Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Simba??

My ears always prick up when I hear that name as its from my favourite film!! My cute little ginger rabbit is called Simba and my dog called shenzi after the head hyena in the lion king!

I adore that film too...so much so that our first little doggy was named Simba...even though she was a girl! We lost her to a brain tumour on November 29th at the good age of 15. Still miss her :cry:

I like that digestive biscuity smell of puppies! And no I'm not completely food obsessed, but I do think that's what they smell like, until the horrid doggy smell kicks in!

I know what you mean...I like to smell their fur when it's been rained on...so doggy-ish!!! :rolleyes:

Hi Dawn
I love dogs :)

I just have Carla... aka princess barky knickers. Shes a very nervy collie x. Shes 2 1/2 now and with lots of work shes getting there but was/is genetically nervous of everything bless her

Picture228.jpg

Aww...she's a beauty...my sort of dog really. We just can't manage anything very big now :(

I think your Carla looks a bit like my Simba...she was collie cross...

GetAttachment.aspx

I really do love dogs when i first met my partner it was a real struggle as he didn't want one at all but eventually talked him into getting my little beauty Shenzi

I just neglected to tell him that teeny puppy would get hugeeee lol ;) x

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110713_182329.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110713_182329.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20110713_182446.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110713_182446.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 27
I really do love dogs when i first met my partner it was a real struggle as he didn't want one at all but eventually talked him into getting my little beauty Shenzi

I just neglected to tell him that teeny puppy would get hugeeee lol ;) x

Wow...that's one gawjus BIG doggy xx And I love her name too xx

I love the doggie photos :D

Gail x

Hi Peeps!!!

I'm on here early tonight to post my food so I can watch my beloved Apprentice ;)

Had quite a nice day really. Started off by watering Shirley's garden as she's been staying with her son for the past week in Wales. She actually came home about an hour ago though, and had a lovely time while she was away. She's had a letter inviting us to a memorial service for relatives of people who have died in Cynthia Spencer Hospice. Apparently it's a short service in September, where they will read out Dads name along with the other peoples names, recite some poems etc. and give us all a rose of remembrance. It sounds a nice thing to do, a reflective time to think about Dad and also my Nan who died there, so we will all be going. Shirley also said she will be collecting Dads ashes next week, and we will be scattering them next Friday :cry:

Then I popped to the shops to get a birthday card for a very good friend of mine, and then back home again. I spent a very interesting time going through some sw recipes on here, trying to get inspiration for tea! Anyway, I settled on coronation chicken as I really wanted salad tonight...and it was yummy :drool:

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (A)
strawberries

ryvita (2)
28g garlic philly (2)
velvet crunch (4)

Coronation chicken
boiled egg
salad
salad cream (2)
garlic bread (4)
sw strawberry roulade

Total Syns:- 14
Exercise:- 15mins exercise bike

Recipe for coronation chicken

cooked chicken cut into cubes
fat free vanilla yoghurt
1 - 2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
splash lemon juice
1 packet savoury rice (Tesco/Batchelors etc.)

Mix all the ingredients apart from the rice in a bowl and place in the fridge to marinade.

Make up the rice as instructed on the packet. Allow to cool and chill in fridge.

Mix rice and chicken marinade together. (I actually served mine with the chicken on a bed of rice rather than mixing it up) Lovely with a nice crispy salad, or on a jacket spud :eating:

Attachments

• sw coronation chicken.jpg
    sw coronation chicken.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 38
  • sw roulade.jpg
    sw roulade.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 29
I do apologise Dawn. I tried to put a weeny photo up of Carla, not take over half your diary... I guess I did it wrong, sorry :) xxxxxx

He he he!!!

Don't be daft!!! :rolleyes: She's lovely hun...and she makes up for our little pups rather diminutive stature lol!!! ;)

Oh my gosh I'm drooling over this roulade again. I need to make it. Going to look for the recipe again.
Sounds like you had a nice day. Can't wait for the apprentice too xxx

Hey Missy!!!

I was on your thread while you were on here lol!

And don't think you're leaving here without telling everyone that you lost 2lbs tonight!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

Do the roulade hun...so yummy!!!

Well done pj on the 2lb loss x

What is a swiss roll tin?? Just saw pics of this infamous roulade on Louise's thread and think I may need to have a shot at it this weekend. Not a sweet toothed person so desserts don't do much for me, but for half a syn... I may change!!

Re: Everyone loves Simba - my fave Disney film ever and I have a stuffed Simba on my bed, he has been on my bed for the last 16 years. He doesn't look great because he has been cuddled to death, even now, when I'm sleeping alone, he is tucked up under my arm... Not only that but I have a mini stuffed Simba that stays on my bed in my parents house, so I'm never alone!!!

Looks like the looney bin has an escapee tonight... :giveup:

She's a shih tzu. We lost our shih tzu in February, and our colliexgsd died in November. I do like big dogs but we're not able to manage anything too big now.

Right, remember those pork chops we were going to have for dinner tonight?

Well they weren't :sigh:

Pork I mean :(

They were lamb! :rolleyes:

But they were very nice, and thankfully it was easy enough to swap the apple sauce for mint sauce lol!!!

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

crispbread (2)
28g el philly (1.5)
salad
salmon
salad cream (2)
banana

Lamb chop
spuds
peas
carrots
mushrooms
sw strawberry roulade

G&T (3)
Finn crisp (1)
21g hf cheese (1/2 A)

Total syns:- 9.5
Exercise:- no

My mate crossed a bulldog with a Shih Tzu - with predictable results;)

Heee heee. Thank you again.

I've sent the roulade recipe to work to print out. I just need to buy a swiss roll tin and then it will be made. Yum Yum Yum. Going to try make some new recipes over the next few weeks. Spice up my meals with some new things.

Go for it Penny lol!!!

I put 5 tbsp of splenda in my cake base.

And I mix some natural fat free yoghurt with a bit of quark (to thicken it up) and some splenda and vanilla essence to taste to make the cream filling. Tbh you can use quark, or fromage frais, but yoghurt on its own is probably a bit runny :eek:...the thing to do is play around with it!

Oh and REALLY importantly...I would line your tin with baking paper (not grease proof paper...it STICKS! :mad: ) and spray it with fry light xx

Make sure you take a piccy!!! :D

What is a swiss roll tin??

Looks like the looney bin has an escapee tonight... :giveup:

Just an oblong shallow tin that's the right size and shape for a swiss roll. They're only a couple of pounds to buy & well worth it!!!

Erm maverick, make that 2 escapees lol, on my bed i have a huge Simba and the medium one that stays in bed with me, theres also a Simba shaped pillow, all the rest of the lion king cast line my dresser, agmonst other memorabilia. My husband even proposed to me at the lion king show, and on my wedding head table there was a mini Simba and nala with little bows around there Necks.

God now i sound crazy lol Im not crazy promise just love the lion king!

Sorry dawn we have taken over your diary this evening! X

Maximus said:
Hey that's only fair - Dawn absolutely decimated mine:p

Lol :) x

Erm maverick, make that 2 escapees lol, on my bed i have a huge Simba and the medium one that stays in bed with me, theres also a Simba shaped pillow, all the rest of the lion king cast line my dresser, agmonst other memorabilia. My husband even proposed to me at the lion king show, and on my wedding head table there was a mini Simba and nala with little bows around there Necks.

God now i sound crazy lol Im not crazy promise just love the lion king!

Woah, you win!! My mum now uses my Lion King bedcovers as an ironing board cover... Am so gonna watch that film this weekend, may even watch the Lion King 2, little Kiara sits on my bed too, but shes never really had a look in!!!

Back