanks for the call - lovely as always to talk to you.

Well done on your + 1 lb today. You are at target now so a 1 lb gain puts you bang in target :).

Hope to talk again soon :D

(a poorly, hot and feeling sorry for herself !!) Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks sis,

Hope you're all tucked up in bed with a hot toddy and that you're feeling better very soon :patback:

Now I know you'll be cross for telling everyone, but I'm going to tell them anyway...

My lovely sis sent me a birthday/getting to target present which arrived in the post today :D

A very generous voucher for Bravissimo!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

I've never been before and can't wait to go and pick something rather beautiful out :party0011: How exciting and super is that??? :wee::wee::wee:

So thank you Gail for being so naughty but so lovely too :hug99:

And Steve, before you ask...

The answer is NO...

There won't be any photos...:rolleyes:

Back