Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hey Dawn

Sorry I've been such a rubbish Online friend (is it ok to call you that?) and disappeared for a bit, but tough luck I'm back!!

Congratulations on your awesome loss!! :))

And really hope your brother comes out the other side ok - hopefully the holiday will sort him out a little bit!

Hannah xx

Hi Hannah!!! :)

Long time no see!!! :p

I'm really glad you're back! :D

Auntie Dawny will get you on the straight and narrow again lol...:asskick:

Hey Dawn

Well done on the loss this week - superstar!

How was the sin-free chinese and wine!? My fav SW meal! lol's!
xxx

Hi Dawn- I hadn't forgotten about the ashes scattering but fell into the latter category and didn't want to say anything.

Sorry to hear that it didn't happen and hope your brother is okay and his hols helps.

Really hope all okay for your brother. Thinking of you sweetie and sending lots of hugs (((hugs))) xxxxxxxxx

Hope your brother is okay :hug99:

Hope you brother is ok Dawn you know where we all are if you need us xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dawn, sorry to hear you have had a rough afternoon, hope you are enjoying your night out x sarah x

And really hope your brother comes out the other side ok - hopefully the holiday will sort him out a little bit!

Hannah xx

:hug99: <--- from me to you
x

Hi Dawn,
Sorry to hear something horrible has happened yet again to your family. Hope your brother is ok and is able to work through the difficult times.
Take care. Have a nice weekend x

Hope your brother is o.k., poor you, it's one thing after another:(

:grouphugg:

Just wanted to say thanks for these lovely messages guys xx
Brother is doing ok, I think work is organising counselling for when he comes back from hols if he needs it. I feel rotten for only giving half a story when you're all so supportive, but as the police are involved I just can't say any more x

((hugs)) sweetie for you and your brother. Whatever it is it must have been nasty and not nice... So sorry yu seem to be having such a time of it lately ((hugs))

How many sleeps until you get that adorable puppy? xxxx

Thanks Jackie x

Well actually we don't have an exact date for picking little pup up, but it's 3 weeks to go until she's 8 weeks old so I'm hoping that if all is well we will be able to collect her then!!! :D

Ooh my heart starts pounding when I think about her lol!!! ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for these lovely messages guys xx
Brother is doing ok, I think work is organising counselling for when he comes back from hols if he needs it. I feel rotten for only giving half a story when you're all so supportive, but as the police are involved I just can't say any more x

We dont need to know the full story you just need to know that we are all here for you!!

3 weeks till puppy awww i really want a new one tried to talk the hubby round yesterday but a got a striaght NO! Perhaps I should just come home with one and see what happens lol

xxxxxx

We dont need to know the full story you just need to know that we are all here for you!!:grouphugg:

3 weeks till puppy awww i really want a new one tried to talk the hubby round yesterday but a got a straight NO! Perhaps I should just come home with one and see what happens as hes a big softy for a cute animal like me! lol

xxxxxx
:doggy::kitty:

Hi Guys,

Had a really great time last night at the buffet! :17729: I got picked up by Abbie and Shell and we got there around 7.45pm. The place was absolutely packed out but we had a big table near a wall so it was ok.

The food was superb as always. I really couldn't tell you all that I had...I just kept piling stuff on my plate that I thought I'd like! I did have crispy duck pancakes, chicken curry, sweet and sour something, crispy beef in something, pork chops in honey, egg fried rice, pineapple fried rice, salt and pepper chicken, chicken skewer, sesame toast, beef satay...to name a few :rolleyes:

Then, I had peach gateau and cream, chocolate profiteroles, a pineapple fritter, banana mousse...and to top it all I just HAD to dive into the chocolate fountain with a marshmallow kebeb!!! :8855:

But I DID only have one glass of wine!!! :innocent0002:

So...flexi day do you think??? :whistle:

Attachments

• DSCF1260.jpg
    DSCF1260.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF1254.jpg
    DSCF1254.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 66
  • abbie and dawn.jpg
    abbie and dawn.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 53
  • hayleys leaving do 2.jpg
    hayleys leaving do 2.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
We dont need to know the full story you just need to know that we are all here for you!!:grouphugg:

3 weeks till puppy awww i really want a new one tried to talk the hubby round yesterday but a got a straight NO! Perhaps I should just come home with one and see what happens as hes a big softy for a cute animal like me! lol

xxxxxx
:doggy::kitty:

Aww Shenzi, what a shame :cry:
I must admit we did have a good talk about whether to have another dog when we lost our Sophie, and Gwyn really wanted to wait a while before getting one, which was fine. But he knew how much it meant to me, and I'm so glad we're getting this lovely little pup :D We've had almost 6 months without any pets, and whilst life is definitely easier, quieter, and less messy...it's just not the same :sigh: Mind you, ask me again in a few weeks time when she's wee'd all over the carpets and chewed my slippers and I might be saying something completely different!!! :eek:

Hi Guys,

Had a really great time last night at the buffet! :17729: I got picked up by Abbie and Shell and we got there around 7.45pm. The place was absolutely packed out but we had a big table near a wall so it was ok.

The food was superb as always. I really couldn't tell you all that I had...I just kept piling stuff on my plate that I thought I'd like! I did have crispy duck pancakes, chicken curry, sweet and sour something, crispy beef in something, pork chops in honey, egg fried rice, pineapple fried rice, salt and pepper chicken, chicken skewer, sesame toast, beef satay...to name a few :rolleyes:

Then, I had peach gateau and cream, chocolate profiteroles, a pineapple fritter, banana mousse...and to top it all I just HAD to dive into the chocolate fountain with a marshmallow kebeb!!! :8855:

But I DID only have one glass of wine!!! :innocent0002:

I think thats one day for the line to be drawn dawn

The last thing I have to say is Bloody Hell! but at least you got your monies worth! xxx

Aww Shenzi, what a shame :cry:
I must admit we did have a good talk about whether to have another dog when we lost our Sophie, and Gwyn really wanted to wait a while before getting one, which was fine. But he knew how much it meant to me, and I'm so glad we're getting this lovely little pup :D We've had almost 6 months without any pets, and whilst life is definitely easier, quieter, and less messy...it's just not the same :sigh: Mind you, ask me again in a few weeks time when she's wee'd all over the carpets and chewed my slippers and I might be saying something completely different!!! :eek:

You have just reminded me why Pete keeps saying no to me ive suddenly been transported back 2.5 years with the projectile diahorria up the walls, do not want that again! And the newspaper ripping apart and my door frame chewing :eek:

But then on the other hand i remember her hiding behind the toilet crying in the middle of the night because she couldnt find her mummy awwww :rolleyes:

I think thats one day for the line to be drawn dawn

The last thing I have to say is Bloody Hell! but at least you got your monies worth! xxx

PMSL!!! :8855:

Wow Dawn, you look amazing in those photos. Knitting club indeed! What was I thinking? Apart from skinny, you look all glowy and healthy (was it just the one glass?). ;)

Love Pomooky xxx

Wow Dawn, you look amazing in those photos. Knitting club indeed! What was I thinking? Apart from skinny, you look all glowy and healthy (was it just the one glass?). ;)

Love Pomooky xxx

TBH Pomooky ... these days one glass is all it takes lol!!! ;) The older I get, the less I can drink!

Ooh...thanks for the compliments hunni btw :flowers:

Last edited:
Hi everyone :D

How's your Saturday been? xx

I've had quite a lazy day really. Didn't get up till late after taking a cup of tea back to bed for gorgeous hubby and me.

We did a bit of pottering in the garden, and went shopping to get some bird seed.

This afternoon I switched between watching Columbo on tv and nosing through minis...perfect!

And then I cooked tea which turned out very nice, even if I do say so myself!

Todays Food Green Day

2 x wm toast (B)
250mls ss milk (A - used for drinks etc)

minimums lentil & bacon soup (2 cos synning the bacon on green)
yoghurt

cauliflower and broccoli cheesy bake (A)
sw chips
sweetcorn
tom sauce (2)
wine (8)
roulade

hi fi bar (B)

Total syns:- 12

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday ladies and Maximus :wavey:

Attachments

• DSCF1261.jpg
    DSCF1261.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1262.jpg
    DSCF1262.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 80
That cheesey bake looks delish Dawn!

Trouble is with my cooking anything like that it's very difficult to get a correct calorie count ... am soo fussy about being precise as the odd few here and there can soon mount up. Not that it's a precise thing in the first place...... :D

Often wonder about people's idea of getting up late. My sister gets up at 8am and calls that late!! ... :rolleyes:

Hope things are going well in your world!..:)

. . .
Er - absolutely!!!! It's even better that my misdemeanours on Thursday night, and that was bad enough. :eat:

I see there was one man surrounded by all you lovely ladies. Lucky man to have so many beautiful chicas around him. What was the night out for? Something special?

Seriously though, regarding wine and quantity required to get tiddly.
Age certainly has something to do with it, but I also find that since I've been doing SW it's been a lot worse. 2 reasons I think:
1. Because I'm eating less carbs and fats there's nothing to help soak it up !!!
2. As I don't drink as much any more (too many syns) my body just can't take it!

3 small glasses is about my limit now. I'm on my 3rd now and surprised that my brain is still functioning - although I do have to keep correcting my spelling !!!

That cheesey bake looks delish Dawn!

Trouble is with my cooking anything like that it's very difficult to get a correct calorie count ... am soo fussy about being precise as the odd few here and there can soon mount up. Not that it's a precise thing in the first place...... :D

Often wonder about people's idea of getting up late. My sister gets up at 8am and calls that late!! ... :rolleyes:

Hope things are going well in your world!..:)

Good point Emmaline! Well we got up around 9.30, and when I'm working I get up around 6.45 so that's a lie in for me!

I suppose calorie counting is a bit more precise than the syns I have to count. That's probably why you get on so well with it as you're very much a 'figures' person aren't you...whereas I'm a complete numpty when it comes to numbers :rolleyes:

Evening dawn your tea looks very yummy ..... Any chance of the recipe please :) thanks sarah x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back