Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

pjallen1982 said:
Ooooh roulade with syn free lemon curd. Now this does sound good. Verdict? pictures? free samples? xxx

Hi Penny,
I only took this piccy on my fone just in time cos the greedy so and so's demolished it! And Andrew wouldn't let me roll it up into a roulade! He wanted it like a cake! It was nice though and made a nice change from the sweeter fruit roulade as the lemon curd is really tangy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110726_201905.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110726_201905.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 30
Hello Dawn. I really enjoyed reading your diary.. you are an inspiration to me having done so well. I joined last week after reagaining all the weight I lost earlier this year. Im so glad I found this site as its buzzing and so motivating

Hi there dmboanas :wavey:

Thanks for reading! :thankyou: I'm afraid my diary is getting sooo long now lol! But then I HAVE been here for a while! :rolleyes:

That's bad luck on regaining your weight hunni :( You're definitely not alone though as I think you'll find quite a lot of us here have lost weight previously only to put it back on again :sigh:

But congratulations on making the decision to tackle it again, and for choosing THE best diet plan going, imo of course lol! ;)

And you'll find so much help on this site ... recipes, tips, advice, moral support...you name it, it's right here :grouphugg:

I don't know if you've started a diary yet but I totally recommend it as it's a massive motivational tool. And it helps if you post your food on it so others can comment and offer ideas. Make sure you put your diary web address on the bottom of your signature so it's easy for people to find you :D

Good luck with everything hun and I hope you'll stay in touch :)

Hi Penny,
I only took this piccy on my fone just in time cos the greedy so and so's demolished it! And Andrew wouldn't let me roll it up into a roulade! He wanted it like a cake! It was nice though and made a nice change from the sweeter fruit roulade as the lemon curd is really tangy!
Oooh that looks tasty. Was it nice? So is that 2 roulades or just one mixture sliced across? Gosh I want some now. Yum yum x

Dawn - hope you don't mind but just had an Oundle policeman on the phone warning of a cross-eyed burglar doing the rounds in Northants.

Apparently, if you see him looking in your window, PLEASE WARN YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR.

Thanks

Carry on "ladies"

Stevie-from-the-village:D

Oooh that looks tasty. Was it nice? So is that 2 roulades or just one mixture sliced across? Gosh I want some now. Yum yum x

It was pretty good Penny :Dxx

Infact Andrew preferred it to the fruit/quark mixture I usually put inside it. Everyone had seconds, and Vicky licked the bowl that I made the lemon curd in lol! :rolleyes:

It was just the normal roulade recipe, made in the normal way, and then just cut in half.

I don't know if you've made the lemon curd before, but I'll pop the recipe on here for you...

Lemon curd syn free

3 - 4 heaped table spoons sweetener (depending on personal taste)
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2 - 3 tablespoons fromage frais - this is optional tbh. Add it if you want your curd to be more like a cream eg. for inside a cake. Also useful if you don't want it to be too tangy!

In a bowl suitable for resting over a simmering pan, place grated rind and sweetener.
In a separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together then pour into first bowl.
Place bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring continuously until thickened (I used a whisk to stir gently) which only takes a few minutes.
When cool, add fromage frais if using, whisking gently until smooth.

Stores for 5 days in fridge

Dawn - hope you don't mind but just had an Oundle policeman on the phone warning of a cross-eyed burglar doing the rounds in Northants.

Apparently, if you see him looking in your window, PLEASE WARN YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR.

Thanks

Carry on "ladies"

Stevie-from-the-village:D

LOL!! (well...nearly! ;) )

Not bad Stevie Boy, not bad at all!!!

And there was me thinking Bad Jokes Anon had gone into liquidation...:8855:

Not quite liquidation...more like receivership. It means they are non-profit making and never quite as funny.

How can you eat lemon curd and not gain weight?

I reckon Harry Potter makes your recipes Dawniepops:p

Not quite liquidation...more like receivership. It means they are non-profit making and never quite as funny.

How can you eat lemon curd and not gain weight?

I reckon Harry Potter makes your recipes Dawniepops:p

Ah, well, you see it isn't really MY recipe Stevie Babe... I just fancied a change and thought I remembered a syn free recipe on here for lemon curd. So I found it and tweaked it to suit :D

Still worrying about wi Thursday though...just seem to be stuck atm :confused: I was well over syns on Friday night but I normally absorb that ok and still lose...but this week it's sooo slow! I'm thinking a sts might be the best I can hope for! :fingerscrossed:

Evening all xx :D

Wow! It's a busy night on here tonight! I love it when there's lots of peeps to talk to!!! :blahblah:

I've had a very nice day, got loads done.

Firstly we went to get me registered at Gwyns doctors which was very easy and sorted in a few minutes. They asked me to go on a machine in there which measures your height, weight, bmi, blood pressure and heart rate! Well...it was quite interesting. I found out I'm actually half an inch taller than I thought I was :D The only snag with that is that it means I need to lose a it more weight than i thought to get a decent bmi!!! :rolleyes:

After the doctors, we went to the bank to pay Shirleys cheque in (aka my new kitchen worktops :) ) and then headed home to get some housework and cooking done. A friend from work came round to pick up our old rabbit run as they've just bought their little boy a new bunny.

While I was getting dinner ready, I got an email from our breeder to say our little pup's running around any playing, and included a new photo. She's just too cute for words!!!

Dinner was absolutely lovely ... creamy tagliatelle with chicken (hadn't got any ham) which was from the sw extra easy meals in minutes cook book. YUMMY! I'll post a piccy in a min.

Todays food

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (.5 A)

ryvita (rest of B)
salmon
salad cream (2)
yogurt (1)
apple

sw tagliatelle (3 as I used fresh pasta)
mushrooms
chicken
mange tout
salad
salad cream (3)
sw roulade & lemon curd

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 11

Attachments

• pollys puppies 005 (1) - Copy.jpg
    pollys puppies 005 (1) - Copy.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 29
Sw Tagliatelle

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110726_225833.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110726_225833.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
That's why i come to your diary dawn two of my favourite things gorgeous little Puppies and luscious looking food its heavenly! X

Awww puppy looks adorable!!! I showed my Mum the other photos of her?? earlier! She said she is very very cute too! And she also loved the look of your roulade too!!! Says it looked very yummy and we will have to try it! :) Hehe!

Your dinner looks lush too!!

xxx

That's why i come to your diary dawn two of my favourite things gorgeous little Puppies and luscious looking food its heavenly! X

Hahaha...thanks ladies!!!

I'm so in love with that little puppy already! At the same time, I'm trying to push the problems that poor Michelle (Mini mum) is having with her puppy to the back of my head!!!

Hannah:) said:
I now feel intrigued to go and read about Michelle's puppy - How exciting that your getting a puppy! She/he is absolutely adorable and i'm sure your have lots of fun even if she is trouble and think of all the body magic with the walkies!!

Hi Hannah! How are you?!!!

Michelle has this adorable little boxer puppy called Daisy who's as good as gold all day but cries most of the night and keeps the whole family up. The advice she's been given is really to just grin and bear it until the pup gets fed up and stops...not an easy thing to do :(

So of course I'm a bit worried that we'll probably have to go through the same thing :(

Dawnie - She is starting to look a lot more like a fluffy Shih Tzu should. Adorable!

You are also going to have to stop posting your dinner pics on here as I would now like the recipe for the creamy sauce for tagliatelle please. Can't get the SW books here and no way will I pay double the price for them on eBay! Looks scrummy and I am a pasta fiend!

Last edited:
thanks

thanks for noseing at my diary .. not exactly exciting reading but just helps me just to put my thoughts down :)
dont know why i put joining sw on saturday its actually thursday .. cant wait, was a bad move counting calories as i kind of know how sw plan works should have got straight on it
ee is new since i was last a member, is this a good plan to follow - sound too good to be true, i used to love green days but will be great to combine the two! :)

Your little doggie does look soo sweet Dawn, would just love to have one like that.... :sigh:

The howling at night bit reminds me of when we got our toy poodle when the children were young. OH said on no account was it coming into our bedroom but after a couple of hours of persistent howling on the first night he was only too pleased to let it upstairs where it spent every night on the foot of our bed!
It was a pedigree poodle which was titled but we called him Pompom.

Have a nice day...:)

Bonjour!! (practising my language skills!!!)

Ahh - the puppy is ADORABLE! sooo sweet! Bet you cant wait now hun?
Bless you finding out you are 1/2 inch taller! lol! My OH claims to be taller than he is - so the other week I got the measuring tape out and we measured him against the wall like you would a child! I won, he wasnt the height he claimed!! :)

Good luck for tomorrow sweets, as someone else said - even if it is an STS, then that is still great, shows that you can go out, have an ace meal and drinks and pull it back in the week to balance out. I will try and check how you get on from my iphone while gazing at the Eiffel Tower ;)

Speak soon hunni xxx

Back