Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

bexyboo said:
Will the roulade last until tomorrow night?? :) ;)

Xx

Haha!
Felt a bit guilty earlier as Andrew thought it was for tonights tea bless him!

It would never last in my house last time i made a cake my hubby demolished it in 3 sittings lol! X

ginlin said:
Definately take the box, but also the cuddly blanket/towel, the one we brought him home with, is still his favourite. x

Aww bless him xx
I'll certainly do that hunni xx its funny but I'm actually a bit nervous as well as excited. I really hope she likes us and settles in well!

skinnydawn said:
Aww bless him xx
I'll certainly do that hunni xx its funny but I'm actually a bit nervous as well as excited. I really hope she likes us and settles in well!

She will dawn it took my dog a day but then after is was completely undivided love of her, and anyway she's bound to like it living with you how could she not! X

shenzi said:
She will dawn it took my dog a day but then after is was completely undivided love of her, and anyway she's bound to like it living with you how could she not! X

Thanks Shenzi xx
Just been on your diary lol!
Lots of ass kicking going on there!
I might have to bend over on here after wi tomorrow night...please form an orderly queue!
(oh blimey...REALLY hope Steve doesn't read this...far too much ammo for him lol!)

Hehe! Bless andrew, he'll have to wait until tomorrow!!

Your pup will love you! May take a day or too to settle but that's pups for you... I know I just kinda got one at james's, but want my own which I can go collect! Though diesel has been part of the family since the day he was born :) hehe!
Not long now though till you get her.. How exciting!!! :D

Sorry about other post going on twice, am on my phone :)

Xx

bexyboo said:
Hehe! Bless andrew, he'll have to wait until tomorrow!!

Your pup will love you! May take a day or too to settle but that's pups for you... I know I just kinda got one at james's, but want my own which I can go collect! Though diesel has been part of the family since the day he was born :) hehe!
Not long now though till you get her.. How exciting!!! :D

Sorry about other post going on twice, am on my phone :)

Xx

Cheers for that Bexy xx

I'm on my fone too btw! Got bargain hunt on the tv, hubbys fast asleep next to me...just a shame I've gotta go to work tomorrow!

skinnydawn said:
Cheers for that Bexy xx

I'm on my fone too btw! Got bargain hunt on the tv, hubbys fast asleep next to me...just a shame I've gotta go to work tomorrow!

At least your not at work at this minute, i would much rather be in bed lol x

we haven't got a proper date yet but we should be picking her up around August 14th!
Can't wait!!! :D
That's on my Birthday!!!

Anyway - we had the cauli and broccoli bake tonight and we both loved the taste although in structure it was only a semi-success.
Couldn't get quark or cottage cheese so had to use fromage frais. It's a bit too runny really and using your quantities there wasn't enough sauce for our tastes. Also we left the cauli and broccoli chunks quite large and only blanched them for 1 minute. Ours was the opposite to yours - a bit on the crunchy side. Would chop things up a bit smaller next time. But note next time - even t'other half admited he enjoyed it and that it just needed a bit of tweaking. RESULT - getting him to eat veggie food is always difficult.

Last edited:
Pommette said:
My Birthday!!!

Anyway - we had the cauli and broccoli bake tonight and we both loved the taste although in structure it was only a semi-success.
Couldn't get quark or cottage cheese so had to use fromage frais. It's a bit too runny really and using your quantities there wasn't enough sauce for our tastes. Also we left the cauli and broccoli chunks quite large and only blanched them for 1 minute. Ours was the opposite to yours - a bit on the crunchy side. Would chop things up a bit smaller next time. But note next time - even t'other half admited he enjoyed it and that it just needed a bit of tweaking. RESULT - getting him to eat veggie food is always difficult.

Oh dear! That didn't sound too good lol! Maybe if we put our two dishes together we would make one perfect one lol!!!

JimofTroy said:
I'm not getting boring yet, am I?

Just let me know.

Errrrm..........................

.................no ;)

Hee hee

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Good morning dawn, i think you should come all the way to derby and have your tasty taster night at my group lol

Good luck hope the scales show figures going down!! X

Have you decided on a name for the puppy yet Dawn? She's going to be one lucky dog.

One thing I wished we'd done with ours was to take her to the 'puppy parties' that the vet invited us to. Not my kind of thing at all but it would have been better for the dog if we had, she's nervous of strangers and I simply don't trust her around children. Never had a dog like this before so assumed we wouldn't this time - I was wrong though, the puppy parties might have helped her.

Oooh taster night for your tonight. Bet everyone will love the SW roulade. It sure is a winner in my world. Think I may make another one this weekend and maybe do the lemon curd with it. Mmmmmm. Hope work goes ok today chick x

Hi Penny,

Roulade lasted about 2 minutes...I didn't even get a bit, nor did Andrew or Frances! :rolleyes:

Good morning dawn, i think you should come all the way to derby and have your tasty taster night at my group lol

Hi Shenzi,

The last time I went to Derbyshire I got a speeding ticket!!! :mad:
And I was driving an ambulance! :badmood: I had a patient on board but cos the blues weren't on I had to pay up! :sigh:

Have you decided on a name for the puppy yet Dawn? She's going to be one lucky dog.

One thing I wished we'd done with ours was to take her to the 'puppy parties' that the vet invited us to. Not my kind of thing at all but it would have been better for the dog if we had, she's nervous of strangers and I simply don't trust her around children. Never had a dog like this before so assumed we wouldn't this time - I was wrong though, the puppy parties might have helped her.

Puppy Parties are very very fun! We stopped doing them at my vets for a while as short staffed :( but they are great!! :) x

Oh I definitely want to take her to puppy parties!!! We took Simba years ago and it was great fun for everyone!

Complete chaos...but great fun!!! :D

I think she's a Suki Bess xx

... and the Weigh In damage?

We haven't forgotten what day it is, and what the roulade was actually for, you know!

Spill the beans, Mrs.

Back