Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Dawn cannot belieeeeeeve that about those pooches! Do you think the old cayenne/ paprika trick would work to get rid of snails!?

Hmmn...peppered snails...yummy :eating:

Hey lovely,
How was your first day back? x

It was fine thanks bestie xx Very busy as usual but actually quite nice to see the guys again xx

Oh bestie i forgot to ask, do you have a HTC phone? (i thought i saw it in a post but i can't find it) if you do can you tell me if they have a normal size sim card or one of the mini ones like an iphone xxx

Yes, I've got the HTC Wildfire, lovely little phone :D It's got a normal sim card in it xx

Oh Dawn, I was laughing so much at the bird and dog stories (and thank you JoT too - you are hilarious !!). I hope the birds have gone away now :)

Great news about the car too - I hope Andrew is loving it :)

And how did work go ???? I was thinking of you today (when I finally got up having only got to bed about 4am - I must learn to take my own advice about jetlag some day !!!!)

Gail x

Welcome home Gail :welcome2:
Afraid the albatross & friends seem to like their new residence and are refusing to budge :flamingmad: I'm thinking I might find an alternative use for all that nice cold natural yoghurt I've got in the fridge...:sign0137:
Andrew really loves the car thanks. He took me to fat club tonight in it! And then he spent 3 hrs cleaning it and putting his cd player in! :D
And work was good thanks, much better than I thought it was going to be xx Hope you've finally got to bed now xx

We aim to please...

You do more than just please hunni! xx

Hi Skinnydawn

Long time no speak! I was posting with you and goodisme a few months ago about bingeing! You were so kind and motivating and I was really pleased to come across your diary. I have read through the lot (no mean feat!) even though by page 20 or so I knew that I was going to read something so sad. You make me feel very humble - dunno what I'm grumbling/bingeing about and wish I had half your enthusiasm for life!

Anyway, it has spurred me on - Im no further forward really but no further back. I will be reading your diary from now on to see how it should be done!

Glad to have found you, hugs Pomooky XX (still rather porky)

Pomooky!!! :D Aww it's great to hear from you hunni! :hug99: And what a really lovely comment to leave, :thankyou:

My goodness... thank you for reading the diary, I can't believe u managed to plough through it all! I have to admit I'm too scared to re-read my earlier posts as I know they will upset me. I had such hopes that Dad would be ok even though I knew in my heart of hearts that he was dying :cry: But it helped to come here and not be afraid to write exactly how I was feeling, as I couldn't talk to anyone else. You must have seen what a friendly :patback: helpful :fyi: and totally bonkers :silly: bunch of mates I've managed to gather along the way :grouphugg: They kept me going, not just with the diet but with life. They have some great diaries too so have a good look!

How are you doing? Have you got a diary we can all come and nose at? :peep: Hope you'll stay in touch now, I used to really enjoy our chats xx Take care hunni xx

Hello ladies xx

I seem to get later and later updating my diary! Every night I swear I'm going to do it early, I get the site up, and then everyone elses diaries just look SO much more interesting than mine that I go off reading them all instead :rolleyes:

Well I'm here now!

As I said in reply to a couple of posts, first day back at work was absolutely fine. Just a couple of issues with the vehicles to cope with which is about the norm these days as they really need replacing. A seatbelt on one of the stretchers fell apart :eek: which wasn't too bad as I managed to locate a spare at one of the stations. But also the stretcher mechanism on the barriatric ambulance failed completely so it's now operating without a stretcher on it! The problem is it gets an awful lot of wear and tear as its used for all the 'barri' patients ie. those patients over 20 stones who would either have difficulty fitting into a normal sized ambulance or who may need special equipment. And in between these patients we use it for basic admissions/discharges/transfers & outpatients appointments so it's going to be a nuisance for it to be not fully functional :sigh:

Andrew & I had an amazing night at sw! :D Andrew lost 3lbs and I lost 5 1/2lbs! :woohoo: I got my 3 1/2 stones shiney, and my c gave me sotw even though I put a pound on last week as the REAL sotw had gone home lol! :wee: Then she went on to ask if I'd considered becoming a consultant and that she'd email me the details :eek: I have to confess I think it would be a fab job to do, but I don't think I could stand up in front of a group of people and tell them what to to! :soapbox: I'd have nightmares about it!

It's gone midnight now & I have to be up at 06.30hrs so I'm going to post my food, check a couple of diaries and hopefully get some sleep. Apologies to anyone I might miss tonight :flowers: ... I'll defo get on here earlier tomorrow night and do the rounds properly!

Lots of love to you all xx

Todays Food

Banana

slim a soup
velvet crunch crisps (4)
apple

jacket spud
ham and mushrooms
42g 1/2 fat cheddar (A)
Hi fi bar (B)
butter (3)
salad cream (3)
G&T (3)

Total syns:- 13
Exercise:- still resting :rolleyes:

Well done to you and Andrew, absolutely brilliant loses this week! :)

And also well done on sotw and your new shiny:)

Andrew & I had an amazing night at sw! :D Andrew lost 3lbs and I lost 5 1/2lbs! :woohoo: I got my 3 1/2 stones shiney, and my c gave me sotw even though I put a pound on last week as the REAL sotw had gone home lol! :wee: Then she went on to ask if I'd considered becoming a consultant and that she'd email me the details :eek: I have to confess I think it would be a fab job to do, but I don't think I could stand up in front of a group of people and tell them what to to! :soapbox: I'd have nightmares about it!

That was my crossing things and dancing, wot did it.

Do you know, you're probably the first person in history, not in the "From Here To Eternally Slim" team, who has benefitted from the FHTES "Weigh In Day Dance". You should feel honoured.

Also, I have a friend who usually gets my (virtual, of course!) pompoms shaken for her on Thursdays for her weigh in - but she wasn't going yesterday - so you also had the benefit of the one and only set of Troy pompoms. Officially known as "Namby-Pamby Southern Pompoms" (TM), they are famous for their weight-loss producing effect.
Obviously it depends on what moves I do, but they will have to remain veiled in secrecy.
(I have to retain some mystique. I don't want to risk becoming ordinary.
Next stop after ordinary is "normal", and I'm afraid I can't go there. I've been barred. From the whole town. No idea why...)

So with all of that - how could you have failed to lose?

And the Consultant thing is really good, and really interesting.
Not least because it's something I'd love to do, and loads of people in my group have said it would be great & asked me when I'm starting - but strangely enough our great & glorious C has never mentioned it to me. I told you she doesn't like me!

Wow Dawn that's brilliant weight loss for both you and Andrew!!! Hope your both really pleased with yourselves!!! Spurred me on now, I am definitely going to get that next shiny of mine this week!!! :D
I think you would make a brilliant consultant too!!! You always have the right things to say!! :)

Hope work get the stretcher sorted out!! My uncle is a paramedic and is always telling us stories!! Hehe!! About things going wrong to! And he is quite often out in the barriatric!!

Hope Andrew's new car is going okay! :character00182:

Have a good day at work and hope it's not too busy!!

xxx

Wow, well done on the weight loss:)

That was my crossing things and dancing, wot did it.

Do you know, you're probably the first person in history, not in the "From Here To Eternally Slim" team, who has benefitted from the FHTES "Weigh In Day Dance". You should feel honoured.

Also, I have a friend who usually gets my (virtual, of course!) pompoms shaken for her on Thursdays for her weigh in - but she wasn't going yesterday - so you also had the benefit of the one and only set of Troy pompoms. Officially known as "Namby-Pamby Southern Pompoms" (TM), they are famous for their weight-loss producing effect.
Obviously it depends on what moves I do, but they will have to remain veiled in secrecy.
(I have to retain some mystique. I don't want to risk becoming ordinary.
Next stop after ordinary is "normal", and I'm afraid I can't go there. I've been barred. From the whole town. No idea why...)

So with all of that - how could you have failed to lose?

And the Consultant thing is really good, and really interesting.
Not least because it's something I'd love to do, and loads of people in my group have said it would be great & asked me when I'm starting - but strangely enough our great & glorious C has never mentioned it to me. I told you she doesn't like me!

:thinking2:...hmmmn...been racking my brains but I think I can honestly say that NEVER before have any of my friends got their pom poms out for me...let alone shaken em about! :banana dancer: I am truly honoured hunni, and just a little bit afraid!!! :bolt: You keep shakin em hunni...before you lose too much weight and you got nothing left to shake! :eek: Are you sure that this kind act does not constitute you being 'nice' and...dare I say it...normal? :8855: I think you're squishy side is starting to emerge...:sign0168:

OMG I would LOVE to see you as a consultant!!! It'd be a bloody scream!!! :D Tell A you wanna do it :sign0009: xxx

Evening lovelies! xx

Oh we have had a busy day AGAIN today! Too many patients and not enough vehicles, as usual :sigh: But no breakdowns :wee:

Thanks for all your lovely comments on Andrews and my weight losses :thankyou: I'm still totally amazed! I think it really goes to prove that stress & mental well being has a huge impact on weight losses/gains. And maybe carrying around a shedload of feathered friends has helped too! :8855:

Having a nice chilled out evening now with gorgeous hubby :lilkiss:, in my dressing gown with a glass of wine :party0036: I think the wine is going to my head a little as I feel a bit squiffy although it could also be due to the fact I didn't get to sleep till after 3am and was up again at 6.30am :silly:

So here's todays food and then I can come see you all xx

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
175ml s milk (1/2 A)

banana
super noodles
velvet crunch crisps (4)
yoghurt
apple

spag bol
jelly (1/2)
squirty cream (2)
wine (6)

Total syns:- 12 1/2
Exercise:- none

Wooooh Dawn, so impressed with your loss this week, and Andrew's too. You are obviously doing well and spurring each other on, which is great, long may it continue :)

Bless him with his new car too, seems like he was looking for one for ages, pleased he got exactly the one he wanted. Cars are funny things, I hate my current one, but I get so agitated if anyone else goes near it!!!

Hope you are getting the menagerie sorted too ;) xxx

Hope you are getting the menagerie sorted too ;) xxx

Blitzing the menagerie tonight...lets see how the little blighters like my new secret exterminator...cannesten CREAM :rotflmao:

They better vacate the premises asap or I'll be forced into using the dreaded "P" in there! :eek:

Blitzing the menagerie tonight...lets see how the little blighters like my new secret exterminator...cannesten CREAM :rotflmao:

They better vacate the premises asap or I'll be forced into using the dreaded "P" in there! :eek:

potatoes? (in the style of Keith Lemon;))

potatoes? (in the style of Keith Lemon;))

PMSL!!!

Potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :8855:

I know I've had 3 kids but............POTATOES?????? :eek:

I wanna get rid of the flipping things...not feed em supper!!! :rotflmao:

OMG. That's amazing - 5.5lbs - that's what I call 'doing a Gail' (after a gain - as seen on a few other threads !!!). You are absolutely fabulous and should feel justifiably very proud.

Glad work was ok too. You deserve to be looked after.

And I don't know if albatrosses eat potatoes anyway.

Does anybody know?

:rotflmao: (I can't tell you how many times I end up laughing out loud at this website !!!)

Gail x

Dawn - did I read something somewhere about you coming up to the Lakes soon ?? When and which route are you coming ? Anywhere near Manchester ??!

Gail x

And I don't know if albatrosses eat potatoes anyway.

Does anybody know?

Dunno about that...but I DO know their beaks are bloomin sharp!

black-browed-albatross-thalassarche-melanophrys-24151.jpg

Back