Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hiya,
Just catching up on your little world from the past few days. That brocolli/cauliflower dish looks lush. Have noted the recipe down and think I will give it a shot at some point.
I wouldnt worry about the 2lb. Just be sensible and hopefully it'll come off. Your body will fluctuate weight throughout the week anyway.
What did you decide on for dinner in the end?
x

Ooh hi Penny!!

Thanks for that, I really shouldn't weigh at home but I'm obsessed!!!

I went for the omelette in the end :D But it was HUGE and stuffed with ham, mushrooms and onions, and I had a big plate of salad too! And a yoghurt :rolleyes: And now I'm SERIOUSLY stuffed! :eek:

ohh what a lovely reply. Thank you so much ((Hugs)) Your words have meant alot.

I hit the +3 st mark a good few weeks ago, and have been too scared to get on the scales since. Every attempt i make to wean myself off the chocolates and cake dailey, fail. I just cannot do it. I think part of it is mostly down to the 'all or nothing' way of thinking.. and tbh i think without that way of thinking theres no way you can get to target in the first place.. else youd be having constant slips- if you know what i mean?.. i am very proud of what i did, what i achieved. It always seemed the impossible and my only regret is not fully enjoying my new body when i had it. I took my pre-pregnancy jeans out of the cupboard today, just to peak at. Curiosity i suppose and i was shocked. I couldnt believe how small they were, i remember thinking they still looked so big when i actually fitted in them- with no breathing in! lol .. and now they look like pixie clothing, i couldnt even get a leg in. Not that i expected to slide them over my arse at 8 months pregnant.. im not really sure what i expected. It made me feel quite sad, quite dissapointed in myself and and embaressed. I must admit my first thought was 'i'l never get in these again'

I suppose what you must remember, to anyone else who may be reading this- i do love being pregnant (despite the HORRID sickness for the first 5, yes 5 months) but when you have deep emotional eating problems, which as you say im sure 99% of us suffer and can identify with.. 8 months pregnant or not... from face to boob, and lady garden to feet.. i just see a fat person again. I see the double chin that has returned, my arms that bothered me SO much before are back.. my boobs have exploded back to the size they were when i was at my heaviest, and my milk is yet to come in- my wide bum and my huge wobbely thighs.. i cant fit my calves into my old boots right now which was always one of my things- i could never find boots when i was fat :( .. and even my toes are chubby again! .... but then i look at my bump, and my stretch marks.. and i remember how beautiful this moment is, how it will all be over too soon and i will not get to experiance this again for a very long time (i hope lol!) and how incredibly lucky i am, and how proud i am of myself that i actually have a bump.. and im not just still the big fat girl i was before, that you would have never have been able to tell i were pregnant untill now if i were still that size. its incredibly hard not to let it all play on your mind.

ohhh i am rambeling and this isnt even my diary! sorry!

.. now i didnt read through all your diary, but i guess from the way you talk of your wonderful dad that he is no longer with you? if so i am terribly sorry.. and you should be incredibly proud of how well your doing! your clearly an inspiration to many on here and i am so glad to have found your diary. I will be sticking around if thats ok!!!

xx

Evening all - hope all is well with you all?

Hi Dawn and Fern
Just really enjoyed reading your posts, its so incredible that i dont know either of you, we would be strangers in the street but i feel like i understand what you say and how you feel better that i can talk / understand and identify with people i have known for years! Its surreal really but i truly believe, as you said Dawn that this forum is the key to success, it has certainly made a difference for me this time, especially with smoking x am looking forward to reading about both of your new arrivals very soon x x sarah x x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Dawn :superwoman:, I dont know how you do it but your words always manage to hit a nerve with me even when its not meant at me! You have such great advice for all around here, and to be honest I am so glad that i found you on here and you take the time to read my diary listen and offer kinds words when i need them and also :whoopass: when needed.

Im sure others will agree with me when i say a big thank you, your a fantastic person and an inspiration to us all.

Sorry for :blahblah: :blahblah: on your diary again i could ramble on forever!

Oh by the way Dinner sounded lush im looking forward to my breakfast now as thats what i will be having i love mushrooms could eat them all day every day! :D

My goodness Fern!

I totally identify with EVERYTHING you say!

From the flabby arms ( my nan used to call them bat wings ) to the calves that are too big to fit into boots! I'm right there with you hunni!

And then the wonder of pulling out a pair of trousers, thinking there's NO WAY those trollies are EVER gonna fit...but they DO!!! :bliss:

It really IS a rollercoaster :rolleyes:

You just need to hang on to those good feelings that you had pre bump, and remind yourself how blooming good you felt, and you'll be fine! I'm so glad you're celebrating your 'baby body' though. Like you say, it'll probably be a while before you're like this again! One other thing you do need to remember is that your body wont be the same after having baby, despite what all the makers of magic creams and potions claim!!! They're LIARS lol!!! And don't be fooled by the likes of Katie Price etc who seem to look perfect just 20 minutes after giving birth...I'd airbrush out all MY stretch marks and cellulite too if I could!

I've just subscribed to your thread hunni so we can keep in touch. I'm off to bed now but I shall be on my moby for a while and I'll make reading your diary the first thing I do.

Take care xx

Hello Dawn! Hope you've had a good Monday! :) x

Ok...so I haven't gone to bed cos I'm all teary eyed from your lovely posts :eek:

You guys really are the best...thank you xxx

:sign0168:

Dawn,

I have just spent 30 mins catching up on just over a weeks worth of posting. So sorry for my absence :(

A few comments:

Hope your brother is doing ok. Whatever happened sounds awful. I hope you're coping ok with the upset too.

How lovely of Shirley to give you a gift. Take your time to choose what you want and what a lovely memory you will have for your Dad.

Fantastic loss last week. You are just such a superstar. I am going to try and take a leaf out of your book because I have been rubbish recently.

Loved the pictures of the puppy AND the spinach :D

And finally (because my memory is failing me on my phone !) I agree with Bev, please think about ditching some of your posse because I can't keep up ;)

Big hugs from (an absent but very fond) friend,

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

P.S. GO TO BED.........;)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Ooh Gail!!!

Hellooooo! Really great to hear from you! Xx

I have to admit I've tried to avoid posting too much on your diary. Not because I didn't want to talk to you but I was worried in case you felt obliged to reply and I know you're up to your eyeballs with work atm.

My food week has been good (apart from the Chinese buffet but we won't dwell on that ;) ) but I'm still annoyed to be showing a 2lb gain atm :(. Hoping to get it off by Thursday!!!

Take care xx

JimofTroy said:
Uh oh.
Major gooeyness alert.

I think we need the Jim treatment here again!

Hehehehehehehehehe!

I wondered how long it would be before you sniffed out some niceness lol!!!

Don't worry. I'm ok. Just missing everyone here :(. I weighed in a day early this week because I was going away for the weekend. Today I was 4.5 lbs up from Saturday - eeeek ! Ah well, I deserve that so I am focused now and just carrying on as usual. Actually I think I needed that wake up call. So 11 syns today and even though tomorrow is likely to still be pretty bad, this is me for now !!

I'm up to date with you now though so watch out ;)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well I'm glad we've caught up again xx Seems ages since we had a proper natter!
Actually, why don't I give u a call in a few days? Can't believe I didn't think of that before!! I'll sort out a convenient time when your not working xx

Be good! And watch out for Jim...she's on the hunt for any unnecessary niceness...or was it spinach...? Xx

Another identifier here - bat wings , wobbly thighs and tum - the lot.

The only one I can't identify with is the calves. Well actually I can - as I've always had big calves. Dancing, gymnastics, ice skating and lots of other sport to blame. Even at my lowest adult weight (9st 5) I couldn't get a pair of boots to fit.
Or ski boots either - had to get special ones and they cost an arm and a leg.

Part of the problem is that I have tiddly feet forr my height and they think you should have tiddly calves to go with it. I really only take size 4 if I can get a wide enough fitting otherwise I make to with a size 5. Been wearing ankle boots since the 70's when they weren't even fashionable!

Sounds good Dawn. I'm out every night this week but around on Saturday if that's any good ?

Bev, I have all those bits plus a few more !! I have never even tried to get knee high boots because there would have been no point. However in more recent years they have made ladies ski boots which are more generously fitted - a godsend as the hire ones used to kill me. I stopped skiing though when I put on weight but I'm considering giving it another go now.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Morning folks xx

Thought I'd have a little pootle on here for 5 mins before I hit the shower. I'm hoping to register at hubbys doctors this mornin as its a lot closer than mine, and they seem very good. Dad was,under them too, and Shirley is, and it would be handy to not have to go to the other side of town.

Bev - you certainly used to do a lot of sport didn't u? I used to horse ride a bit until I had a bad accident.
Gail - Saturday night is fine by me I think. As long as I dont fall asleep on the settee which is something I have a tendency to do these days!

Hope both you ladies have a lovely Tuesday xx

just been reading some of your diary, you're such an inspiration ..
well done for losing 4 stones, especially with all the sad events that have been going on in your like- youve spured me on to re-join sw this saturday .. i was putting it off until start aug, but theres no time like the present .. i WANT one of those shiny weight loss ticker things on my diary lol X

Back