Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Where are you chica? Tell me you are still ok. Please ..............................

Last edited:
Dawnnnnnn,you have disappeared again................................mumsie here !!!!!

A great big thank you and an apology on the part of the Spanish postal service. Today I received the magazines and the wonderful Little Book of Sauces ( which I really, really wanted as I dislike dry food) and the delightful card and message that you sent to me in November of last year !!!!!!! It was alovely surprised.................................now get your act into gear and get back here !!!

hugs,mumsie xxxxxxxx

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

I'm here, but I have been so BAD I really think I should go hide again! :(

It started last week really. Gwyn and I decided to go and see Les Mis at the cinema on Wednesday as it was our 9th wedding anniversary the following day but I was working. So we saw the fillum, which was totally AMAZING and I completely recommend it to everyone, but it was quite long so we picked up chips on the way home as the children were all home from work and hungry...and it kind of snowballed from there. On Thursday we obviously celebrated our anniversary with a few glasses of wine, and on Friday I came home from work to find an Indian feast waiting for me! Gwyn had decided to extend the celebrations by cooking all the party food we didn't cook at Christmas because I was ill!

Saturday saw us at a school reunion meal which was totally and utterly NOT SW friendly but oh so flipping tasty!

And by Sunday I'd just about forgotten I was supposed to be trying to lose weight :( The scales show I've gained half a stone AGAIN.

So today I've managed to get back into it but I'm not finding it easy. I really don't know why. I just can't stay motivated for long. I need to get out, do some exercise, but I'm just too tired while I'm working. When I get in I just want to eat, get my uniform off, and curl up on the settee. The dark nights don't help...can't wait to actually see some daylight after work! My days off last week were a total waste of time as the snow made our estate almost impossible to get off.

Anyway, only Tuesday and Wednesday to survive and then I'm off for a few days so maybe I'll be able to get to the gym or something.

I'm very cross with myself as I'd set myself a bit of a target for the end of March as I'm hoping to go and stay with Gail again. I really wanted to be under 10st 7lbs by then...not much chance of that now!!!

Still, it's no good moping about it. Only I can turn it around so I'm going to give it a go :) I know I can do it! Please please please can u all keep hassling me so I don't drop off the radar again?!

I'm going to try and post my food every day so that I feel I'm accountable. And I will try to begin some exercise on my days off! I am SO unhappy at this weight...it has to go.

Mumsie I'm glad you got the package eventually...better late than never lol! Funny how some things reach you in a few days and others take weeks!!!

Thank you so much for checking up on me Sue, and Bev, Lynne, Penny and Brittany x Sort me out for goodness sake!!! Xxx

Today's food red day

Oats (B1)
Milk (A1)

3 ryvitas (B1)
Philly light (A2)
Velvet crunch (4)
Salmon
Apple
Banana
Yoghurt

Bacon
Egg
Tinned toms
Yoghurt
Tom sauce (2)

Choc options (2)
Special K bar (4.5)

2 A's and 2 B's
10.5 syns

KICK!!! i'm glad your back :)
everyone has to do this sometime ... its how we are :D
but now your back so come on lets get with it!!!!
i know these nights are awful and cant wait for summer... but think about the lighter evenings and how you would feel if you havent lost any weight... thats my motivation ;)
youve done it before.... lets lose!!!!!!
:D

I'm glad you're back. I was beginning to think I was going to have to hunt you down, for the mental wellbeing of your audience!

Awhhh Dawn hun, so glad you have come back xx

As you know, you were the first follower of my diary, and gave me so, so, much help and support, which I will be eternally grateful for xx

So, now, my payback time!

You can do it!

You know you can!

We all have hiccups, and that is life!

In the cold weather, whether we like to accept it or not, we seriously do need more food to keep warm!

You work hard, and long hours, don't be harsh on yourself, for snuggling on the sofa!

Is that it?

Yes, for tonight!

xxxxx

((( Big Hugs ))) chica. I do know how hard it is at this time of year - it's hard for me and I don't have all the horrible grey skies and snow!

B U T . . .

Look back to those photos from 2 years ago when you started on SW. Do you want to go back there? I don't think so.
So unless you want me to come to Northampton and smack your botty :whoopass: then get back to it Mrs! :8855:

PS 7 lbs in a few days seems most unlikely to be real weight gain. Most likely carb bloat.
So kick the carbs on the head for a few days and it'll be gone pdq

Glad to see you back Dawn.

I think there must be something in the air as so many of us,myself including, are slipping and sliding from the SW trail. I too started again with the greatest enthusiasm and intent and as soon as I had a horrid glitch in my life I lost the way again and am now finding it hard to restart.

Why oh why do we have this all important relationship with food. We seem to make it the centre of all we do.

I will be here to keep an eye on you and expect you to kick my arse too !!!!

hugs mumsie xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ditto.
It seems that something keeps getting in the way.
But I'm determined to get my sizeable a*se back on that wagon.
I need to see the back of all this blubber!

Well! What can I say other than THANK YOU ladies AND Sarah for taking the time to offer up so much encouragement x

How can I not behave myself now???! ;)

Actually I have had a very good day and I'm feeling much more positive. I've just got off the phone to gorgeous Gail, who gave me a proper talking to :) Only 10 minutes earlier, I'd had a 'motivational' chat with Steve, and then I came on here and found all your messages so I'm thinking maybe I CAN do this again. I'm certainly going to give it another try anyway.

So work is still full on...vehicles are still breaking down and we are still short staffed. Andrew is enjoying it though! He likes being busy, although working from 7am to 8pm is totally tiring him out bless him. He got home about 8.30 tonight, had his dinner and went to bed as he's back in at 7 tomorrow.

Ok I'll have to keep this fairly short as my eyes are sore from spending over 10 hours at the computer. But I want to say thanks again for the kind words and kicks up the bum. Both were, and continue to be, greatly needed! I am TOTALLY dreading WI on Thursday as yet again I will gain, but as I've promised Gail I will go I suppose I'd better! ;)

One more day to get through at work, woo woo! Then a week off, but Ill probably be looking after Gwyn as he's having a tooth out tomorrow :( Vicki is taking him as she's not working tomorrow and I really didn't want him driving.

Catch you all tomorrow! Xxx

Oh...nearly forgot...I turned down cream cakes today! Go me!!!

Todays food red day

Porridge (B1)
milk (A1)
banana

3 ryvitas (B2)
philly light (A2)
smoked salmon
velvet crunch (4)
apple
Satsuma
yoghurt

tuna steak
salad
beetroot
salad cream (2)
grapes

options hot choc (2)
special k chewy bar (4.5)

2 A's and 2 B's
12.5 syns

Well done Dawn. Excellent food day there. Just one day to get through and then how about a few cooking days whilst you're off-meals that you used to love like the Dahl for example. That's good for shifting the pounds and is so yummy too. You can do this! X

Ooh yes I love that lentil Dahl and I haven't had it for AGES! I think I will so that actually :) I've got all the ingredients and I could have it with some rice on a green day. Thanks Penny x I do tend do do a lot better when I'm cooking as I'm much less likely to go off plan.

I'm coming over to your diary in a minute...just have to log today's food ...

Red day

All bran (B1)
Milk (A1)
Banana

3 ryvita (B2)
Philly light (A2)
Smoked salmon
Grapes
French fries (5)
Apple
Yoghurt

5 lf sausages (5) ... I like sausages lol!
Scrambled eggs
Tinned toms
Sauce (3)

2 A's and 2 B's
13 syns

Oh well! Serves me right for pigging out all last week! I gained 5.5lbs which is totally deserved. Apart from the gain, it was a really good night! We had a food taster so I made lots of mini SW pancakes and took some fruit, golden syrup, and a pot of Total 0% yoghurt with white choc options and sweetener mixed in. I'm glad to say I brought an empty plate back lol!

I'm going to try mixing my days up a bit this week. Maybe do some green days or EE instead of just sticking to red. I think that's part of my problem...I'm getting bored of having the same meals. And it's silly really as there's no reason I can't eat pretty much whatever I want on SW!

Off to make a hot choc now x see u later guys xxx

Actually - well done chica.
A couple of days ago you said you were showing a 7lb gain and you've only recorded a 5.5 one at class.
So that must mean you've had a few good days. And therefore had a loss!!
So that's a great start for next week. Keep at it!
Foot still ready for that kick if required :8855:

Morning

Well that gain is done now so focus and that weight will be off again. Definitely mix your food up. If I eat the same then I get bored and stray into naughty food. Definitely do that lentil Dahl. Do you like the SW quiche? Either with salmon, or jut veggies or with the pasta? Good to snack on or have for lunch with some salad.

Taster night sounds good. We have one on Monday. I may take some ham and egg muffins that you told me about, I really like them although mine are never that tidy looking.

Any plans for your day off?

X

Hi Dawn, well done on facing the music and drawing that line - now get back on the wagon!

Amazing how quickly we fall into having the same foods day after day when, as you say, there is so much out there to try! I've made it a goal to try at least one new SW recipe every week - so far this time round I've made the Chicken, leek and bacon pie from the 2013 calendar, cowboy pie from the september mag, balti from the little book of sauces and this weekend I'm doing a mediterranean veggie bake...(adapted from a non-SW recipe).

If you like curry and have got the little book of sauces I can highly recommend the balti sauce - although I put a bit more chilli in mine, as I like it spicy. Really tasty and you could add anything to it to make a yummy dinner.

Good luck this week x

Back