Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

It was pretty good Penny :Dxx

Infact Andrew preferred it to the fruit/quark mixture I usually put inside it. Everyone had seconds, and Vicky licked the bowl that I made the lemon curd in lol! :rolleyes:

It was just the normal roulade recipe, made in the normal way, and then just cut in half.

I don't know if you've made the lemon curd before, but I'll pop the recipe on here for you...

Lemon curd syn free

3 - 4 heaped table spoons sweetener (depending on personal taste)
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2 - 3 tablespoons fromage frais - this is optional tbh. Add it if you want your curd to be more like a cream eg. for inside a cake. Also useful if you don't want it to be too tangy!

In a bowl suitable for resting over a simmering pan, place grated rind and sweetener.
In a separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together then pour into first bowl.
Place bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring continuously until thickened (I used a whisk to stir gently) which only takes a few minutes.
When cool, add fromage frais if using, whisking gently until smooth.

Stores for 5 days in fridge

Oooh my Mum loves lemony things so maybe I will make this to pick her up when I get a chance. Yum Yum Yum. Thanks x

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for the lemon curd recipe. You are like my recipe dealer.

That will come in really handy anyway as the other day I saw a really lovely pud made on Aussie Masterchef that I think would be really good and could be made SW.

It was a stack of mini pancakes (which you could make using the pancake recipe on the SW website) cut into little circles using rings. In between each pancake was lemon curd (could use syn free recipe) and some kind of raspberry sauce but I would just use fresh raspberries. Then on top of the stack was a pile of meringue which she blowtorched but you could grill it instead.

I think it could be a really lovely dessert for friends coming over xxxx

OMG the puppy is looking so beautiful, I bet you can't wait for all those lovely cuddles xxx
When do you go to collect her?

Hi Hannah! How are you?!!!

Michelle has this adorable little boxer puppy called Daisy who's as good as gold all day but cries most of the night and keeps the whole family up. The advice she's been given is really to just grin and bear it until the pup gets fed up and stops...not an easy thing to do :(

So of course I'm a bit worried that we'll probably have to go through the same thing :(

If you do, try a wine bottle filled with warm water and an alarm clock (the kind that ticks) under her blanket, worked a treat with one of ours - or the radio on quietly...:)

I'm not getting boring yet, am I?

Just let me know.

Well it made me laugh again

Me too! :D

OMG the puppy is looking so beautiful, I bet you can't wait for all those lovely cuddles xxx
When do you go to collect her?

Hi Lynne,

we haven't got a proper date yet but we should be picking her up around August 14th!
Can't wait!!! :D

If you do, try a wine bottle filled with warm water and an alarm clock (the kind that ticks) under her blanket, worked a treat with one of ours - or the radio on quietly...:)

Oh Bess...thanks for the tips! :thankyou:

And I get to drink a bottle of wine too!!! ;)

I didn't know, or have any advice on what to do when we picked up our puppy.
But having an hours long car journey with him we took a small box lined with a cwtchy towel, Kates' idea ;)
We tried to keep him in the box on the journer home, but he kept nipping me, so I ended up cuddling him all the way home.....bonding complete, and I became his human mammy....xxx

Hi ladies, and Steve if you're still about :wavey:

Quick post tonight as work tomorrow :sigh:

Been busy today cooking for tomorrows taster evening at wi. There isn't really a theme as such, so I've just made a roulade (now THERES a surprise ;) ) and coronation chicken. I decided on these dishes cos I can just make them and leave them in the fridge, and grab them on my way from work to wi.

So todays food is pretty much the same as yesterdays as I had some leftovers to use up!!!

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (part B)
125ml ss milk (part A)

ryvita (rest of B)
salmon
salad cream (2)
banana

sw chicken tagliatelle (3)
21g half fat cheese (rest of A)
salad
salad cream (2)
sw banana & coffee mousse
squirty cream (1)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:- 10

I didn't know, or have any advice on what to do when we picked up our puppy.
But having an hours long car journey with him we took a small box lined with a cwtchy towel, Kates' idea ;)
We tried to keep him in the box on the journer home, but he kept nipping me, so I ended up cuddling him all the way home.....bonding complete, and I became his human mammy....xxx

We're about an hour away from our pup so I'm thinking that the journey home might be an interesting one!
I think I'll put a box in the car just in case, but I kinda imagined that I'd cuddle her on my lap ;)

We're about an hour away from our pup so I'm thinking that the journey home might be an interesting one!
I think I'll put a box in the car just in case, but I kinda imagined that I'd cuddle her on my lap ;)

Definately take the box, but also the cuddly blanket/towel, the one we brought him home with, is still his favourite. x

Back