Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Maximus said:
Not fair!

Must be all of this talking about me keeping me awake! im going sleep between 12-2am each morning and waking up at 6am local time! im meant to be on holiday and relaxing:confused:

Aww...poor sleep-deprived Steve :(

Don't worry tho...

It was more laughing than talking really...;)

Evening all x

Well all my hopes for a better day at work were shattered within a couple of hours of starting my shift :mad: I'm not going to go on about it yet again on here...I already had a moan earlier, and poor Gwyn got it when I came in from work!

But, I did have the most amazing nsv at work today. I was, as always, really busy, and didn't take much notice of the crew who came in to talk to the Kettering day controller. They were saying about how short staffed we were in the office, and asked what had happened to the other staff. Mike explained that a couple of girls had left, and then they pointed to my desk and asked where the lady was who used to work there. Mike replied that I'd been at that desk for over 5 years and when I turned to look at her, the poor girl almost jumped out of her skin, saying she hadn't recognised me at all!!! It was hilarious! She then went on to quiz me all about SW as she wants to lose a couple of stones! Wow...I can't tell you how thrilled I was! :woohoo:

And so to wi, and my very surprising news is that I lost 3.5lbs tonight!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

I'm now officially the lightest I've been for 25 years! :wee::wee::wee:

So my sh*t day ended on a real high! And the great thing is I'm not back at work till Thursday now...YAAAAY!!!!

My c has asked me to write my "story" and take some before and after pics in for next week...I'm going to have a think about whether to do that or not. I think she just wants to read it to the class as she did a similar thing with a guy at another class who lost 7 stones.

We had a taster evening tonight so I took in some lentil and spinach dahl and it went down a treat! And it was just so easy to make last night...and all in the microwave too!

I've just made a load of chocolate cup cakes for a Macmillan cancer coffee morning tomorrow that we're going to...and somehow two of them made their way down my gob lol!!! :8855: Well I had to make sure they were ok...;)

Todays Food EE

Alpen bar crumbled into yoghurt (1/2 A)

soup (3)
velvet crunch (4)
banana
apple
yoghurt

cous cous
lentil and spinach dahl
tasters of various sw curries
2 choc cup cakes (?????????)

Alpen bar (rest of B)
milky coffee (half A)

Total syns:- ?25?

(Forgot other half of A)

Hey Dottie Dawn!

Do you believe in karma?

All this cr@p at work could be happening for good reason you know. You were probably mean to me in a previous life, o the good lord hears you talking/laughing about me and works in mysterious ways.

You see this goodwill to all men incorporates me too!

You have been warned!

Now you're off for a week, get your sorry carcase over here - the dishes are piling up;):p

Sexist slob Steve

But, I did have the most amazing nsv at work today. I was, as always, really busy, and didn't take much notice of the crew who came in to talk to the Kettering day controller. They were saying about how short staffed we were in the office, and asked what had happened to the other staff. Mike explained that a couple of girls had left, and then they pointed to my desk and asked where the lady was who used to work there. Mike replied that I'd been at that desk for over 5 years and when I turned to look at her, the poor girl almost jumped out of her skin, saying she hadn't recognised me at all!!! It was hilarious! She then went on to quiz me all about SW as she wants to lose a couple of stones! Wow...I can't tell you how thrilled I was! :woohoo:

And so to wi, and my very surprising news is that I lost 3.5lbs tonight!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

I'm now officially the lightest I've been for 25 years! :wee::wee::wee:

So my sh*t day ended on a real high! And the great thing is I'm not back at work till Thursday now...YAAAAY!!!!

Well done on both your amazing NSV and 3.5lbs loss!

:talk017:

Wow :). Love both the NSV and the loss. Fantastic news !

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Wow Dawn that is fantastic - and proves to all those that say the losses slow down when you get closer to target at wrong!!!

Well done on the NSV too, that must have felt great :) xxx

Proof that Greek food (even the pastries) are REALLY good for you.

Look out for the Baklava And Ouzo Diet, coming soon to a gullible public near you!

Wow dawn well done on your loss and that fantabulous NSV!!! No one deserves it more than you :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fantastic NSV and fantastic loss.

But please can you stop making me depressed. I sooo wish I could lose 3.5 lbs in a week. Then I'd be almost at target too. Lost 4 lbs in my first week back in 2006 but since then never more than a couple of pounds. Boo Hoo.

Last edited:
You have to reach for the nines how hunni inch! I need to throw you around and twirl you like a baton without back injury!!

Go you!!
x

Ladies, thankyou for all those lovely comments!

I'm so excited about it all! To be nearer to 10st than 11 is absolutely monumental for me!!

But the real biggie is that I just FEEL so good. My confidence is growing all the time and I've lost a lot of the insecurities that I had when I was big. And they were very major problems which affected every aspect of my life. So its lovely to try and put all that behind me and attempt to make up for all the time I've lost. And I love trying new clothes ... I mean who would've thought I'd be wearing skinny jeans...or a dress??!!

Anyway guys, I love having all your lovely support on here...thanks so much xxx

Steve...feel free to twirl away hunni ;) I'm no weight at all cos I'm floating on air lol! xxx. :)

Fantastic to hear you sounding so positive. You are just amazing :D

Gail xxx

Ditto Ditto Ditto :)

Hi Dawn well done on your loss this week it's brill and you are at target too :)
You are a great inspiration to me and I'm sure others as well , so thank you for sharing your life an experiences :)
have a good weekend x

And more dittos from me too.

I can "hear" the smile as you type!

Aww shucks guys...I feel really embarrassed now! *blushes uncontrollably*

Thanks for being so lovely, all of you xx

I'm sorry I haven't been about today...I set myself some jobs to do and I knew if I came on here, I wouldn't get any of them done!

So the first thing to do was to lug the bed settee downstairs as Andrew was helping a friend to move, and they'd offered to put it in the van and take it to mums.

A bit later on we went to the Macmillan coffee morning at a friends house, and I was really good and only had a black coffee...NO CAKE! But we did buy a few to bring home with us!

After lunch I made a start on sorting out our bedroom. I put my dressing table where the bed settee had been, and then the sideboard from downstairs went where the dressing table had been. So this all entailed emptying loads of drawers, moving furniture, and then refilling drawers again. Then I realised I needed to plug my lamp and hairdryer in somewhere...and the only available plug was behind a wardrobe! Typical! So I had to empty that, pull it out, plug an extension lead in, push the wardrobe back in and fill it full of clothes again. And of course there was plenty of gratuitous hoovering as most it this furniture hadn't been moved for over 4 years!

So I finally finished about an hour ago, and it looks quite nice.

While I was busy, I had one eye on the telly as the saints were playing...and they damn well lost! :(

Todays food Red

28g bran flakes (part B)
250ml ss milk (A)

Ryvita (rest of B)
Philly light (2)
Tinned salmon
Salad
Beetroot
Salad cream (2)

Chicken
Bns and celeriac chips
Salad