Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

TwinkleToes2day said:
Bless you, that's very sweet :D I will try not to be away too long ;)
x

That would be good xx

You were very kind to me when I was going through the worst experience of my life.

I shall remember that xx

. . . Been super busy getting my LO's new blanket finished, (pictures on my profile ;)) and then got so excited to start a new one for my dear friend that time has just flown by.
Mo, can't see your pics. Do you have them as private?

Dawn, a friend of ours actually used a cat litter tray - with paper in and put it right by the back door - for their small dog and this worked really well. The mess was contained as opposed to being able the spread out!

A lot of people use those dog cages now, I never have, but they are supposed to make puppies easier to house train and so on.....I think *****es are so easy to train and it being the summer, you'll probably have the back door open all the time anyway? We took our puppies out first thing in the morning, last thing at night, after food and when they woke up from a nap, or every hour or so, if we didn't notice. Praise when they went outside, nothing said when they did it in the house. She'll be fine, we train ours to go out of the garden and into the field, so I've never had to clear doggy doings from the garden.

Oh, and I remember using a command, in our case, 'Be quick'. Worked a treat, said each time the dog did anything and now mine can pee to order!

'Angel' would be a nice name for the pup as well, but you have to imagine yourself calling her to you in a busy park! That'll weed out a few names! :)

A lot of people use those dog cages now, I never have, but they are supposed to make puppies easier to house train and so on.....I think *****es are so easy to train and it being the summer, you'll probably have the back door open all the time anyway? We took our puppies out first thing in the morning, last thing at night, after food and when they woke up from a nap, or every hour or so, if we didn't notice. Praise when they went outside, nothing said when they did it in the house. She'll be fine, we train ours to go out of the garden and into the field, so I've never had to clear doggy doings from the garden.

Oh, and I remember using a command, in our case, 'Be quick'. Worked a treat, said each time the dog did anything and now mine can pee to order!

'Angel' would be a nice name for the pup as well, but you have to imagine yourself calling her to you in a busy park! That'll weed out a few names! :)

Ha ha!! Mini's has weeded out the word for a female dog!! :D

Mo, can't see your pics. Do you have them as private?

Dawn, a friend of ours actually used a cat litter tray - with paper in and put it right by the back door - for their small dog and this worked really well. The mess was contained as opposed to being able the spread out!

I think I've sorted it now Pommette x

Thanks Bess, you've actually reassured me a bit as that's pretty much exactly what we are planning to do, phew! We usually have the back door open so madam will be able to get out in an emergency lol! And funnily enough, "be quick" was the command my auntie taught Sophie, and she totally peed or poohed to order! I suppose thats why I'm worrying a bit as I don't want to be seen as comparing the new pup to Sophie, as the new pup has got so much to learn and I want to get it right.

What a great idea!!! Why didn't I think of that??? :rolleyes:

We used puppy training pads for Bertie, but he rarely used them, as he was taken out the garden so frequently, before he could go out into the big world, that he soon learnt it was time for a 'pee-pee' or 'poo-poo' - Still does the first to order now!

Last edited:
Many thanks :D It's all crocheted Pommette ;)

I'm fine thank you. Been super busy getting my LO's new blanket finished, (pictures on my profile ;)) and then got so excited to start a new one for my dear friend that time has just flown by.

I found it and it's lovely! You must be so patient. :)

julesm said:
Hi Dawn! Hope you're having a nice sunday! Marley and me is so sad. I don't know anyone who didn't cry when they saw it xxxx

Thanks Jules xx
It's been a fab day actually xx

Well ... I shan't be watching THAT film again! Sad or WHAT? :'(

Hey girls, Jim and Steve xxx

As I was just telling jules, its been a good day today.

It started when my old neighbours and good friends came to visit this morning with 3 of their almost grown up children. They moved to cornwall about 5 years ago, and everything was fine until a few months ago, when one of their sons was diagnosed with leukemia. Ian started chemotherapy, but developed pneumonia, and died before he was able to receive more treatment.

Obviously his family are devastated, but they all have the strongest Faith I have ever known. They had Ians funeral in cornwall, and also arranged to hold a memorial service in northampton for all his old friends. After the service, they buried some of Ians possessions in an area that his friends could visit. Also, while they were here, one of Ians beautiful sisters did a sponsored head shave, and raised around £800 for the cancer charity that supported them through Ians illness. Hannah had the most stunning long red hair...but she shaved the whole lot off, and she's just 15. The whole family is so lovely, brave and inspirational...it was humbling to spend the morning with them.

Later in the afternoon, Shirley came round for a cuppa, and a g&t, and she surprised me with a cheque. She said that she was giving my brother the same amount, and her 3 children, and we were to treat it as a gift from Dad as she believes its what he would have wanted. Shirley thought I might like to get our kitchen sorted with the money, as our worktops have seen better days and I really want to replace them with granite. So that was an incredible surprise, and I have to admit there were a few tears shed.

Later, mum called to fill me in on her weekend exploits as she'd had my little niece Maddie overnight.

Mum said that Maddie told her this morning that she'd been hungry during the night and had got out of bed to get a banana, but that she couldn't peel it. Then she went on to say..."but its alright nanny cos I got a knife!".

She's just turned 4!

So, must post my food as its getting late and I'm working tomorrow.

Todays food

No time for breakfast

Sw coronation chicken
Salad
Jacket spud
28g extra l philly (1.5)
Salad cream (2)

125ml SS milk (1/2 A)
Noodles
Soy sauce
21g 1/2 f cheese (1/2 A)
Jelly, yoghurt, strawberries
G&t (3)

Total syns:- 6.5

Pooh...just realised I didn't hav my B today...cud've had a choc hifi bar!

Take care all xxx

Sounds like you had a very emotionally mixed day Dawn. Your friends do sound so very nice and as you said, inspirational. So very sad about their son :(
Whenever I hear of or see word of people like them though, it always restores some of my faith in humanity, and basically 'warms the cockles of my heart', simply knowing there are people like that still out there. I do really know there are, but 'hearing' it 'out loud' occasionally is like having been given a real spirit boost IYKWIM? Does that make sense? Am I rambling? :eek: I know what I mean, haha ;)
I hope Shirley is doing well, that was lovely of her to bring you that gift :)
New granite work tops will be really lovely, I have a large granite chopping board and I totally love the sound it makes when anything gets put onto it, or the reverberated chopping sound I get, ching, ching, *ahhh* happy sigh, haha :rolleyes:
Ooh, little Maddie! I bet your mum's heart skipped a beat Dawn, I know mine would have done :eek: Bless her, but oh my goodness eh, haha.
Best get on I suppose, LO has finished breakfast and looking to play out and I have tons still to do before daughter & partner descend this afternoon for 10 days :eek: busy busy busy - great isn't it :D:D
Have a wonderful day :hug99:
Mo xxx

Morning Dawn et all..

I agree with the above totall, really puts everything into perspective doesnt it? What a brave girl at 15 to shave off her head - a true inspiration.

That is a surprise from Shirely hey, and lovely that you can put it to good use. I can well imagine there were tears honey xx

That is hilaious on Maddie! bless!

Sw coronation chicken - sounds yum. going to go do a recipe search for that right now. Have an ace day sweetie xx

Many thanks :D It's all crocheted Pommette ;)

Absolutely gorgeous, you are very talented :) xx

Hey girls, Jim and Steve xxx

As I was just telling jules, its been a good day today.

It started when my old neighbours and good friends came to visit this morning with 3 of their almost grown up children. They moved to cornwall about 5 years ago, and everything was fine until a few months ago, when one of their sons was diagnosed with leukemia. Ian started chemotherapy, but developed pneumonia, and died before he was able to receive more treatment.

Obviously his family are devastated, but they all have the strongest Faith I have ever known. They had Ians funeral in cornwall, and also arranged to hold a memorial service in northampton for all his old friends. After the service, they buried some of Ians possessions in an area that his friends could visit. Also, while they were here, one of Ians beautiful sisters did a sponsored head shave, and raised around £800 for the cancer charity that supported them through Ians illness. Hannah had the most stunning long red hair...but she shaved the whole lot off, and she's just 15. The whole family is so lovely, brave and inspirational...it was humbling to spend the morning with them.

What a brave thing for his sister to do. Hugs to your friends. Must have been a very emotional day for you Dawn ((hugs)))

Later in the afternoon, Shirley came round for a cuppa, and a g&t, and she surprised me with a cheque. She said that she was giving my brother the same amount, and her 3 children, and we were to treat it as a gift from Dad as she believes its what he would have wanted. Shirley thought I might like to get our kitchen sorted with the money, as our worktops have seen better days and I really want to replace them with granite. So that was an incredible surprise, and I have to admit there were a few tears shed.

What a lovely thing for her to do, and its a lovely way to remember your Dad too. We are hoping to do our kitchen on the cheap with money left by my Dad. Shirley sounds very special
Later, mum called to fill me in on her weekend exploits as she'd had my little niece Maddie overnight.

Mum said that Maddie told her this morning that she'd been hungry during the night and had got out of bed to get a banana, but that she couldn't peel it. Then she went on to say..."but its alright nanny cos I got a knife!".

She's just turned 4!

THese little girls are so independent...

So, must post my food as its getting late and I'm working tomorrow.

Todays food

No time for breakfast

Sw coronation chicken
Salad
Jacket spud
28g extra l philly (1.5)
Salad cream (2)

125ml SS milk (1/2 A)
Noodles
Soy sauce
21g 1/2 f cheese (1/2 A)
Jelly, yoghurt, strawberries
G&t (3)

Total syns:- 6.5

Pooh...just realised I didn't hav my B today...cud've had a choc hifi bar!

Take care all xxx

Sounds like you had a lovely though emotional weekend. I cried buckets at Marley and Me. Totally different sort of film but I love 'PS I Love you' have you seen it? Again tissues needed but lovely film.

Definately use a queue word with puppy, it really helps. I used to just say 'be quick' or 'do wees' and Carla is fab and knows exactly whats expected now. Took a while but I moved the newspaper to outside back door gradually moving it to where we wanted her to go, then removed paper totally xxxxx

Oh, the poor family who's son died...and his sister, amazing. I met someone last week who goes to Trevor Sorbie in Covent Garden once a week and is learning how to fit, cut and style wigs for people who have lost their hair through illness. Apparently they often use real hair to make them, did the sister donate hers to be used in this way?

How kind of Shirley, after my Dad died my mum gave my sister and I some money and we bought an old people carrier with ours, saved the poor children having to do syncronised breathing in the back of the car! My Dad would have loved it, he was interested in cars.

Aww thanks for all your lovely comments...it certainly was quite an emotional day, but wonderful all the same. I'm afraid I don't know if Hannahs hair was used for anything.
Here's the beautiful girl...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110718_130503.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110718_130503.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 75
What a beautiful girl.

Back