Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi guys, back in the groove :rolleyes:

:hmm: ... so who's bright idea was it to try running/walking 5k last night? Oh yes, it was mine ... must have been having a massive :brainfart: Oh it was wonderful last night thank you very much...not so blooming wonderful this morning when I woke up & couldn't MOVE due to to the PAIN in my joints :argh: Oooh it hurt SO much! Been on paracetamol most of the day! So now can someone tell me why I'm desperate to get back out there tomorrow and do it all over again?! :silly:

When I finally managed to hobble out of bed I spent 10 minutes in a hot :0bathtime: which helped a little I think. Had breakfast, tidied up, did some washing, then Gwyn & I sat in the conservatory to do the NSPB garden birdwatch. It's basically an hour spent counting the different birds in your garden. The rest of the day was spent not doing very much, due to my incapacitation :rolleyes: So all in all a very lazy day!

Todays Food

28g fruit & fibre (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

Ryvita (1 1/2)
cottage cheese
banana

chicken/veg home made curry
mango chutney (3)
rice
naan bread (4)
wine (6)

Options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 16 1/2
Exercise:- nope! nope! nope!

They seek me here :peep: they seek me there, :peep:
icon_lol.gif

I spend too long on a pile of threads to have time for my own. It'd be boring anyway....believe me it would!! ;)
My 'way with words' is sporadic
icon_lol.gif
like an allergy :giggle:
Glad to 'see' you around hun :D:D

Ooh THERE you are lol!!! Typical! Was just doing my food for today and you snuck on, you rotter!

Your diary could never be boring hun! You always have such a lot if interesting stuff to say! :)

Do you have a large variety of birds then Dawn? Wish we did :sigh:
There's a greedy group of noisy chattery starlings, 2 male & 2 female blackbirds, one pair of which has one fledgling, 2 pigeons and the odd HUGE crow that amuses us by balancing precariously on the feeder pecking large lumps out of the fat feeders then leaves it rocking wildly as it flies away ;) Love to watch those that choose to bathe - they look like they thoroughly enjoy it, splish splash sploshing everywhere. Good job outdoors is a natural wetroom, :giggle:

Well we don't have a huge variety tbh, but enough to keep us interested. We have chaffinches, goldfinches, greenfinches (sometimes), blue tits and great tits, robins, wagtails, blackbirds, pigeons, collared doves, the odd sparrow, & lots of starlings of course. We have had a sparrow hawk twice, merrily tucking into its prey on the lawn! And I know this doesn't count but there's a few cheeky squirrels I love to watch, & a hedgehog that comes round at 10pm every night lol!
The birds really are lovely when they're splashing in the water aren't they! And it's great to see the parents feeding their young. The only problem we have is that we have 2 new sets of neighbours who have 3 cats between them, & I have twice seen them in our garden with a bird in their mouth in the last fortnight :mad: The first time I managed to get the bird free, but the second one wasn't so lucky :( So today I ordered some fence spikes from Ebay which I hope will keep the cats out and the poor birdies safe!

Oh no poor birdies!! :( I've even got my LO saying Scat! to cats if they come in our garden haha - he's not allowed to say it otherwise cos I don't want him tormenting animals at all ;)
A Sparrow Hawk! Cool :D When we're on the bus to the next town there's lots of farm land and we often see kestrels hovering ;)
I'm not a birder or a twitcher but I do love birds :D I love nature. I did the 'bee watch' last year, and since then LO looks in the supermarket flower beds every time we pass, looking for the buzzy bees, even when they're covered in snow, haha :D

Ooh...didn't know there was a bee watch!

Gorgeous hubby is the twitcher in the family. He's very knowledgeable about all sorts of bird & animal wild life, & flora and fauna, probably down to the fact he taught biology for 43 years. I've learned such a lot from him over the time we've been married, and when he used to teach me of course!

A knowledge of biology is handy for sooo many things ;)
Immature :giggle:

I enjoyed biology at school but was rubbish at it and my teacher was really impatient I'm surprised anyone took it. Old bat - maybe she secretly hated kids :rolleyes: haha

Hope your legs feel better tomorrow and you aren't so stiff hun :D

Lol! Thanks Mo! Xx

Yes, having a biology teacher as a hubby does have its merits! And I remember as clear as anything this red faced young man trying to explain the human reproduction system to a class full of giggling 13yr old girls! Little did I know I'd be marrying the poor chap some 30 yrs later lol! At least I can say he taught me all I know! Well...nearly! ;)

I wish birds came to visit us! We had a lovely bird feeder last year and not one bird came to see us. Eventually we had to get rid of it as the nuts had been ravaged by squirrels and the fat balls were all covered in cat hair and cat lick (where we live is exactly like corrie, all terraced red brick houses and there are soooo many cats!!)

Aww...shame about the feeder Jules xx. I must say it took a while for us to get the birds to come, but now its great. I don't think anyone else feeds them round here so the poor little things probably don't have much choice! And we have about 15 feeders with different seeds in which encourages different birds...but then of course we get the damn cats :( I do hope these spikes come soon and that they do the trick. I like cats, but I'm always shooing them away from the baby birds, and I'm totally SICK of damn cat pooh in the soil!

Evening all xx

Afraid it's been another rather lazy day :ashamed0005:

Gwyn and I walked to the garden centre to buy some fruit and veg, and then walked back again ... highly exciting :rolleyes:

And the rest of the day was spent pottering around on here or watching the rugby on tv. There are loads of things I could have done but couldn't seem to get going at all today :confused:

So it's a short post cos I've done sod all to write about! :rotflmao:

Todays Food doing a red day for a change

28g fruit & fibre (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

Ryvita & tinned salmon (1 1/2)
Snack a jack crisp bread & cottage cheese (2)
salad cream (1)
apple

chicken salad
salad cream (2)
42g 1/2 fat cheddar (A)
strawberries & lf squirty cream (2)
wine (8)

Total syns:- 16 1/2 :eek:
Exercise:- 2k walk

Have a good Sunday everyone xx

I love those kind of days. They are the best :)

Gail x

And why shouldn't you have a wee lazy time pray tell, hmm hmm?!?! You have been practically non stop for aaages, and as an 'opital employee type person, you must know that you can't just keep going & going. Besides, Pssst :copon: you're not the energiser bunny hunni :bunnydance: :nono: So cop a break & chill out :snoopyhouse: for a day or so. Your wee leggies would probably appreciate that too after the pounding you gave them t'other day :whacky068: :eek:
Enjoy the rest of your evening ;)
Mo xx

And why shouldn't you have a wee lazy time pray tell, hmm hmm?!?! You have been practically non stop for aaages, and as an 'opital employee type person, you must know that you can't just keep going & going. Besides, Pssst :copon: you're not the energiser bunny hunni :bunnydance: :nono: So cop a break & chill out :snoopyhouse: for a day or so. Your wee leggies would probably appreciate that too after the pounding you gave them t'other day :whacky068: :eek:
Enjoy the rest of your evening ;)
Mo xx

Mo...your posts are quite simply AMAZING!!! :D And so are you!!! ;) xxx

Dawn Hi - finally found your diary about a week ago butt didn't want to but in when you were obviously a bit pre-occupied. Glad you've had a chill out day. Sounded as though you needed it.

One of the things I miss about England is the birds. We get sparrows and wagtails here, plus loads of little egret but thats it. We did the RSPB bird watch every year and the most we ever clocked in 1 day was 22 varieties. If you have goldfinches, greenfinches, blue tits and great tits do you ever get coal tits? Their behaviour is so different from the blue & greats that they are lovely to watch.

If you go for a run tomorrow get in the hot tub as soon as you get home and soak the exercise out. Otherwsie have a great day.

Hi Pommette,

Butt in any time! xx I've seen you around on other threads so I think we probably have the same friends in common :)

We have had coal tits in the past but not for a while now. At my old house we only had starlings and pigeons come visit us so its been a real thrill to see such a variety in this garden. And thankfully my spikey strips came yesterday so hopefully we'll get them on the fencing and it'll be 'bye bye puss'!!! :)

Aww...shame about the feeder Jules xx. I must say it took a while for us to get the birds to come, but now its great. I don't think anyone else feeds them round here so the poor little things probably don't have much choice! And we have about 15 feeders with different seeds in which encourages different birds...but then of course we get the damn cats :( I do hope these spikes come soon and that they do the trick. I like cats, but I'm always shooing them away from the baby birds, and I'm totally SICK of damn cat pooh in the soil!

Don't get me started on this!! :grumble: :rant2:
icon_exclaim.gif
After every bloomin time I do the garden :kitty: thinks I did it for them! I'm sure they can smell fresh dug earth miles away. Anyway, I've started spreading berberis trimmings on top of the ground and that seems to deter them a little while until they dry out, the little 'darlings'
icon_rolleyes.gif
don't want that stabbing them in the bum
icon_twisted.gif
So there's a wee tip ;) if you have berberis in your garden.
Also, in my veggie patch, until things start growing and filling in, I stick short garden canes in at different angles and that stops them being able to get in and start digging in the first place
icon_cool.gif

Mo x

We had terrible problems with cat's dumping in our garden, and thought that when we got a dog the cat's would stop coming into the garden, which they did, but now the dog digs the garden up, and eats all the plants!

Back