Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

skinnydawn said:
Go away!!! ;)

Ok ok I give in.....

Come back!!!

But leave your flipping spinach behind! :p

Oh no.

You get me AND my spinach, or neither.

I'm sticking up for the spinach of this world.

Don't you want to look like Popeye then Dawn? :D

Dawn

Hannah, and her whole family, sound remarkable. It must be hard for them to cope with losing a child at such an early age. Your stresses this year seem to be mounting up!

TT2day - you do know that chopping on a granite surface ruins your knife don't you? And I don't just mean it blunts it - it actually knackers the blade! I've never been sure why they are sold.

I've always wanted granite worktops but could never afford it in the UK. They are sooooooo expensive. But I got one when we had the kitchen done here as they are about 1/3 of the price. But a word of advice. If you are house proud (and I know you are) black or navy ones are almost impossible to keep looking good, especially if you have hard water - and I know you do in Northampton. I had a black one installed and I regret that decision. It shows every spot of dried water, every streak and to keep it looking even OK then it has to be cleaned and polished every time you use it!!! Suffice to say it doesn't get that level of attention after 4 years - although it did for about the first 12 months!
Picture attached for your delight and delectation.
And no - the tiling above the top cupboards isn't wonky - the ceiling has a big slope on it.
49842-albums3274-picture19405.jpg

Hi Pommette,

Your kitchen is gorgeous!!! :jelous:

Thank you for posting that. Quite a few people have said that the granite shows up watermarks etc...:(
And I really had my heart set on it :cry: I think we'll just have to have a good look round and see what's available. I suppose it doesn't have to be granite, but it does have to be black!!! ;)

So I just wont do any cooking then I can't spoil it!!! :D

Simples!!! :rotflmao:

lol I like it Dawn, I wonder if i can get away with that lol

Hi Dawn

Hope you dont mind me popping in to say hi. I have read through all of this thread and i have laughed and cried.
So sorry to hear about your dad, i know how it feels to loose someone so important to you, i lost my grandad to cancer when i was 7 years old, my nan died last year, she had cancer but that never killed her she had a cardiac arrest while being transfered to a ward and they only realised a while after. It took 3 attempts to bring her back and was rushed straight to intensive care where she was put on a ventilater. She had severe brain damage from her cardiac arrest, they tried waking her up and taking her off the ventilater to see if she would breath for herself but she deteriorated and they took her up on a ward and the only thing they could do was make her comfortable. My other nan which at present is still with me has cancer, she is starting to deteriorate now and i love her so much it hurts to see her going that way. I can understand how you feel.

Eny ways, i am on the slimming world diet at the moment and am doing well, ive had no cravings for any bad foods which is good for me.

Take care x

Hello Tracy :wavey:

I'm so sorry to hear that cancer has affected your family so badly :patback:. What an unforgiving, dreadful disease it is :( Your Nan is very lucky to have such a loving grand daughter like you, who obviously cares so much xx.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and to post a comment too :thankyou: It never ceases to amaze me that anyone should find anything interesting enough to read about here :zz:...but then I LOVE reading other peoples diaries too...!!! :confused: Have you got one btw...?

Well done on sticking to the sw diet hunni :0clapper: It's certainly not easy when other things are not going so well in in your life, but it can be done. And I promise you there's no better support to be found anywhere than on this website :grouphugg: It's lovely that it's not just food issues that are discussed on here.

Hope you'll stay in touch Tracy xx

Big hugs to you and Nan :hug99:

Hi Dawn

I’ve just been having a nosey on your diary.
First of all I wanted to say how sorry I am about your dad. I would also like to say it’s a credit to you that you have managed to stick with SW with everything you’ve been through. You are a truly inspirational lady.

Your friends sound amazing. Having lost family members to both cancer and leukaemia I do believe that although they are similar diseases they are also totally different. Leukaemia was the last tragedy in our family and at the time my daughter also raised money for charity. She was only 12 but I think it gave her some control back. All the family loses control and feels totally helpless during these times so I can understand the head shaving for charity.

The first page I clicked on to was the first picture of your puppy and she is gorgeous. Then it was a picture of the roulade and I couldn’t decide which I wanted most - the puppy or the roulade. Then there were more pictures of the puppy and I’ve finally decided I want the puppy :)

The advice you’ve been given regarding training the puppy is spot on. The only thing I would add is even though your door is open, go outside with your pup and praise her every time she has a wee. Puppies love company and if she goes out and you stay inside she won’t like it.

You will be able to read the signs that she’s gonna have a wee in no time. At first I got confused with the crouching for a wee and the crouching to sit down but there are slight differences that you will pick up on.

The only other thing I would add is to regularly send photos back to the breeder. We have had one litter of pups and we kept one. The other two I hear from all the time and it puts my mind at rest to know they are safe :) It’s also funny to see that sometimes they look like their mum and sometimes their dad.

How’s the name coming on. Of all the names mentioned I like Suki best.

Sorry I’ve waffled on so much :eek:

Hi Tillymax :D

Thanks so much for your lovely post xx

I have seen you on some other threads, and I have to admit some of your posts have really made me giggle, so it's great to see you here :D

I've yet to find anyone who hasn't been touched in some way by cancer :hug99: I'm very sorry to hear about your family members, but well done on your daughter for getting fundraising at such a young age :happy096:

I'm glad you settled on the puppy lol!!! Although the roulade IS rather yummy too! Thanks for all the good advice on the toilet training etc...I just can't wait to get her now! Although I don't mind admitting I'm actually a teeny bit nervous. :eek:

Hey bestie, my diary has relocated to the silver members section, hope you still visit even though i've defected xxxxx

Haha...you don't escape me that easily bestie...;)

I'll find you xx

Hi folks,

How's everyone's Tuesday been??

Mine's been good, work ok, nice food...that's about it really!!!

Todays food

28g bran flakes (part B)
250ml ss milk (A)

ryvita (part B)
28g philly (1.5)
chicken salad
salad cream (3)
yoghurt
apple
banana

chicken stir fry
soy sauce
sweet chilli sauce (2)
new pots
yoghurt

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 8.5

I'd like to ask you all to have a look at this youtube video of Hannah having her head shaved, and if you could 'like' it, that would be fab. :thankyou: It would be really great to get as many hits as possible for her...I think she deserves it :worthy:

This is the website...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8wypZEYFR0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

and here's a photo of the family with Vicki and me, taken on Sunday xx

Attachments

• Cartwright family visit.jpg
    Cartwright family visit.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 35
Ok Dawn. I just need to make a few adjustments to your food for today:

Todays food

28g spinach flakes (part B)
250ml ss spinach (A)

spinach (part B)
28g spinach (1.5)
spinach salad
spinach cream (3)
yoghurt (spinach flavour)
spinach
spinach

spinach stir fry
spinach sauce
sweet spinach sauce (2)
new spinach
spinach yoghurt

options hot spinach (2)

Total syns:- 8.5

There. That's better.

Dawn, I have been missing out on all your diary action! You're too popular!

Firstly that is a very sad story about the family whose son died. What a gorgeous girl who shaved her head for him and how brave she is particularly at that age where people are usually at their most self conscious.

Also that's a lovely family photo!! You look ace.

As for your kitchen surface I don't know anything about granite but I know my mum went for this granite "effect" surface for her kitchen that isn't shiny. It looks really lovely and don't think it's difficult to clean. I suppose when you see the right thing for your kitchen you will know. How lovely to be doing nice things to your house though :)

X

Ok Dawn. I just need to make a few adjustments to your food for today:

There. That's better.

Ok ok...you win again :sigh:

Here's breakfast for tomorrow...

Attachments

• spinach.jpg
    spinach.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 37
And lunch...

Attachments

• spinach.jpg
    spinach.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 15
And...DINNER!!!...

Is that better? :rotflmao:

Attachments

• spinach.jpg
    spinach.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 18
Dawn, I have been missing out on all your diary action! You're too popular!

Firstly that is a very sad story about the family whose son died. What a gorgeous girl who shaved her head for him and how brave she is particularly at that age where people are usually at their most self conscious.

Also that's a lovely family photo!! You look ace.

As for your kitchen surface I don't know anything about granite but I know my mum went for this granite "effect" surface for her kitchen that isn't shiny. It looks really lovely and don't think it's difficult to clean. I suppose when you see the right thing for your kitchen you will know. How lovely to be doing nice things to your house though :)

X

Thanks Jules xx

I've waited quite a while for these work tops so I won't rush into anything...half the fun is nosing around the shops and having the salesmen falling over themselves to sell you something!!! :rotflmao:

Back