Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hope your hangover has subsided. I will no doubt be in the same boat tomorrow!

What happens when the dog is taken out of that contraption then? A dog in pain? Is this the result of irresponsible breeding? Poor dog.

I think it's just that some breeds are susceptible to certain conditions eg. german shepherds are notorious for having problems with their hips/hind legs, shih tzus have eye problems due to the fact that they protrude so much...

Our Simba suffered from arthritis in her hips, and gradually her ability to use her back legs got worse. She was ok once she was up and moving, but actually getting up was a problem, and also standing still. At the same time, our shih tzu was being treated at home by an animal physiotherapist for a damaged cruciate ligament. She recommended a harness for Simba which we tried and found really useful. It meant that Simba was able to enjoy going out for short walks for the last 2 months of her life whereas she would have been confined mainly to the house otherwise. And it was very useful for lifting her up and getting her into the car to take her for her many vets appointments.

I understand that these little pet carts can also be used by animals which have been paralysed or had a limb amputated. They're not in pain...but may otherwise be pts as mobility is everything in the animal world.

Here's a picture of my two girls...you can see Simbas harness xx

Attachments

• DSCF1054.jpg
    DSCF1054.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 25
What about me???

Ok ok!!! :sigh:

Let me rephrase...

Enjoy your evening ladies, Steve, AND JimofTroy!!! :8855:

Is that better??? :rolleyes: LOL!!!

Big hugs Dawn. Hope you feel better after your shower and have a nice day. Any plans? xxxx

Thanks Penny xx

Well I did do a load of cleaning (kitchen/bathrooms/and of course my beloved vacuuming)...
but then I put the lappy on and found you lot!!! ;)

And I'm still here!!! :eek:

But I'm going to sort some tea out soon...left over casserole and anything else I can think of that needs using up! And a nice glass of red would be rather nice too :party0036:

. . . And a nice glass of red would be rather nice too :party0036:
I prefer white myself and I've just had the first spritzer of the evening delivered by himself. So Cheers - say she raising her glass towards the laptop screen! Being VERY careful not to spill it on the keyboard this time.

Have a good evening Dawn.
PS just PMSL at your post on Maximus's diary. Thank you for that!

Hey Dawn!
Sounds like a lovely eve - and glad the head pain has subsided :)
A glass of red sounds delish....it is a saturday afterall xx

I prefer white myself and I've just had the first spritzer of the evening delivered by himself. So Cheers - say she raising her glass towards the laptop screen! Being VERY careful not to spill it on the keyboard this time.

Have a good evening Dawn.
PS just PMSL at your post on Maximus's diary. Thank you for that!

Lol!! My pleasure!! I just LOVE stopping by Maximus's diary and leaving helpful motivational comments :8855:

Well I managed to drag myself away from here long enough to reheat some leftovers and open a bottle of wine so hubby & I have just had a pretty nice dinner :candledinner:

I'm waiting to watch "Marley & Me" at 7.45 as I've never seen it and I think it will be my kind of film ie. it's got a :doggy: in it!

So I'm going to post my food early in case I get carried away with the film later...

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (part A)

2 ryvita (1.5 + part B)
garlic philly (2)
cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion
yoghurt

steak & kidney casserole (1)
spuds
carrots
peas
raspberries, jelly & yoghurt
wine (8) (tis a biggun...sorry maximus, that wasn't a dig at you :8855: )

Total syns:- 12.5
Exercise:- none

ooh...just had an email from Angel, our breeder. She says the puppies are starting to waddle around and eat, and she's sent some new piccys...

Attachments

• pollys puppies 010.jpg
    pollys puppies 010.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 22
  • pollys puppies 005.jpg
    pollys puppies 005.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 22
They really do look adoarable. Can't decide though whether I envy you or not getting a new little one. I remember what house training my last kitten was like. She was mad!!!! Used to climb up the voiles and then sit on the top of the curtain rail . . . . you can image what the voiles looked like after a few weeks.

They really do look adoarable. Can't decide though whether I envy you or not getting a new little one. I remember what house training my last kitten was like. She was mad!!!! Used to climb up the voiles and then sit on the top of the curtain rail . . . . you can image what the voiles looked like after a few weeks.

Hmmn...I know what you mean...:rolleyes:

Years ago our cat had kittens and a girl at works mum had one.
One day, they bought the little thing a clockwork mouse...well all hell broke out! The cat took fright, shot up the curtains, along the pole, on top of the dresser, and then ran all the way along...sending the much loved and highly revered collection of fine chine flying in all directions! :eek: Apparently the mum had been collecting it for over 20 years :sigh: Think poor kitty was in the doghouse after that!!!

It has been a long time since we had a puppy...16 years, so any toilet training tips are going to be more than welcome. Our pup should be paper trained, hopefully, so then we have to get her to the stage of 'doing it' outside. I was planning on moving the paper nearer the back door and then outside. And I thought I'd keep taking her into the garden regularly, and especially after she's eaten, and reward her when she's been. Does that sound right to everyone?

I will do some proper research nearer the time, and I belong to a shih tzu forum where I should be able to get plenty of advice from too.

I can't believe how much she's grown in a week!!!

New puppy pics are adorable Dawn ;) Have you settled on Suki as her name then?
Laughed aloud at your clockwork mouse/kitty story :rotflmao:
Enjoy your movie ;) Am going to the cinema tomorrow to see Harry Potter - can't wait :D
Mo xxx

New puppy pics are adorable Dawn ;) Have you settled on Suki as her name then?
Laughed aloud at your clockwork mouse/kitty story :rotflmao:
Enjoy your movie ;) Am going to the cinema tomorrow to see Harry Potter - can't wait :D
Mo xxx

MO!!!!!!

How are you???

Great to hear from you xx

I always leave everything till the last minute so poor puppy will probably be named on the journey home!!!

Have fun at the movies tomorrow. I'm enjoying Marley and Me atm...

MO!!!!!!

How are you???

Great to hear from you xx

I always leave everything till the last minute so poor puppy will probably be named on the journey home!!!

Have fun at the movies tomorrow. I'm enjoying Marley and Me atm...

Haha - what a lovely greeting Dawn thank you :hug99:
I'm fine thank you. Been super busy getting my LO's new blanket finished, (pictures on my profile ;)) and then got so excited to start a new one for my dear friend that time has just flown by. I have been reading but not posting much. It is also school summer hols here now, so keeping LO occupied is a full time job of course as all parents out there know ;)

I'm sure puppy's name will be just perfect when you come to a decision - or maybe she'l decide for you ;)

Mo xx

Oh my gosh Dawn, Marley and Me is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad. I sobbed at the back of the cinema when I saw it. No one told me it would be so sad! x

Oh dear...well that was a tear jerker wasn't it??? :cry: Just glad there's only Gwyn and me here!!!

I cried my eyes out watching marley and me even more so reading the book!

That's sounds about right with the toilet training dawn, Shenzi didn't even come paper trained it was a nightmare! We actually toilet trained towards the door and it worked except for when were out then one day hubby forgot to leave paper down i was panicing all afternoon but bless her she didn't do anything so from t.at moment on we didn't put the paper down so technically she was toilet trained by accident lol x

Haha - what a lovely greeting Dawn thank you :hug99:
I'm fine thank you. Been super busy getting my LO's new blanket finished, (pictures on my profile ;)) and then got so excited to start a new one for my dear friend that time has just flown by. I have been reading but not posting much. It is also school summer hols here now, so keeping LO occupied is a full time job of course as all parents out there know ;)

I'm sure puppy's name will be just perfect when you come to a decision - or maybe she'l decide for you ;)

Mo xx

Well it's really lovely to know you're about hunni :D

:wow:I had a look at your blanket...it's beautiful! How long does it take to make something like that??? xxx

Well it's really lovely to know you're about hunni :D

:wow:I had a look at your blanket...it's beautiful! How long does it take to make something like that??? xxx

Thank you very much Dawn that's very kind of you :thankyou:

It took me about 3 months to make. I've never done a blanket or applique before, so I am pleased with it I have to say, but more importantly LO loves it :D Score!
The new one is for a double bed :eek: but hope to have it done for Christmas. No applique (I think) but a lovely all round border will be added regardless. I'm lovin' it, lovin' it :D Although my friend chose the colours she has no idea of the scheme or pattern I'm doing, so it'l be a, hopefully, lovely gift for her :fingerscrossed:

I've never seen Marley & Me as I would flood the place out, haha ;)

Mo xx

You must have a lot of patience as well as talent to create something as stunning as that Mo. It's a labour of love. I'm not at all surprised that everyone loves it.

Now it makes sense as to why we haven't seen much of you recently! Not too easy to post on here at the same time as you're working your creative magic lol! Xx

You must have a lot of patience as well as talent to create something as stunning as that Mo. It's a labour of love. I'm not at all surprised that everyone loves it.

Now it makes sense as to why we haven't seen much of you recently! Not too easy to post on here at the same time as you're working your creative magic lol! Xx

Bless you, that's very sweet :D I will try not to be away too long ;)
x

Back